Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Re: Show Us Your College Game Used Items

"UGA016", nice work! Looks like a match to me.

"dcgreg25", very cool #7 ND Tuitt jersey. Now all you need is his helmet and maybe the pants and that would make one amazing display. The facemask on his helmet...pretty cool is it not?

Tom

GO PACK! NC State 1981 graduate

Thx Tom. Man i have worked hard on this. i feel very fortunate to find a photomatch being its from the 80's when cameras weren't as advanced as they are today. I also just picked this up from UGA-1. Herschel Walkers 1981 Jersey that was worn during the 1981 All American Photo shoot. It does show a few marks on it. Not real sure if its Game Used, but could be. I am leaning at this moment closer to the Photoshoot. Tim Wrightman which played for UCLA and then the Chicago Bears where he was part of the 85 Super Bowl team recieved this from Herschel after the Photoshoot in which they sat beside each other. They traded jerseys after it was all over. I have a personal letter from Tim and a few photos of Walker wearing it and him eventually signing it. Its a beautiful and Unique jersey. GO DAWGS!! THX UGA-1
    Attached Images Attached Images         

that photo match of the holes in the mesh on the numerals is one of the more cooler ones I've seen! Kind of like matching up the stripes on an old Yankees flannel. Great work!!!

Genius thanks alot. I feel truly blessed to have found so many good pics to be able to truly photo match that jersey. I was shocked and almost had that Winning the Lottery feeling. Times like that are when I truly understand why we love what we do.

Here is the full picture of the Walker 1981 Photomatch Jersey vs USC.

Have these up finally. Don't know of a way to display them. Any ideas would help. Workon on the Priester jersey next. Actually tracked down his centennial helmet, but kind of pricey.

Oh and nice find with the UGA Walker Jersey. That is by far one of the coolest finds ever if you are a Georgia Fan, or even if your not. Have to admit, he was a great football player. I am personally not a UGA fan, but that is one jersey I would love to have. Great find.

Thx Clemson2004 It is a Beautiful jersey. My Holy Grail. Here is my display of my David Pollack Uniform. Jersey is from the 2004 season i believe. the helmet is from the 2003 Sugar Bowl vs FSU and has been Photomatched. Its just a half mannaquian piece. I found mine at a thrift store. Great clemson pieces. GO DAWGS!!

Thanks for the idea. I thought of using a mannequin, but can not seem to find one locally, will keep looking. Nice display by the way. I was born in Atlanta, and even my highschool football team was a carbon copy of the dawgs, mascot and all. Let me know if you decide to let go of anything. May not have attended UGA, but always interested in collecting.

"Clemson2004", I have one mannequin...all my bride will put up with. I display the jersey and helmet paired as you see. I would love to see more pictures of your two Clemson helmets. I would love to add one more Clemson gamer to my collection...only have one signed by Dwight Clark...who played for Clemson and then the 49ers. Any thoughts or ideas on how to pick up a newer Clemson gamer please let me know.

"UGA016" a really nice Walker jersey! Your collection is amazing.

"Clemson2004", look for a retail store that sells displays in your area...there are a couple in Raleigh and all types, sizes of mannequins that would fit your needs in the $40 to $60 range.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate