O/T - Dividing The Game Used Universe Forum Into Sections - Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriplexXxSports
    • Jan 2009

Re: O/T - Dividing The Game Used Universe Forum Into Sections - Thoughts?

Now that the auction has ended and the mods can get back to the 'norm', I would like to hear them chime in on this.

FELLA'S..........?

Comment

• Marichal27
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TriplexXxSports
      I wanted to take a poll to see what people thought about dividing the forum into separate sports - GU Football, GU Baseball, GU Basketball, GU Hockey.

Thoughts and/or opinions anybody?
      If you want another forum outside of sports collecting, start up your own forum and pay the $$.

Comment

• 34swtns
        • Apr 2006

Where did TripleX say anything about wanting "another forum outside of sports collecting"?

I must've missed that part.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Marichal27
          If you want another forum outside of sports collecting, start up your own forum and pay the $$.
          Maybe you should start on page 1 instead of skipping to page 4.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Marichal27
            Originally posted by xpress34
            I agree with separating the forums and the following suggested ideas:

An EDIT function...

An OT forum...

And I would propose you get rid of the 'Autograph' Forum as it hardly ever gets any responses - I have posted in there a few times without getting ANY responses... reposted in the GU forum and got the info I needed...

MOVE the Autograph forum as a SEPARATE Section in each of the various Sport Forums... i.e.:

Baseball Forum
            • Game Used
            • Autographed
            • Vintage
            • Misc
            Football Forum
            • Game Used
            • Autographed
            • Vintage
            • Misc
            etc, etc...

Just my .02

- Chris
            BEAUTIFULLY STATED!

Comment

• JasonBanz
              • Oct 2008

That would be awesome! I am totally for it because I am not interested in baseball collecting, and no offense to the baseball guys, I've seen more baseball bats in the past year than I care to see in my life time.

Comment

• xpress34
                • Sep 2008

TripleX -

Glad you liked my thought pattern...

Most sites have things laid out where they are broken down that way by category, sub category, etc...

- Chris

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                  • Jan 2009

Maybe if we put 2 threads side by side we might get a response....

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                    • Aug 2007

heres something we could do. when the next auction comes around do not give them any input on the threads they provide. that is the basis of their entire auction plan. You would think a site that get free auction advice on authenticity from the users of the forum would be more responsive to the problems on the forum. This isnt a game used site for people to share info any more it is a auction company. How many guys got auction catalogs after the auction? You would think a auction house trying to get their feet wet would be more proactive in trying to do things the right way.
                    Baseball do what it do
                    -Ron Washington

Comment

• JasonBanz
                      • Oct 2008

The main thing that upsets me about this is that no moderators responded to this thread. A simple no this isn't possible would suffice. Heck a we'll look into would be nice. If they can divide different sections (i.e. items wanted, auction items, ect) then why can't baseball, football, basketball, and hockey be divided. Just a thought!

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                        • Jun 2008

Why do the MODS need to respond? The site is offered for free, just enjoy it as it is! It was this way for over six years, and is fine as it is! If you don't like it create yourselves your own new site!!!

Comment

• JasonBanz
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jetersbatboy
                          Why do the MODS need to respond? The site is offered for free, just enjoy it as it is! It was this way for over six years, and is fine as it is! If you don't like it create yourselves your own new site!!!
                          Since you are a baseball collector you probably have no problem with the way this forum is run. 75% of this forum is baseball. The rest is Football, Basketball, and Hockey. I enjoy being part of the GUU forum and would not like a new one because I like everyone on this forum. I bet if it was reversed, and 75% was football you would want the change. According to the poll, many are for the change. I would just like a moderator to respond, so we know they hear us.

Comment

• ndevlin
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by JasonBanz
                            Since you are a baseball collector you probably have no problem with the way this forum is run. 75% of this forum is baseball. The rest is Football, Basketball, and Hockey. I enjoy being part of the GUU forum and would not like a new one because I like everyone on this forum. I bet if it was reversed, and 75% was football you would want the change. According to the poll, many are for the change. I would just like a moderator to respond, so we know they hear us.
                            They hear you. They heard you when all of you guys have asked about the classifieds, etc etc. Didnt get a response for that one did ya?

You guys need to realize that threads like dividing this forum and the classifieds section is considered "extras" on this site and Im pretty sure they dont care about that stuff. Why do you think they never respond to any of you guys about anything? Only responses you get is when you ask questions about an auction item during the annual GUU auction. Sad really.

You guys are wasting your time with this "extra" talk. Theres a reason why I really dont comment nowadays. This site isnt what it used to be. Its just not fun anymore....and thats really too bad!

Comment

Working...