Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snick33
    • Mar 2012

Re: Show Us Your College Game Used Items

SHIPP Thats my plan to leave it as is. My last thing to try is ask the Player if he has any knowledge. I actually spoke to him 2 nights ago. I dont plan on selling it I was just trying to judge value.

Thanks for all the help

Comment

• Shipp_96
      • Feb 2011

Just had an exhausting coast to coast, then back flight in under 2 days. But came home and found out I won this! Maxwell Football Club Collegiate Coach of the Year and Big Ten Coach of the Year Bill O'Brien signed game issued Penn State helmet, won from the University.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Shipp_96
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Shipp_96
        Just had an exhausting coast to coast, then back flight in under 2 days. But came home and found out I won this! Maxwell Football Club Collegiate Coach of the Year and Big Ten Coach of the Year Bill O'Brien signed game issued Penn State helmet, won from the University.
        Wanted to make a correction to this. The helmet came today, one day after the auction ended. I have NEVER got anything from east to west coast so quick in my life from an auction! Also, the helmet is USED and not issued as advertised. It shows moderate use but usage nonetheless. Possibly a lower string players helmet. Very happy with it!

Comment

• tom1315
          • Mar 2008

i was able to pick a fine lineman's 1996 gamer from my beloved NC State today. The recertification stick under a cheek pad is showing 1996, the four facemask clips are dated 2/96 and the Schutt facemask shows a "FIC" for June 1993. Nice battle scars up top. Shows some yellowing and may be due to lighting or other factors due to where it was kept by the prior owner.

Nice and heavy...with good wear...enjoy!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate
          Attached Files

Comment

• perlman9
            • Dec 2007

Just picked up this Aaron Bates MSU Jersey for the collection

Jason Perlman
            jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

• Shipp_96
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by tom1315
              i was able to pick a fine lineman's 1996 gamer from my beloved NC State today. The recertification stick under a cheek pad is showing 1996, the four facemask clips are dated 2/96 and the Schutt facemask shows a "FIC" for June 1993. Nice battle scars up top. Shows some yellowing and may be due to lighting or other factors due to where it was kept by the prior owner.

Nice and heavy...with good wear...enjoy!

Tom

Tom,

Nice addition to your NC State collection. I know you love adding helmets from your Alma Mater when you get the opportunity!

Comment

• Gridiron Heroes
                • Mar 2011

I've been so busy after my move and teaching I've had zero time to post in quite a while. My partners and I have been busy buying a lot of Gopher related items, most of which are now up on our website for those who follow our growing Minnesota Gophers collection.

Here's the biggest pain in the rear collectible I've ever puchased; Gophers football locker used in their practice facility. This one was last used by QB/WR MarQueis Gray. We also picked up two more of current starters. It took three hours and three trips in two trucks to pick up the lockers and foot lockers (not pictured). Each locker weighed 250 lbs.

We're working on putting together Matt's sports room so when we're done with that, I'll get pictures up. You will not be dissapointed!

Shawn
                www.gopherjerseys.com
                gridironheroes22@yahoo.com
                Attached Files

Comment

• tom1315
                  • Mar 2008

"Shipp_96", thanks for the kind words. I was very pleased to add another gamer from NC State to the collection.

Shawn aka "Gridiron Heroes"...very cool acquisition to your Gopher collection. The football locker makes a very impressive display piece for the jerseys and helmets. Are the two helmets up top and the jerseys MarQueis Gray's actual gear? If so that is really cool to have all paired together.

Tom

Comment

• Gridiron Heroes
                    • Mar 2011

Hi Tom,

We only have one of MarQueis' away jerseys, but have one more from this season on the way. We just set up the helmets and other stuff for display.

Shawn
                    gridrionheroes22@yahoo.com
                    www.gopherjerseys.com

Comment

• perlman9
                      • Dec 2007

Picked up this Spartans helmet. I believe practice worn 2002 as there is a mailing label from the MSU Atheltic Department dated Fed of 2003. But since no numbers on the back am assuming practice or sent to be refurbished but never was?

Jason Perlman
                      jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

• Shipp_96
                        • Feb 2011

After watching and bidding on numerous jerseys, only ended up winning one from the Academy's auction. This 2011 NAVY QB Trey Miller "rookie" jersey, which he wore as a Sophomore. Miller now wears #1 since they changed their jersey style and he was (initially) named the starter in 2012. For only winning one jersey, happy that this was won with my minimum bid!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• perlman9
                          • Dec 2007

Monquiz Wedlow signed and game worn Michigan State Spartans jersey

www.photobucket.com/msugameworn
                          Jason Perlman
                          jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

• Shipp_96
                            • Feb 2011

Super rare helmet from my other Alma Mater, Shippensburg Red Raiders game worn helmet. They wore this style up until 2010.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Jessica4Bama
                              • Jan 2013

Any ideas of where I could find Alabama Crimson Tide game used football items? I'm looking for a jersey or football. I've searched on eBay, but no luck. The only game used item I have of Alabama is a chin strap. Really want a football.

Comment

• snick33
                                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Jessica4Bama
                                Any ideas of where I could find Alabama Crimson Tide game used football items? I'm looking for a jersey or football. I've searched on eBay, but no luck. The only game used item I have of Alabama is a chin strap. Really want a football.
                                Ive seen stuff on

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...