Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ryan Zimmerman gets his 1st Gold Glove!

Almost 2 weeks ago, Ryan received the 1st ever ESPN WebGem of the Year award which honors the great defensive plays and now Zim got his first ever Gold Glove which meant a lot to him personally as he takes so much pride in his defense.

At the hot corner, Washington Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman completed one of the most well-rounded individual seasons in baseball by winning his first Gold Glove, Zimmerman, who made his first All-Star team and batted .292 with 33 home runs and 106 RBIs, also led all NL third basemen in assists, total chances, total outs recorded and games started.

This also is the 1st Gold Glove in Nationals history!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Re: Ryan Zimmerman gets his 1st Gold Glove!

Ryan put together a truly fantastic season!!! He plays the game the right way and he is a true pleasure to watch play day in and day out .....(on MLB Extra Ticket....

If only the Tigers had a player like him to cheer for....
    Thanks a lot
    Josh

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Almost 2 weeks ago, Ryan received the 1st ever ESPN WebGem of the Year award which honors the great defensive plays and now Zim got his first ever Gold Glove which meant a lot to him personally as he takes so much pride in his defense.

At the hot corner, Washington Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman completed one of the most well-rounded individual seasons in baseball by winning his first Gold Glove, Zimmerman, who made his first All-Star team and batted .292 with 33 home runs and 106 RBIs, also led all NL third basemen in assists, total chances, total outs recorded and games started.

This also is the 1st Gold Glove in Nationals history!

Hey Andrew....I replied to your email....I was having problems with my internet connection so I am just following up
    Thanks a lot
    Josh

Josh - I just emailed you pics of 6 Ryan Zimmerman game used bats!

Name:  GoldGloveWinners2009_01.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  119.6 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

There could be argument that Aybar could have received it over Jeter. I personally think Aybar played better defense this yr. Just my thought.

I can't believe Pujols didn't win it at first

I cant believe Zimmerman won. A guy sets a record for fielding percentage at 3rd and he doesnt get it? his glove is not in the HOF, but he doesnt get a gold glove? seriously? I hate how defensive awards, arent completely defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by scootmagroot View Post
    I cant believe Zimmerman won. A guy sets a record for fielding percentage at 3rd and he doesnt get it? his glove is not in the HOF, but he doesnt get a gold glove? seriously? I hate how defensive awards, arent completely defensive.
    This is certainly a subjective award but Zim is a defensive magician at 3rd base and the fielding percentage is only one measure as Zim had the highest Ultimate Zone Rating of 18.1 which led all big league third baseman -- UZR is an advanced metric that measures the number of runs a player saves or lets in, above or below an average player. Also Zimmerman led all NL third basemen with 459 total chances and 325 assists and was a fixture of the "Web Gems" segment of ESPN's "Baseball Tonight" and won the 1st ever Web Gem award! It was determined that many of his throwing errors were due to that fact he got to balls that others couldn't and had to make off-balance throws.

Also remember that the Padres have a slick fielder at 1st base in Adrian Gonzalez who won a Gold Glove and saved several throwing errors for his 3rd baseman.

On the pure fielding percentage, you say no but with all the factors it was a no doubter. They got this one right!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

At least we finally have a baseball player worth an award around the DC area. No gold gloves on the Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by scootmagroot View Post

Brooks Robinson said that Ryan Zimmerman is the best defensive 3B in the game today.

That's all I need to hear for Zim to get my vote. If B. Robby says its so, its so.