O/T - Dividing The Game Used Universe Forum Into Sections - Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriplexXxSports
    • Jan 2009

O/T - Dividing The Game Used Universe Forum Into Sections - Thoughts?

I wanted to take a poll to see what people thought about dividing the forum into separate sports - GU Football, GU Baseball, GU Basketball, GU Hockey.

Thoughts and/or opinions anybody?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
  • helmets
    • Mar 2008

Re: O/T - Dividing The Game Used Universe Forum Into Sections - Thoughts?

I like it. Nothing against baseball bat collectors, or basketball collectors, but it is not my passion or interest. I would spend about 90% of my time in the football section.
    Buying game used helmets of Packers - all eras as well as game used helmets of HOFers or future HOFers.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by helmets
      I like it. Nothing against baseball bat collectors, or basketball collectors, but it is not my passion or interest. I would spend about 90% of my time in the football section.
      Agreed. It is not to divide the members, but the sports. If I want to know about baseball, then I can go over there, or hockey, I can go over there, or whatever.

Sometimes it is frustrating trying to navigate through all of the other stuff to find my threads of interest.

Comment

• corsairs22
        • Apr 2008

I wouldn't mind having it streamlined so that I can find my interests faster.

Comment

• treant985
          • Jun 2008

Would we also need separate auction item/classified/item WANTED sections for each sport?

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
            • Jan 2009

I Would Especially Like To Hear The Thoughts And Opinions Of The Mod's.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by treant985
              Would we also need separate auction item/classified/item WANTED sections for each sport?
              I never thought of that, but that could also help the overall easy of finding items in you respective fields.

I think that would be a great idea.

Comment

• nickacs
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by helmets
                Agree 110%.

Do you guys think there should also be just one section under GU Auctions for auction house comments/news/next upcoming auction/live auction 'what do you think about this item...?' type questions?

Dunno, just a thought. I know I lose myself in searching the Auctions forum for all threads corresponding to the current GFC, Lelands, Hunt, etc type auction. Because usually if one person has something they noticed "questionable" in the current xxx auction or 'what do you think about this item', there's a pretty good chance someone else has that same comment/question. Auctions last for 30 days mostly, so sometimes some threads get lost.

Comment

• CampWest
                  • May 2008

Don't forget a "GU Other" for boxing, olympics, etc. Hockey could probably go in there too...

Originally posted by TriplexXxSports
                  I wanted to take a poll to see what people thought about dividing the forum into separate sports - GU Football, GU Baseball, GU Basketball, GU Hockey.

Thoughts and/or opinions anybody?
                  sigpic
                  Wes Campbell

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by CampWest
                    Don't forget a "GU Other" for boxing, olympics, etc. Hockey could probably go in there too...
                    Yes.....Should also add an "OFF TOPIC" category in there too.

Comment

• cmw2ward
                      • Dec 2007

I would take it a step further,

GU Baseball:
                      -Bats
                      -Jerseys
                      -Misc.

I think it would be great to group collections. It would make networking easier!

Comment

• Birdbats
                        • Nov 2005

I'm going to play devil's advocate. I focus on baseball -- bats and jerseys -- but I enjoy reading posts about other sports. I've learned a great deal about football helmets, basketball jerseys and other things outside my expertise. I'm afraid if the board were divided by sports that I'd ignore the non-baseball categories (kind of like I do with the Vintage Memorabilia board; it's interesting, but I rarely click the link). The way it is now, if I see an intriguing thread, I'll click on it -- like an impulse buy at the cash register. Dividing by sport isn't a bad idea, and I can appreciate why people would like it. I'm just not sure I'd make the effort to "get out of my box."
                        Jeff Scott
                        birdbats@charter.net
                        http://www.birdbats.com

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Birdbats
                          I'm going to play devil's advocate. I focus on baseball -- bats and jerseys -- but I enjoy reading posts about other sports. I've learned a great deal about football helmets, basketball jerseys and other things outside my expertise. I'm afraid if the board were divided by sports that I'd ignore the non-baseball categories (kind of like I do with the Vintage Memorabilia board; it's interesting, but I rarely click the link). The way it is now, if I see an intriguing thread, I'll click on it -- like an impulse buy at the cash register. Dividing by sport isn't a bad idea, and I can appreciate why people would like it. I'm just not sure I'd make the effort to "get out of my box."
                          +1

Comment

• 34swtns
                            • Apr 2006

SEGREGATE!!!!!!
                            (Channeling a little George Wallace, there).

A great idea that's long overdue. I get tired of digging through 50 baseball threads to find the "Show me your NFL stuff" thread, or any NFL thread for that matter.

Football very definitely needs its own area.

Comment

• hiflyer56
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2009

That would be great!

Comment

Working...