• Jul 2013

Re: Show Us Your College Game Used Items

Looks great in your collection. Enjoy. Alan

Comment

• jaimy-aa-cb
      • May 2012

Hey everybody!

Even though i have focused my collection on game used items from the chicago bears and the amsterdam admirals, i got a few items i just really liked.

When i saw the Army-navy game in 2011, when the Navy was wearing their Nike pro combat uniforms, i just fell in love with the uniform! I had to get me one! i managed too collect some items i like to show you.

First off al, as a collector from the netherlands, collecting is a pretty expensive hobby! the helmet i had too replicate, (i really dont like the so-so or the replica items, so this pretty much feels like cheating!) BUT! i studied game-film, photos, did some corresponding with some people who work with the team. I bought an authentic Riddell speed helmet, got the textured paint job, got me the best looking decals i could find. only thing missing... is the black front bumper. but thats something i'm looking into.

The jersey is a authentic one! so are the gloves.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Claymore
        • Mar 2013

Travor Turner UCLA jersey from 1996..

Comment

• tom1315
          • Mar 2008

Here are three decades of Georgia Tech college helmets. A huge thank you to Jim aka "cohibasmoker" for selling me the 1974 GT suspension helmet. My 1st suspension lid.

The lids...left to right...a1997 gamer, one worn four years 87-90 and the new 74 - displays perfectly. Great talking pieces too. Curtis of Helmet Hut looked at the 74 and my late 80's gamer...felt they super acquisitions.

Enjoy!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate
          Attached Files

Comment

• The Kid
            • Jan 2010

Looking for GU/GI items of the Fallowing:
            Oregon Ducks

Comment

• helmet lover
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by RJB44
              Here is part of my collection of 1980s era game used knits.
              Wow what a nice collection!!!

Comment

• cyclonenation
                • Nov 2008

Troy Davis jersey. Somewhat of a holy grail for me. 2 x 2000+ yard rusher (only one to do this and not win the Heisman). All American. Heisman runner up. Iowa State's ALL TIME career leader in rushing and rushing touchdowns.
                Attached Files

Comment

• ousooner_85
                  • Aug 2012

Nice Davis Jersey! BTW.......the website is slowly coming along but it's getting there!

Comment

• OSUBucksCollector
                    • Nov 2012

Cyclonenation

When I logged on it said I had a message from you. I went to open in a new window and my pop up blocker didnt let it open. When I go to messages there is nothing in there. If you could send me an email.

Comment

• ousooner_85
                      • Aug 2012

Something similar to this happens to me everytime. Wonder if this can fixed? Admins?

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by tom1315
                        Here are three decades of Georgia Tech college helmets. A huge thank you to Jim aka "cohibasmoker" for selling me the 1974 GT suspension helmet. My 1st suspension lid.

The lids...left to right...a1997 gamer, one worn four years 87-90 and the new 74 - displays perfectly. Great talking pieces too. Curtis of Helmet Hut looked at the 74 and my late 80's gamer...felt they super acquisitions.

Enjoy!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate
                        The Georgia Tech helmets look nice - glad I could help with the suspension helmet.

Comment

• tom1315
                          • Mar 2008

I have had Corey Larkin's 2004 GU Tenn helmet for several years. Actually was my third gamer ever bought...really hard to find Tennessee game worn helmets. Recently I have been focusing on pairing the GU jersey of a player with a helmet and in certain cases I have the jersey and the helmet from the same season together. I located Larkin's 2005 game worn Cotton Bowl jersey to go with his helmet. Really pleased with the pairing...the helmet had the visor removed yet one can see where it was attached. The rear should have had a memorial decal on the orange stripe...not there but the residue of where it was is there. I seem to have a match picture-wise on Getty with the jersey and certain wear marks. Enjoy...they display nicely together with my "doll" as my bride calls my one mannequin.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alum
                          Attached Files

Comment

• aallanson
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by tom1315
                            I have had Corey Larkin's 2004 GU Tenn helmet for several years. Actually was my third gamer ever bought...really hard to find Tennessee game worn helmets. Recently I have been focusing on pairing the GU jersey of a player with a helmet and in certain cases I have the jersey and the helmet from the same season together. I located Larkin's 2005 game worn Cotton Bowl jersey to go with his helmet. Really pleased with the pairing...the helmet had the visor removed yet one can see where it was attached. The rear should have had a memorial decal on the orange stripe...not there but the residue of where it was is there. I seem to have a match picture-wise on Getty with the jersey and certain wear marks. Enjoy...they display nicely together with my "doll" as my bride calls my one mannequin.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alum
                            Wow! Nicely done. Great patience. And yes, real men do play with dolls. I have three of them myself, haha!

Comment

• JDubbs73
                              • Dec 2011

Nice pairing, Tom. Congrats!

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by cyclonenation
                                Troy Davis jersey. Somewhat of a holy grail for me. 2 x 2000+ yard rusher (only one to do this and not win the Heisman). All American. Heisman runner up. Iowa State's ALL TIME career leader in rushing and rushing touchdowns.

Cyclone:

What year was the Davis from?

Thanks.

Dave Miedema

Comment

Working...