X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bama0037
    • May 2010

Re: Show Us Your College Game Used Items

Originally posted by Jessica4Bama
    Any ideas of where I could find Alabama Crimson Tide game used football items? I'm looking for a jersey or football. I've searched on eBay, but no luck. The only game used item I have of Alabama is a chin strap. Really want a football.
    I have about 50 jerseys and 30 game worn helmets. Email me at bamarules4life@yahoo.com
    I will sell you something if you want. John

Comment

• Preston
      • Mar 2010

Just picked up this HAMMERED 1980 game worn Vols jersey of Willie Gault - worn vs. Vanderbilt in 1980 - would love to get a video of this game or a color photo of this photomatch.
      Attached Files

Comment

• gingi79
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Jessica4Bama
        Any ideas of where I could find Alabama Crimson Tide game used football items? I'm looking for a jersey or football. I've searched on eBay, but no luck. The only game used item I have of Alabama is a chin strap. Really want a football.
        Steiner had a contract with them (at least at one point) I'd suggest contacting them. I know they ahd jerseys, perhaps they have some footballs as well.
        Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• sox83cubs84
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Preston
          Just picked up this HAMMERED 1980 game worn Vols jersey of Willie Gault - worn vs. Vanderbilt in 1980 - would love to get a video of this game or a color photo of this photomatch.
          Great pre-Beras Gault gamer, Preston! Did the jersey have the NOB removed, or did the Vols not wear NOBs that year?

Dave Miedema

Comment

• Dewey2007
            • Dec 2007

These are recent donations to my Alameda Sports Collection. The Moyer jersey is game issued and the equipment manager kindly through in his locker nameplate which I love because it has our hometown listed on it.

Jeff Murphy, Middle Tennessee State University
            Antoine Young, Western New Mexico Unversity
            Wes Moyer, Yale University
            Attached Files
            sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• dplettn
              • Dec 2010

I had a splendid experience at Ben Roethlisberger's Miami University Hall of Fame Induction Dinner this evening. Ben was inducted alongside his posthumous coach, Terry Hoeppner. Ben's emotions and words were a great tribute to Coach Hoeppner.

I had brought a ball for which I frankly am still working toward a decent historical knowledge. I went up to Ben shortly before dinner and told him I had something I thought he might like to see. He smiled immediately as he saw the Redhawks logo on the ball's finish and then he began examining the ball pretty closely. I am still uncertain whether the was actually used in practice and/or games... and whether it was definitively ever touched by Ben in 2003, but I loved the ball 10 times more the moment Ben remarked about the ball to the effect "this ball has a lot of history." Another former player at the event informed that the ball was a new model/style in '03.

I enjoyed a normal human conversation with "Big Ben" and he seemed to find my challenge of being a proud Miami alum simultaneous with being a Bengals fan pretty humorous. After talking, when I informed him that I'd be honored if he choose to sign the ball a big guy I believe to have been his bodyguard was suddenly present. But Ben very graciously reached for my pen and took his time to choose a place to autograph the ball. When Ben handed it back to me, he asked that I not tell others in the room he'd signed (so that the "flood gates" wouldn't be opened). After thanking him, I felt like a little kid and discretely walked the ball around the perimeter of the room (rather than taking a direct route back to my table).

Later, listening to the speeches from Ben (which truely honored Terry Hoeppner) and Terry's wife really fully made me appreciate my good fortune for observing a special night in the history at Miami University. It also helped me to appreciate Ben on a level different from what I've seen during his player career. Ben showcased humor as a nice compliment to heartfelt emotions, even joking about a fictitious "Brian" who had been accidentally introduced (instead of Ben).

Ben, if you ever happen to read this: thank you for helping me to cherish your contribution to Miami University Athletics. If anybody ever happens to have a game used jersey, helmet, etc of Ben's available for me to purchase, please contact me: plettner at fuse.net. If anybody is so kind to sell me something, I'd be more than happy to keep the possession confidential.
              Attached Files

Comment

• tom1315
                • Mar 2008

"dplettn," what a great story and class move by Ben. Indeed a special evening and now even more special so with a signed game used ball from the bowl!

Thank you for sharing.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Comment

• Preston
                  • Mar 2010

FINALLY got my real holy grail...now I can stop collecting. See you guys!

(Just kidding about the stopping...this is like a drug for real)

Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway game worn Memphis State Tigers "Tiger Blue" jersey
                  Attached Files

Comment

• dplettn
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by tom1315
                    "dplettn," what a great story and class move by Ben. Indeed a special evening and now even more special so with a signed game used ball from the bowl!

Thank you for sharing.

Tom

You are right about Ben's class move... and frankly that is what is important. To be clear though, I am still learning about the ball. I do not have absolute knowledge whether it was used in any game (much less the GMAC bowl). The painting on its panel honors the season in its entirely. I don't have any specific provenance on the ball. It is my understanding that its the same model that was used in '03, but markings on the white that may have been applied by refs (for games) and/or coaches (for practice) appear to have been mudded over -- and I don't even know when.

One of Ben's former teammates further informed me last evening that the ball had been a new style/model in '03. Regardless of the ball's specific use (which I can only speculate about), I have a strong appreciation for it. Especially now.

Comment

• Clemson2004
                      • Jan 2013

I just came across this jersey and my father, who attended Clemson in the 70's and has had season tickets since 75, saw it and immediately recognized it. It is a Raymond Priester Centennial jersey. For those not familiar with Clemson he set and still holds Clemson's Rushing yards record for Career, Season, and Game. The year this jersey is from (1996) is the season he set the season record, not to mention it is from the Centennial year. I saw it for sale and jumped on it as the guy selling it obviously did not know what he had and seemed like no one else knew either. I can not find any game pictures from him, and I would love to photo match it. If anyone has any info please message me. Thanks!

His statistics:

Career Season Game
                      RUSHING
                      Raymond Priester
                      3.966 (1994-97)

Raymond Priester
                      1,345 (1996)

Raymond Priester
                      263 (Duke 1995)

Pics:

Comment

• tom1315
                        • Mar 2008

"Clemson2004" - what an incredible jersey and from a career player to boot for Clemson! Just an incredible pick-up. I am a huge NC State Wolfpack fan...I would recommend go through your booster club IPTAY and or search for game programs from the 1996/1997 season and you will find pictures.

If he played in 1997 the preliminary book published for that season will have pictures typically from the prior one...check Getty Images and AP photos too.

Good luck in matching!

Tom

Comment

• Clemson2004
                          • Jan 2013

Thanks. Yeah he played from 1994-1997. I will look for that. I already checked Getty Images, and they only have 3 images, one of them in the throwback jersey, and the other two are the white jerseys. Yeah our whole family is a part of IPTAY so I will give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the info, I do not know why I did not think of that. I did track him down on Facebook, but if you are not friends with someone you have to pay $1 for it to end up in their inbox..

Comment

• rchimes13@yahoo.com
                            • Jan 2011

As an avid Irish and Cincinnati Bengals fan this was a great find for my collection...2011 Notre Dame "Under the Lights" vs. Michigan GU jersey of current Bengals OG / C Trevor Robinson. Is absolutely hammered with use!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Clemson2004
                              • Jan 2013

Joe Woods game worn Clemson Centennial jersey and pants. Was a wide receiver. Found his helmet, coming in soon (I hope). Also have #95 Game helmet. Pics coming when I have both in hand.

Comment

• UGA-1
                                • Jan 2009

Reshad Jones Bowl jersey. Worn enitre 2009 season.
                                Attached Files
                                Always looking for Georgia Bulldogs game used.
                                email: jgiles2448@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...