Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Re: Show Us Your College Game Used Items

Here are my Mississippi State game-used items (just a few, but all I've been able to acquire).

Helmet with some wear. Game used? Practice? I don't know. Logo was used between 1995 and 2003.
    Name:  helmet.jpg
Views: 1202
Size:  91.2 KB

Goalpost from 2004 win vs #20 Florida. MSU scored the go-ahead TD with 32sec left. Pieces of the net the team cut down after clinching the SEC Title in 2004, and winning the SEC West in 2007. Also some infield dirt from a Super Regional win in 2007.
    Name:  goalpost, nets.JPG
Views: 1197
Size:  95.3 KB

Game-used football from a win at Kentucky in 2011.
    Name:  2011 football.jpg
Views: 1186
Size:  75.1 KB

Game-used football from an estate sale in San Francisco. 2 other balls were dated 1937 and 1938. This is probably from the same timeframe.
    Name:  1930s football.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  86.3 KB

Banned

Just picked up this 1969 Washington State "gamer" with original 100th Anniversary logo on the helmet. A very rare item because after the 1969 season, the NCAA teams went back to their usual helmet logos. Very few have survived that still retain the 100th Anniversary logo.

The mask was replaced with an original (not a repro) dungard mask by the Helmet Hut

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Not typically a game worn jersey guy, in fact the first one I have purchased in over a year. Air Force game worn jersey won from an Academy auction. Very happy to add this to my collection!

Been so busy selling and "re-prioritizing" my collection I hadn't gotten any new helmets in awhile. This came today and am very pleased with it. ECU Pirates Game worn helmet signed and personalized by their Defensive coordinator. Per the auction, the winner/s could ask how they wanted it signed, so I asked for "Game worn helmet, Go Pirates!!" and his auto. I thought it was pretty cool of the school to offer that.

Shipp_96, love that new addition! I really like the Pirates new side decals and the signature / inscription from defensive coordinator Brain Mitchell and CB's coach is really nice. Coach Mitchell followed ECU head Coach Ruffin McNeill from Texas Tech where they were together four years prior to Ruffin getting the ECU job.

Interestingly enough my buddies enjoy my collection and really seem to enjoy the signed lids many times more than the unsigned ones. I have a VA TECH gamer signed by all of the coaches and that is a favorite along with a 2008 UNC Tar Heels signed by former coach Butch Davis and 8 of his players.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Some better photos of the Air Force jersey I won.

Some recent acquisitions from the NAVY Academy. Game worn #44 2009 50th Anniversary throwback jersey worn by Austin Hill. I was at that typhoon of a game vs. Western KY so it has special meaning to me personally. Auction also came with 50th Anniversary metal engraved plate.

Second jersey is #2 Kriss Proctor (backup QB then) from their 2009 Texas Bowl win over Missouri. Awesome use! Auction also came with Texas Bowl Fossil team only issued watch and pin with case. The last item is a framed field turf from the Academy.

And not to steal the thunder from my NAVY items, but also won this today and VERY excited about it! 2012 OREGON Spring game worn helmet, Carbon Fiber version (the same style they wore in the BCS Championship game). Looks to be a clear shell! Can't wait to get this one, comes from the University with a COA. The photo is for reference, I have no idea which player wore it yet.

Shipp_96,
    Very Cool Oregon helmet but are you sure it is a clear shell? I though maybe it is just a thick layer of clear coat over the top of the 'carbon fiber' finish. LMK, when you get it if it has the paint applied from the inside or if it is impregnated (colored) plastic.

Just picked up a Duke 2011 season home jersey worn by center Brian Moore. He started at right guard for 24 straight games 2009 - 2010 before moving to center in the Spring of 2011 - his JR season. Has started all five games at center during 2012 for the Blue Devils in his SR season.

This is his JR season jersey. Shows nice use with paint transfers and one repair. Really sharp gamer that displays well. Enjoy!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate