Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Historic Auctions Update

I spoke to James Brown earlier tonight and I did have dinner with him Saturday night. James is in Chicago until Monday night (baring flight delays due to Florida weather issues) and will check his email on Tuesday and will respond to all inquiries. He will also address any questions that were brought up last week so we are all clear on Historic Auction's ownership and Global status.

Re: Historic Auctions Update

Great. I look forward to his answers.

I also look forward to answers on why it was not disclosed that his authenticators at one time had a financial interest in the items they wrote letters on.

Also waiting to find out a master list of which lots the authenticators currently have or previously had a financial interest in.

I had asked Mr. Brown for a list of all the ASI items authenticated by Mr. Wells in this auction. He said he is not able to do that because it is not listed that way in his system.

Eric

I have been told there are other questions that have gone unanswered.

Please list them here.

Eric

Banned

Eric-
    My questions relate to McGwire.

1. The "1998 jersey" with the MLB logo patch on the back of the collar has been pulled. What was the reason?

2. The catalog lists a pair of game worn McGwire pants, however, the live site does not include them ANYWHERE. Are they pulled as well? If so, why?

Both questions were sent via email to Historic, however, no reply to me received.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

Eric-
    I also sent an email regarding the tagging on thier 1998 McGwire road. Notice how the year tag is sewn so that the first 1 in 1998 is completely covered. I have NEVER seen this on any 1998 Cardinals jersey. I have seen a year tag sewn like this, however, it is most often in an attempt to conceal the stitich marks on the tag when it is removed from a common jersey and later used to make a "star" jersey. Likewise, the size 52 tag is oversized. I asked the folks at Historic for a response, including a close inspection of the year tag to determine if it has been resewn, however, have never heard back.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Eric

I sent them a email asking what year was the Mcgwire bats.But still no response.Maybe you can help

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    I spoke to James Brown earlier tonight and I did have dinner with him Saturday night. James is in Chicago until Monday night (baring flight delays due to Florida weather issues) and will check his email on Tuesday and will respond to all inquiries. He will also address any questions that were brought up last week so we are all clear on Historic Auction's ownership and Global status.

Joel, can you get me tickets to his next concert??

Joel..perhaps the next time you have dinner with Mr. Brown, you can pass on the information that techology has existed for some time to retrieve and respond to emails from remote locations. With their auction ending tomorrow, I find it curious why one of their "exceutives" would make themselves unavailable via email with less than a week left in their auction.

I believe that auction actually has 8 days and change left however I to find the lack of response to the many issues that have been left unanswered a bit disconcerting. There is simply no viable reason why the many questions that have been asked about these items since this auction went live over three weeks ago still remain unanswered. Either the individuals running this auction are completely disorganized or they are repeatedly trying to hide something. In either case, I want no part of this.

Brett

Actually, Historic Auctions ends a week from tomorrow.

Joel- any chance you can ask Mr. Brown to address these issues?

Eric