Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Re: Show Us Your College Game Used Items

Quote Originally Posted by RJB44 View Post
    Here is part of my collection of 1980s era game used knits.
    Wow what a nice collection!!!

Troy Davis jersey. Somewhat of a holy grail for me. 2 x 2000+ yard rusher (only one to do this and not win the Heisman). All American. Heisman runner up. Iowa State's ALL TIME career leader in rushing and rushing touchdowns.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Nice Davis Jersey! BTW.......the website is slowly coming along but it's getting there!

Cyclonenation

When I logged on it said I had a message from you. I went to open in a new window and my pop up blocker didnt let it open. When I go to messages there is nothing in there. If you could send me an email.

Something similar to this happens to me everytime. Wonder if this can fixed? Admins?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tom1315 View Post
    Here are three decades of Georgia Tech college helmets. A huge thank you to Jim aka "cohibasmoker" for selling me the 1974 GT suspension helmet. My 1st suspension lid.

The lids...left to right...a1997 gamer, one worn four years 87-90 and the new 74 - displays perfectly. Great talking pieces too. Curtis of Helmet Hut looked at the 74 and my late 80's gamer...felt they super acquisitions.

Enjoy!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate
    The Georgia Tech helmets look nice - glad I could help with the suspension helmet.

I have had Corey Larkin's 2004 GU Tenn helmet for several years. Actually was my third gamer ever bought...really hard to find Tennessee game worn helmets. Recently I have been focusing on pairing the GU jersey of a player with a helmet and in certain cases I have the jersey and the helmet from the same season together. I located Larkin's 2005 game worn Cotton Bowl jersey to go with his helmet. Really pleased with the pairing...the helmet had the visor removed yet one can see where it was attached. The rear should have had a memorial decal on the orange stripe...not there but the residue of where it was is there. I seem to have a match picture-wise on Getty with the jersey and certain wear marks. Enjoy...they display nicely together with my "doll" as my bride calls my one mannequin.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alum
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by tom1315 View Post
    I have had Corey Larkin's 2004 GU Tenn helmet for several years. Actually was my third gamer ever bought...really hard to find Tennessee game worn helmets. Recently I have been focusing on pairing the GU jersey of a player with a helmet and in certain cases I have the jersey and the helmet from the same season together. I located Larkin's 2005 game worn Cotton Bowl jersey to go with his helmet. Really pleased with the pairing...the helmet had the visor removed yet one can see where it was attached. The rear should have had a memorial decal on the orange stripe...not there but the residue of where it was is there. I seem to have a match picture-wise on Getty with the jersey and certain wear marks. Enjoy...they display nicely together with my "doll" as my bride calls my one mannequin.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alum
    Wow! Nicely done. Great patience. And yes, real men do play with dolls. I have three of them myself, haha!

Nice pairing, Tom. Congrats!

Banned

Question Re: Show Us Your College Game Used Items

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonenation View Post
    Troy Davis jersey. Somewhat of a holy grail for me. 2 x 2000+ yard rusher (only one to do this and not win the Heisman). All American. Heisman runner up. Iowa State's ALL TIME career leader in rushing and rushing touchdowns.

Cyclone:

What year was the Davis from?

Thanks.

Dave Miedema