Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tom1315
    • Mar 2008

Re: Show Us Your College Game Used Items

"shipp_96", love the Oregon helmet pick up...and the NAVY gamers, super nice!

Congratulations on the new additions!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Comment

• gaytorhater703
      • Jan 2010

Yea I second the congrats on the armed forces jerseys and the oregon helmet...enjoy
      WTB or Trade for LSU GU Jerseys and other LSU GU items email me at gaytorhater703@gmail.com

Comment

• Shipp_96
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by yosef777
        Shipp_96,
        Very Cool Oregon helmet but are you sure it is a clear shell? I though maybe it is just a thick layer of clear coat over the top of the 'carbon fiber' finish. LMK, when you get it if it has the paint applied from the inside or if it is impregnated (colored) plastic.
        Hey Yosef777, when I get it I will be able to tell you more. I have never seen anything but a clear shell look like this, which is why i described it that way. You may be right about your theory.

@gaytorhater703 and tom1315,

Thank you both for the compliments! Tom, that is a sweet DUKE jersey. Real nice compliment to your DUKE worn helmet.

Comment

• project 4
          • Jan 2011

Photo with him wearing the shoes.

Comment

• tom1315
            • Mar 2008

Picked up a NAVY helmet last used the 2003 season it appears. As many of you know I am primarily an ACC/SEC helmet guy yet occasionally pick up unique lids...like the 2011 NAVY game used helmet from the Academy in their last Army/NAVY game in December 2011. Just too cool to pass up having that one. This recent addition is their standard issue yet is timeless and compliments my other NAVY gamer. Facemask marked "FJC" for June 2003 and has three recertification stickers showing...last date 2003. Nice game usage evident and love the decals on the rear!

A huge "THANK YOU" to forum member "shipp_96" for his input and guidance re NAVY gamers!! Enjoy!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate (and "yes" we were in attendance to see the incredible victory over Florida State last Saturday evening!)
            Attached Files

Comment

• Shipp_96
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by tom1315
              Picked up a NAVY helmet last used the 2003 season it appears. As many of you know I am primarily an ACC/SEC helmet guy yet occasionally pick up unique lids...like the 2011 NAVY game used helmet from the Academy in their last Army/NAVY game in December 2011. Just too cool to pass up having that one. This recent addition is their standard issue yet is timeless and compliments my other NAVY gamer. Facemask marked "FJC" for June 2003 and has three recertification stickers showing...last date 2003. Nice game usage evident and love the decals on the rear!

A huge "THANK YOU" to forum member "shipp_96" for his input and guidance re NAVY gamers!! Enjoy!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate (and "yes" we were in attendance to see the incredible victory over Florida State last Saturday evening!)
              Tom, I appreciate the thank you...glad I was able to help. It looks real sharp with the Pro Combat! Like I mentioned to you, I held that one in my hands and sadly put it back in the bin during the Academy sale because I found the only two there with padding in them. But a sweet lid nonetheless! Congrats!!

Comment

• masp3392
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by tom1315

Tom

as a hurricanes fan, THANK YOU

Comment

• TBTwinsFan
                  • Jun 2011

I have a question, I hope you guys can help. I am looking into picking up a few GU Michigan jerseys, do these look correct (nothing against the seller, just as newbie, I am just trying to make sure I do things right).

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2005

Just scored a nice Syracuse helmet from 1965-1966. It's a Riddell TK5 and with the exception of the numbers being removed from the sides of the helmet, it appears to be original. Pretty sure not too many of these babies have survived the ages.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net
                    Attached Files

Comment

• sjsinohio
                      • Sep 2010

Here is a Weber State Riddell HA-9 Micro Fit helmet. I believe it is from 1969, the first year Riddell made the Micro Fit.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• russyurk
                        • May 2008

A few from my alma mater, the University of Michigan.
                        - Two game worn from the Nike era, circa 2007.
                        - Two 2009 practice worn Adidas, David Molk #50 and Obi Ezeh #45.
                        Attached Files
                        Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Comment

• Shipp_96
                          • Feb 2011

Just won this one today, Oregon Stormtrooper white alternate helmet from their 2009 season. Wore by #91 Dane Ebanez, who is still currently on the roster but at the time was on the scout team as a redshirt freshman. They wore this style of helmet in the Rose Bowl loss to Ohio State that year. Shows nice use but can't really call it game worn since it was only worn in scrimmages. Won from the University.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Shipp_96
                            • Feb 2011

Correction, I miss read the auction and went over it after posting. The Oregon white helmet is from the 2011 season and WAS game worn! Same player, but they threw me off with their intro story of how this style was introduced in 2009. However it was from 2011 and the PAC-12 (as opposed to PAC-10) sticker should have told me that without reading the entire auction description over.

Comment

• masp3392
                              • Jun 2011

Picked up some great stuff for my miami hurricanes collection.

Willis McGahee, Ed Reed, and my favorites Frank Gore game used cleats.

The Willis McGahee's are style matched to the 2002 season so far, the Ed Reed's are style matched to the 2001 season, and the Frank Gore ones are inscribed "vs. FSU 04" in which he scored the game winning TD in overtime.

Comment

• tom1315
                                • Mar 2008

Shipp_96 and masp3392 - nice pick up's guys.

I had not checked the site for a few days and am now just catching up!

Shipp_96, that Oregon Stormtrooper from 2009 is a beaut!

Masp3392, the McGahee, Reed and Gore cleats are awesome acquisitions for your Hurricanes' collection. Nice pictures too!

Thanks for sharing guys and glad the site is back up!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Comment

Working...