Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: game worn patriots brady jersey?

good point about the mark on the pants, it clearly not a match. not to say another pics may match but that one clearly dose not.

also the mark on the front of the jerey appears to be a mark that flows from left to right while the mark in the photo appears to me clearly north/south. also what about the other marks such ad the black marks on the #2 on the back that i could not find one match for. those white marks are very easy to doctor.

i was offered this jersey as well and trolled through many pics from getty,corbis, nfl and could not find those marks anywhere.

can anyone provide more photos that clearly match ?

NE, also reason why you would not share that info?

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...t=3114&page=47

Guys ....I own this Jersey which is from the January 7th Wildcard game against the Jets. I displayed it a while ago under June Pickups and the photomatch thread. This is absolutely 100% photo matched to this game although nothing is so certain until you are actually holding it in your hands. The right soldier, nameplate and front number are spot on. Its hard to show them all, but I have dozens of great photos to make it conclusive. The guy that was trying to peddle the Jersey had never seen the Jersey in person, so he was missing the most important match on Brady's right shoulder.

It is a great Jersey and it came with the written provenance of its origination from Wes Welker. It came with the pants, shoes, helmet and play wrist band.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...?t=3114&page=2

I may have posted the wrong link last time.

You stated that you photo matched this jersey to the 01/07/2007 wildcard game vs. the Jets...

This jersey is tagged "07-48"....wouldn't Brady be wearing an "06-48" jersey..."07" jerseys wouldn't come out to the beginning of the 2007 NFL season.....

The Patriots confirmed that it is a common practice at the end of the season to use the next years Tagging.

wes welker? the seller told me he got it from a connection to rodney harrsion; the guy was located in new york if i remember correct;

one other thing, those marks are close, but there is no black marks on the white number on the back which are clear from the pictures that are not on that of those from the game ; check out this one you will see what i am talking about

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/78...y-Images-Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    The Patriots confirmed that it is a common practice at the end of the season to use the next years Tagging.
    never heard that before.....

also i had a hard time find the other marks circled in the orginal pics he sent me to the jersey?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

to be clear before i make any other comments i want to make it clear i am in no way trying to attack the owner of the jersey in anyway. i am not saying it is game used or not i want to keep this on the facts / photos of the jerseys. i am trying to learn as much as i can about gw brady jersey so i can feel confident spending the $15k plus it would take to own one if that time and opp came.

i am just passing along what the own stated to me.

You were chatting with Hiflyer 56 who did not own the Jersey and had never even seen the Jersey. His name is Stephen and he posted the photos here first. The seller confirmed that Stephen was out trying to sell the Jersey before he tried to buy it. He was banned from the site last year. You are correct that he is from NY.

The source that I purchased the Jersey from works for the NFL and is a close friend of Wes Welkers.

As for not seeing the mark on the number? Did you ever consider that it did not exist at the time of the photo? If any of you guys live in the Boston Area, you are more than welcome to come see the Jersey and you will no longer have any doubts that this is the exact Jersey. If you just can't live with the authenticity of this Jersey, then we can agree to disagree....I have the Jersey and have no doubts whatsoever of its origin or its authenticity.