Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: So Who Wan'ts To Admit What They Won!

Pulled the trigger on the Boggs Helmet

I got the David Wright Auto Game Used Third Base.

Scott

They sell display cases for full size home plates. Here is where I got 1 for my Mets home plate. http://www.halloffamememorabilia.com...table-top.aspx

John

OT but I won 3 auctions, went to print my invoice to pay and the shipping/handling I'm being charged is $1000?? I will never be able to bid again. Either I missed the fine print or there wasn't any warning me of that. Yikes.

My items will go on my baseball wailing wall I guess......

The shipping charges are in correct, I inquired about that also! They said it would be a couple of days before the correct S&H is done.

John,
    thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by jetersbatboy View Post
    The shipping charges are in correct, I inquired about that also! They said it would be a couple of days before the correct S&H is done.

John,
    thanks for the link!
    So, a revised invoice will be issued, praying to God??
    Thanks for that brother, I will now be able to sleep tonight. I owe you one.

Here is the content from the supplemental email that went out to the winning bidders:

We would like to thank everyone who participated in GUU Auction's Fall 2009 Auction. We are thrilled that we were able to offer such fine memorabilia and hope all winning bidders will enjoy their items.

Regarding invoices, while we have spoken to some people directly already, we wanted to make sure everyone was clear. As per the email that was sent to you, we actually used the $1,000 shipping as a placeholder so people would know not to pay the invoice until the shipping charges were calculated. Specifically, here is the statement in the email that was sent to you:

To access your invoice, login to the auction site and select accounts. Please note the shipping amount is initially set by default to an incorrect amount. Invoices may require up to 72 hours for the correct shipping and insurance amounts to be reflected. Thank you!

We will send out an additional email to let everyone know when the invoices have been updated with the correct shipping charges and at that point we can handle the payment for you. Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

While we wanted to use "TBD" in the shipping column, the software required a number in that column so we used $1,000 (with the explanation) to make sure no one paid the invoices before the shipping amounts were calculated. Sorry if it created any confusion.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

My misfortune re: email notification. As I just informed Chris via email, my GUU email has all routed to my spam folder and not to my inbox, since 11/2. All my auction activity was based off what I saw on the auction site, and my bidding reflected overbids that I saw myself, not through auto email notification.

My apologies to Chris and anyone else whom I may have alarmed by way of my email drought.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

And I WILL be able to bid again........

Banned

Looks like good deals where had by some !

I was the winner of the OJ Mayo game worn jersey and shoes. I have a questions for you experts. As you know this jersey was offered by JOSportsCo. If you go to their website they have two other jersey's with exact dates of use. My problem is this if you lookm at the size tag the +4 length is different than those on their site.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I won the Trevor Laws 2006 Notre Dame Home jersey. I am really excited, the pictures show a ton of game use and repairs on the shoulders.

I've already found a great photomatch in a Steiner signed photo, will definitely make an awesome display piece.