• snick33
    • Mar 2012

Re: Show Us Your College Game Used Items

Gary Gray sry for the typo

Comment

• tom1315
      • Mar 2008

Snick33, love the new 2011 Gary Gray Notre Dame helmet! That is one awesome lid with the Adidas visor and evident wear. Thanks for sharing.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Comment

• snick33
        • Mar 2012

Just added this 2011 Gary Gray jersey to the helmet. Jersey shows a few hit marks and a repair.

This helmet does not have the Bowl decal on the back. But im going to ask you guys to chime in. Does this look like a match to the bowl game? To me it does. Wondering why no decal?
        Attached Files

Comment

• tom1315
          • Mar 2008

snick33, looks spot on to me. Odd the bowl decal is not on the rear of the helmet yet I have a 2004 Cotton Bowl helmet worn by Corey Larkins from the University of Tennessee and the cross decal worn for that game was removed. The glue residue remains in place but the decal was removed.

I see three scars from the picture that match on your helmet. Maybe consider shooting an email to the equipment manager and ask why the bowl decal is missing? You can find his email I suspect on the Notre Dame listing of coaches and other key personnel. Let us know what you learn.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Comment

• Shipp_96
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by snick33
            Just added this 2011 Gary Gray jersey to the helmet. Jersey shows a few hit marks and a repair.

This helmet does not have the Bowl decal on the back. But im going to ask you guys to chime in. Does this look like a match to the bowl game? To me it does. Wondering why no decal?
            Nice match snick33!

To answer your question, there is no good answer. Equipment Managers are weird squirrelly people. I have won helmets I have exact photo matches to, and the Manager has removed the players back #, special decals, etc. Each school is different, some even leave all the decals. But it's sadly a common practice to remove certain #s or decals.

I even won a helmet that SHOWED pictures of the player's # and a memorial decal on the back, but by the time it was shipped they were taken off? I contacted the Marketing Director and told him they falsely advertised the product, yet they would not send me replacement decals for the ones they removed. Hope this helps to shed some light from my personal experiences with game worn helmets.

Comment

• halzeus
              • Apr 2008

If a player participates in a post season senior all star type game, they may have to remove bowl stickers.

Congrats on the match.

Comment

• snick33
                • Mar 2012

Thanks guys im going to look into a few of these things. Either way im just thrilled to have a new style helmet and the jersey to match. Plus my first photo match.

Comment

• TReinman
                  • Apr 2010

Hi! I posted this in the December Pick-Ups thread, but wanted to ask the question again.

I just got a Game Ball from the University of MICHIGAN! (Go Blue!) Very excited. On one panel the number "21" is written twice in Silver Sharpie. Anyone know what that could mean? Is it just ball number 21 out of 25 or something? Or is this a touchdown ball from Junior Hemingway, in the 2008 season (the Wilson code letters match it to Feb of 2008 for when it was made. So, perhaps used in the '08 season or after.)

-- Tim

Comment

• snick33
                    • Mar 2012

Added a Under shirt Notre Dame wore in the season opener in Ireland
                    Attached Files

Comment

• beaglegypsy003
                      • Mar 2010

Here are two Wounded Warrior jerseys worn by the University of Hawaii on Nov. 24, 2012 versus UNLV. Number 33 was worn by John Hardy-Tuliau who had two interceptions in the game, returning one for a touchdown. The number 97 was worn by defensive tackle Tavita Woodard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0591-picsay.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	686965

Name:	IMAG0592-picsay.jpg
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	686966

Name:	IMAG0595-picsay.jpg
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	686967

Name:	IMAG0596-picsay.jpg
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	686968

Comment

• beaglegypsy003
                        • Mar 2010

Except for Shipp_96 USF helmet, has anybody else have any Wounded Warrior gamers? Hawaii sold all 105 jerseys in their auction and Boston College did the same with their jerseys earlier this year. I think besides USF, Texas Tech and South Carolina also wore Wounded Warrior jerseys.

Comment

• Shipp_96
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by beaglegypsy003
                          Except for Shipp_96 USF helmet, has anybody else have any Wounded Warrior gamers? Hawaii sold all 105 jerseys in their auction and Boston College did the same with their jerseys earlier this year. I think besides USF, Texas Tech and South Carolina also wore Wounded Warrior jerseys.
                          Man, I am sorry I missed that auction. That is the nicest Wounded Warrior jersey I have ever seen! Nice pickup!!

Comment

• Shipp_96
                            • Feb 2011

Hey snick33,

I wanted to update a previous story of mine and give you some hope! I literally badgered the University of Oregon for a month about missing decals from a helmet I won that were shown in the auction, but removed before it shipped. Well, good news! Today via FedEx I was sent a brand new sheet of # decals for my helmet, to replace the ones they removed from the AD.

Just letting you know if you are persistent ND may come thru for you.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• snick33
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Shipp_96
                              Hey snick33,

I wanted to update a previous story of mine and give you some hope! I literally badgered the University of Oregon for a month about missing decals from a helmet I won that were shown in the auction, but removed before it shipped. Well, good news! Today via FedEx I was sent a brand new sheet of # decals for my helmet, to replace the ones they removed from the AD.

Just letting you know if you are persistent ND may come thru for you.
                              Shipp I contacted Notre Dame about the Bowl Decal. Talked directly to the Equipment Manager. He told me i would have to take that up with Stiener. Wasn't much help. Stiener said that's how they got it. How bad do you think that effects the value? Even tho I can photo match it.

Comment

• Shipp_96
                                • Feb 2011

Shipp I contacted Notre Dame about the Bowl Decal. Talked directly to the Equipment Manager. He told me i would have to take that up with Stiener. Wasn't much help. Stiener said that's how they got it. How bad do you think that effects the value? Even tho I can photo match it.
                                Hey snick,

Sorry to hear that. That's kind of bogus the ND Equipment Manager passed the buck to Steiner...pretty lame honestly. I'd say if you look on ebay you might find someone that sells Bowl game decals that are pretty close to the real deal if you really want to have it on there for your own piece of mind. However, that would be something to consider. Personally, I do not add or take anything off of my game worn helmets unless it was supplied by the school (like the # decals I just received), since they are legitimate. So again, it's your call.

Now as for value, IMO the Bowl logo does adds value since it is a significant game. However, with the decal removed I think you still can get decent value if you state exactly what you documented on here. You photo matched it, you called the Equipment Manager at ND who was a tool, and Steiner were no help. To me that shows evidence of it use and the lack of cooperation by the parties involved in helping you replace the decal. It's really a shame ND were of so little help, but not much more you can do.

If you are hanging on to it for your personal collection I would just leave it as is knowing it's from the Bowl game. That's my two cents anyways.

Comment

Working...