Re: Show Us Your College Game Used Items

Thank you Al and Jason!

Tom

Comment

• cohibasmoker
        Banned
        • Aug 2005

Just picked up a very rare AHI Michigan helmet. AHI was a short lived company founded by a University of Michigan neurosurgeon. Dr. Schneider had the idea for air bladder system for football helmets to reduce football related injuries. The company eventually wound-up being Bike

Jim
        Attached Files

Comment

• John in KY
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by cohibasmoker
          Just picked up a very rare AHI Michigan helmet. AHI was a short lived company founded by a University of Michigan neurosurgeon. Dr. Schneider had the idea for air bladder system for football helmets to reduce football related injuries. The company eventually wound-up being Bike

Jim
          Jim - it's actually the other way around. Dr. Schneider and his group sold their design to Bike. When Bike's parent company was purchased by a larger medical device company the football helmet division was spun off as AHI - the medical device company didn't want the liability of having a football helmet division. AHI only lasted 12-18 months before they were purchased by Schutt.

That being said your Michigan helmet is very rare as it has that "AHI" logo on it - it is from the very first year AHI was independent company. The more familiar "AiR" logo came in right around the time the company was purchased by Schutt, so the "AHI" logo wasn't around very long at all.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
            Banned
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by cyclonenation
            1996!
            Thanks!

Dave M.

Comment

• Bevo
              • Apr 2006

My 1978 Washington Huskies Rose Bowl helmet. Obtained from player. Love the unique (and lazy) helmet paint on the face mask. Unique to the Huskies of that era.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	692695

DSC_0016.jpg

Comment

• abstractheory
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Bevo
                My 1978 Washington Huskies Rose Bowl helmet. Obtained from player. Love the unique (and lazy) helmet paint on the face mask. Unique to the Huskies of that era.

[ATTACH]77252[/ATTACH]

DSC_0016.jpg
                Love how they painted the clips too...very lazy, by still has that nice vintage character

Comment

• OSUBucksCollector
                  • Nov 2012

Picked up a pretty cool/unique Ohio State jersey. A 2010 Ohio State spring game jersey. Never thought I would find one because I didn't know they were auctioned off. Hopefully maybe I can find a scarlet one to go with this one. Go Bucks!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• genius
                    • Aug 2007

First Penn State item for this Pitt fan, was too cool to pass up! Called the "ghost" jersey, from 1974 or so.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• BrianK
                      • Jan 2011

Two jerseys from the inaugural NFLPA Collegiate Bowl in January 2012. Not sure why I bought them since they don't fit into any category of my collection. But they're nice jerseys in unwashed condition. Players are QB Nick Stephens from Tarleton State and WR Jason Barnes from South Carolina.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• aallanson
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by LandRunSports
                        Keith Jackson turned in his greatest offensive performance asa Sooner while wearing this jersey against Missouri on November 11, 1985. He caught 5 passes for 133 yards and TD.

The jersey was also worn against Texas on October 12,1985. Troy Aikman popped a quick pass over themiddle to Keith Jackson and he roared 43 yards setting up Oklahoma’s first TDof the game.

Worn against Oklahoma State in the “Ice Bowl” on November30, 1985.

The Sooners won the National Championship in 1985.
                        Keith Jackson is considered one of the greatestcollege and NFL tight ends of all-time. At Oklahoma he caught 62 passes for 1,407 yards, an average of 23.7yards per catch. Jackson wasn’t bad atrunning the ball either, just ask Nebraska. His nickname was “BOOMER SOONER”! Jackson earned All-Conference in 1985, 86 and 87. He was a consensus All-American in 1986 and87. Keith was inducted into the CollegeFootball Hall of Fame in 2001. Votedoffensive player of the century at OU.

I hate to be "that" guy, but is this Keith Jackson jersey currently available for sale? I would kick myself if I didn't ask. Either way, awesome jersey. Alan

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2005

For the longest time, I could not find a legitimate Michigan gamer. Within the past Month, I've gotten three (3) examples. The AHI is probably the rarest while the other two are complete with "Capital Varsity" stickers.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net
                          Attached Files

Comment

• OSUBucksCollector
                            • Nov 2012

Jim

Being an Ohio State fan it is making me cringe saying this, but great helmets haha. I love seeing college football items on here. I would love to find three Ohio State gamers in a month. Can I get some of your luck?

Comment

• cyclonenation
                              • Nov 2008

Wow, 3 in one month is insane. I am lucky to find one ISU helmet in 6 months! Nice finds.

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2005

I've attached a link to a youtube video that showcases the Michigan helmet. It's pretty cool but if you don't want to watch the entire video, fast forward to 2:20 and it goes into "Capital Varsity" and how only one guy paints the Michigan helmet.

Jim

Comment

Working...