Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cool Authentcity Question For CollegeJersey.com

After many years of collecting game worn jerseys/memorabilia, I have never before come across a potential transaction like this.

I emailed CollegeJerseys.com about a Brett Elliott 2002 "Game Worn" Utah Utes Jersey. I wanted to know about the type of use as I am looking to purchase my first game worn Football jersey. All of my many gamers are NHL/NBA and bought from Meigray or NHL-MGG Program. I was responded to by Brenda, who said: "The Brett Elliott shows NO Game Wear whatsover, and is in "Absolute Pristine Condition." I emailed her back that maybe she should look twice at the gamer, as it may possibly be game issued since it is in such immaculate condition, and that they should change the description to Game/Team Issued. Her response was: "that is not necessarily accurate, because some schools actually launder the jerseys before we receive them." My response, was that is understandable because of the laundering process, however if your company has in fact deemed it "Game Worn" than something must have lead you to believe that! The Equipment Manager's "Word" cannot be enough. Most Equipment Managers couldn't care less if you sell an item as game worn or game issued. CollegeJerseys.com should have someone in house who looks over the jerseys BEFORE they are marketed one way or the other.

I also noted that at Meigray, you may actually pay a premium, but they are 100% that an item is Game Worn OR Game Issued. I implored her to send my email to her boss and get back to me. She also told me they could "whip up" an LOA to state that it is game used, since it does not come with a Team LOA. I explained to her that the LOA would be worthless, if the company itself is not sure if the product they are writing the LOA for, is game used or game issued.

My only other purchase outside of Meigray, has been through Radtke Sports for a pair of Mike Vick Practice Used Cleats. I will be getting them Thursday, and am very confident they are the real deal. Rick Radtke seems like he goes through great lengths to guarantee authenticity with his process....all except having Mike Vick call you on the phone.

Banned

Re: Authentcity Problem with CollegeJersey.com

Quote Originally Posted by gamehawk
    After many years of collecting game worn jerseys/memorabilia, I have never before come across a potential transaction like this.

I emailed CollegeJerseys.com about a Brett Elliott 2002 "Game Worn" Utah Utes Jersey. I wanted to know about the type of use as I am looking to purchase my first game worn Football jersey. All of my many gamers are NHL/NBA and bought from Meigray or NHL-MGG Program. I was responded to by Brenda, who said: "The Brett Elliott shows NO Game Wear whatsover, and is in "Absolute Pristine Condition." I emailed her back that maybe she should look twice at the gamer, as it may possibly be game issued since it is in such immaculate condition, and that they should change the description to Game/Team Issued. Her response was: "that is not necessarily accurate, because some schools actually launder the jerseys before we receive them." My response, was that is understandable because of the laundering process, however if your company has in fact deemed it "Game Worn" than something must have lead you to believe that! The Equipment Manager's "Word" cannot be enough. Most Equipment Managers couldn't care less if you sell an item as game worn or game issued. CollegeJerseys.com should have someone in house who looks over the jerseys BEFORE they are marketed one way or the other.

I also noted that at Meigray, you may actually pay a premium, but they are 100% that an item is Game Worn OR Game Issued. I implored her to send my email to her boss and get back to me. She also told me they could "whip up" an LOA to state that it is game used, since it does not come with a Team LOA. I explained to her that the LOA would be worthless, if the company itself is not sure if the product they are writing the LOA for, is game used or game issued.
    Let me see if I understand your issues with collegejersey.com -

You want them not to accept the word of the team's equipment manager that an item is game used?

I am sorry, if that is what they have to go on then that is their background, which sounds pretty good to me.

As some guy out East on this forum always says, "Do your homework". I say if you don't like what you turn up, then don't buy the item, but don't come on here giving them a bad rap because you want a better history of a item because you don't like the excuse that the equipment manager told them their jersey is game used - That is just not fair in what is already a tough industry.

Joel,
    You are telling me, that as a dealer of game worn items, you go 100% off of the equipment managers word and do no homework yourself for the sake of your customers and the item! Look at all the b.s. coming from Historic Auctions etc... They have no idea what they are doing, there are so many questions with there items! A tough industry is quite hard on the customer as well, and I am only telling them to double check the item before they sell it.

How about this Joel: The equipment manager says he is sending in 75 or so game worn jerseys from the Utes etc... Should Collegegamejerseys simply not look at them and sell them as game used just because the equipment manager says so? Through the NHL-MGG Program, jerseys must come in from the equipment managers, but even with inventory serial numbers etc.., Meigray still goes through an authentication process just to be sure BEFORE they send out paperwork saying it is Game Worn.

