• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 93cobra
    • Jun 2010

Re: game worn patriots brady jersey?

Originally posted by clinton2828
    cobra,

that white jersey is not even game issued it was just on ebay last month. it had many hit marks on it yet none matched one game phot. that jersey has never seen the pats locker room it should not be a point of reference.
    Originally posted by clinton2828
    you cant because the pics are to small , point being that that jersey did not come from the pats, lets face it they DO NOT sell or release jerseys game worn or team issued, with that said that jersey should not be used as a point of refrence but rather game photos alone.
    so its not game issued/pro cut because the pics are too small and the pats don't release jerseys? I still don't follow you with the "hit marks" this jersey appears to have never been worn

Comment

• 93cobra
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by 93cobra
      so its not game issued/pro cut because the pics are too small and the pats don't release jerseys? I still don't follow you with the "hit marks" this jersey appears to have never been worn
      I was wondering if you had a reason like wrong font, incorrect cut, etc....

Comment

• TNT29
        • Apr 2008

Here is an 07 Brady Highland Mint was selling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	662388
        Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	662387

Comment

• hockeytigers
          • Feb 2009

Beantown and others...

I find it hard to believe that the jersey Mulligans has is a fake... so I decided to try and figure out if Beantown is correct and can tell that the Brady jersey does not have elastic on the bottom from a photo.

I only own one legit Patriots jersey so my sample size is pretty small!

Let's have some fun and see who can get this right.

What do you think the bottom (tail) of this Gostkowski jersey actually looks like based on the picture? Is the bottom of this jersey trimmed and sewn with elastic, trimmed and sewn without elastic, not touched?
          Attached Files

Comment

• beantown
            • Nov 2005

It has an elastic waistband....
            Attached Files

Comment

• hockeytigers
              • Feb 2009

that's cheating...

Comment

• CollectGU
                • Nov 2005

On the Brady pictures posted by Beantown , it appears that you can see the end of the hem line where the Gostowski jersey clearly appears to be tucked back under? What are people's thoughts? Is the hemline on the brady visible or is the elastic waistband just tucked up under in the photo making it appear to be hemmed?

Dave

Comment

• hockeytigers
                  • Feb 2009

Here is another picture from the same game that looks to me like there is elastic at the bottom of the jersey.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Dewey2007
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by hockeytigers
                    Here is another picture from the same game that looks to me like there is elastic at the bottom of the jersey.
                    I agree. You have to take into account that he is wearing some thick padding under his jersey so that stretches the jersey out around his waist area so the pictures could be a little deceiving.
                    sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• beantown
                      • Nov 2005

No elastic waistbands on '06 - current Brady jerseys...Moreover, the '09 Brady AFL Throwback from NFL Auctions...NO ELASTIC WAISTBAND.....
                      Attached Files

Comment

• beantown
                        • Nov 2005

Brady's '05 Gamer from the Patriots Hall of Fame....thick elastic waistband w/ tail tags...
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Mulligans
                          • Dec 2009

Hey Guys….Sorry that I have not been able to weigh in on the controversy, but I have been doing the family thing.

I have only had The Brady Jersey for a few weeks and so far, I am quite confident that this is Brady’s Jersey from the Jets game in question. I have gathered and continue to gather information about the Jerseys history, photo matches, video analysis, and input from the Patriots. With each bit of new information, it only gets better. Honestly guys..….the waistband analysis is much to do about nothing. I can configure the waistband to do whatever I want it to do and make a photo look whatever I want it to look like. I guess that is why they call it elastic?

It is very difficult for anyone to come to any conclusion without actually holding the Jersey in their hands. I have watched the video of this game several times and it just does not get ant better than having the Jersey in your hands as you hit the rewind and freeze button.

Photos are nice, but they don’t really do much to present clarity….. If you saw the game use and staining on this Jersey, I am sure that you would see my point of view. Sure, I guess anyone could fake a Jersey, but to what level? How can you duplicate a helmet burn to perfection? Paint staining that overlays perfectly, a nameplate and number that are a 100% spot on match and not duplicated on any other Jersey that I could find photographed over the last 6 years? I guess anything is possible, but really?

I will continue to gather info and let you guys know as soon as I’m done with my homework….I hope that it continues to work out in my favor.

Do you want to hear something funny though….I just picked up a real nice Brady Play wristband (2 minute offense still in tact) from another Forum member. The wristband and the Jersey smell exactly the same! It is like a musky BO mixed with perfumed skin cream!

Any forensic scientists out there?

HAVE A GREAT 4th EVERYONE!

Comment

• clinton2828
                            • Jan 2006

bean,

great point about the waist band. to me it is clear that jersey from the jets game dose not have a elastic waist band.

mulligans,

my other question would be what about the other marks on the jersey that do not appears to not match up to other photos from that game.

the black marks on the #2 on the back of the jersey .

Comment

Working...