Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BMH: 2009 World Series bat question

Brian,

Can you please share with us if HB made souvenir or promo 2009 World Series bats for certain players which would differ from their regular game bats?

For example if a player is known to use only double dipped bats for game use were non-double dipped 2009 World Series stamped bats made for souvenirs?

Thanks
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Re: BMH: 2009 World Series bat question

Are you asking about Jeter?

To be honest I'll have to look into that. I know we are making a lot of Jeter bats for something, but it's in Special Brands and I usually avoid the area because our worker will talk you to death.

I know we made a lot of game bats for this world series. I know we made at least a dozen Arods and at least eight Jeters and I know Posada's first order was for six instead of the usual two. Then again watching the games these guys were breaking some bats!
    Brian Hillerich

Brian,

Here's a photo of the bat in question.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Yep, souvie bats.
    Brian Hillerich

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    Yep, souvie bats.
    Thanks for confirming this Brian!
    metsbats86@aol.com

Brian,

I was just wondering how many souvie bats were made? Are they being made for other players, and are they gonna be available to the public? Thanks as always.

Tim

tmw2ward@hotmail.com

I have the above jeter bat - which I mistakenly thought was a game issued bat - . Thanks Brian for the clarification. If anyone is interested in it, please email me zak@brring.com. Thanks

The grain count alone should have told you it wasnt a issued or used bat. No way Jeter even touches a bat with grains like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB_Authentic View Post
    The grain count alone should have told you it wasnt a issued or used bat. No way Jeter even touches a bat with grains like that.
    That's correct. The grain count and the fact that you can even see the grains at all since Jeter uses double dipped bats was a red flag.

Once again kudos to Zak for being open to this feedback regarding the bat in his possession and for Brian for his help confirming the type of bat this is.

While it's not a game bat I think it's still a nice collectible from this year's WS and the Yankee captain.
    metsbats86@aol.com