Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Re: Show Us Your College Game Used Items

Shipp 96, very nice Maryland helmet! I picked up one too recently, worn by #70 Lamar Young in 2010 I believe.

I am curious, in my helmet it has recertification stickers from 2005 to 2011.

How many does your lid show?

I, too have been following your pick ups. Very nice indeed.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Quote Originally Posted by tom1315 View Post
    Shipp 96, very nice Maryland helmet! I picked up one too recently, worn by #70 Lamar Young in 2010 I believe.

I am curious, in my helmet it has recertification stickers from 2005 to 2011.

How many does your lid show?

I, too have been following your pick ups. Very nice indeed.

Tom

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the compliments! My MD helmet was manufactured in '08, so it has three re-certification stickers from 2009-2011. What I find curious is that it was also re-certificated for 2011. I can only assume the equipment staff had not yet been aware they were switching helmet styles.

I would love to see pictures of your helmet!

Shipp 96, happy to...send me your email and I will send you pictures of the MD helmet. My email tholder1315@gmail.com.

Tom

Shipp 96, happy to...send me your email and I will send you pictures of the MD helmet. My email tholder1315@gmail.com.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Email sent.

Just picked this up today. Fred Gibson 2004 Game Used Away Jersey and Pants. Still trying to photomatch the jersey. It may have been the Kentucky Game in 04. It has a couple of Blue marks on it. Notes a couple of Helmet Rubs on the Shoulder Numbers. Pants are the Corect size being he wore a size 28. Go Dawgs!!
    Attached Images Attached Images          

After losing out on an auction for another worn helmet, I just picked this up as a nice consolation prize. Game worn Florida Gators helmet, bought from the Gators SEC store.

Shipp_96...very nice Gator helmet! When you have a moment let us know who wore and what season(s)...also a huge "THANK YOU" to Shipp...

I saw his UCF Wounded Warrior helmet pictured above and after looking at his photos and the ones on Getty Images from the 11.19.2011 game with the Miami Huuricances decided I had to have one. The "U" won...6 to 3...on a last minute FG.

It arrived yesterday...# 52 worn by UCF LB Terran Buck and it is amazing! Pictures really do not tell you how special the camo is on this DNA Schutt shell...absolutely one of my 'top 10' in the collection. It's unbelievable and unique in my collection, which is primarily ACC and SEC lids.

Also picked up a 2007 Univ of Miami helmet off eBay. It's genuine...has the correct ACC label on the front and the center stripe has the correct gold sparkle specks in it. Has the correct orange "Warning" label on the back yet no
    US flag on player number...my sense a practice helmet...now I have four Miami gamers...

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate...ACC b'ball tournament is underway in Atlanta today...the TV's will be on all over the Triangle today & tomorrow

Just won this on eBay yesterday, and should arrive this weekend - another addition to my Memphis collection, and a first for me...

Wesley Witherspoon Team USA worn tryout jersey and issued polo

Tom

Hey Tom, glad you got one of the USF helmets and like it! As I said, pictures really don't do them justice.

The Gators helmet is from 2010, the back stickers match that season. I have yet to receive it (pictures are from the website), so when it comes I can let you know about the re-certification stickers.

Really wish there was an edit feature on here. So, long story short the photos I posted previously were of the Florida Gators helmet I thought I was getting, but the SEC Store had different ideas. After four emails I got a $60 partial refund to keep this helmet they ended up sending me instead.

Game worn Gators helmet from 2010 season. Has Sanders crossed out in sharpie inside the shell, but being that is the name of their practice field, I assume it refers to that and not a player.