And my "bad rapping" on collegegamejersey is only because the owner Scot Kent will not respond. He is detailed on this exact forum under dealers as "Knowing his entire Inventory." I think he should be able to look at a jersey when a customer brings it to his attention that it may be game issued and not game used, that he would want to inspect it before sending it out the doors to a customer with his companies LOA.

I do my homework Joel, but is it so much to ask a dealer to double check a "Game Worn Jersey" after I get an email from the dealer saying it is in "Pristine Condition with No Game Wear whatsoever...." Think again Joel.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gamehawk
    Joel,
    You are telling me, that as a dealer of game worn items, you go 100% off of the equipment managers word and do no homework yourself for the sake of your customers and the item! Look at all the b.s. coming from Historic Auctions etc... They have no idea what they are doing, there are so many questions with there items! A tough industry is quite hard on the customer as well, and I am only telling them to double check the item before they sell it.

How about this Joel: The equipment manager says he is sending in 75 or so game worn jerseys from the Utes etc... Should Collegegamejerseys simply not look at them and sell them as game used just because the equipment manager says so? Through the NHL-MGG Program, jerseys must come in from the equipment managers, but even with inventory serial numbers etc.., Meigray still goes through an authentication process just to be sure BEFORE they send out paperwork saying it is Game Worn.

And my "bad rapping" on collegegamejersey is only because the owner Scot Kent will not respond. He is detailed on this exact forum under dealers as "Knowing his entire Inventory." I think he should be able to look at a jersey when a customer brings it to his attention that it may be game issued and not game used, that he would want to inspect it before sending it out the doors to a customer with his companies LOA.

I do my homework Joel, but is it so much to ask a dealer to double check a "Game Worn Jersey" after I get an email from the dealer saying it is in "Pristine Condition with No Game Wear whatsoever...." Think again Joel.
    My points are based on what you told us in your first post.

Basically you told us the jersey doesn't show wear, but were told the jersey could have been washed. That is a common practice to wash a jersey after a game. You then were told the equipment manager told them it was game used.

What else can they go by? If there was an issue with the tagging or size I could see your point, but they can only go by what they are told from the school where they purchased the item.

I am sorry the owner of the company has not responded to you personally, but I feel the argument you have provided doesn't entitle your thread to be titled: "Authentcity Problem with CollegeJersey.com" because I do not see any problem with the authenticity of the item you are discussing.

Hopefully the owner of the company contacts you and you work out your issues and all finishes well.

Joel,

How is this thread not about authenticity??? They are selling an item that they say is game worn, but in fact describe it to me when I inquire about it, as "Pristine Condition with no signs of game wear" ??? Then they "Guess" it could have been washed? What are you smoking Joel?

Again, I cannot say this enough. Whether the equipment manager told them it was game used or not, they as a dealer need to be 100% it is game used BEFORE they sell it as game used. If there is question, they should pull it off the site as game worn until they can be sure it is just that. What ever happened to the Dealer doing some research on an item before they sell it?? Brenda and the people at the company have no idea and are sending me emails with "What If" and "Maybe." I have never received a maybe or what if email on a game worn item from Meigray!

I have seen many game items, such as from Milt @ Byrons, that come to him as Game Worn, but he inspects them and writes his very own letter that the specific item is Game Issued in his opinion. The issue here they told me it shows no wear but they still deem it game used??? How does that work. They are also telling me it COULD have been washed? What kind of company cannot tell these little things apart! They need to contact whoever there source maybe and find out what is going on with it! It is up to the company, if they are reputable, to work out any problems to an item before they sell it. OR AT THE VERY LEAST, put it up with an asterik that an item maybe game worn but is most likely game issued. They are a supposed reputable company, and a Featured Dealer here....

Banned

I understand your frustration and I looked at the jersey you are talking about on their web site and it looks awfully new (which is just a sign of possible washing or even wearing on the bench for a game but not playing or minimal play) , but they are stating it was used based on information provided from the school, so I do not know what you expect them to do.

I smoke cigars if you care, about 3-7 based on the day and I can tell you that you calling out a company on this forum because a $199.00 jersey that you are interested in doesn't show enough wear for your taste just doesn't do it for me.

Not a big deal to me, I was just confused why after talking to "Brenda" you were now confused yourself. If you felt her answers not to be of help, then you should have asked to speak to someone else within their company.

You keep kissing Meigray's rear in this debate, because they tell you for sure an item is game used. I do not believe from your posts that you were told the jersey you are interested in is maybe not game used. Sorry if I misunderstood this, but I assume you are assuming otherwise because you didn't like Brenda's answers.

Let's put an end to the debate until you talk more to them over there, because I know you are not calling them out thinking they are intentionally selling this $199.00 jersey as game used to intentionally deceive you or the public.

Sorry if Meigray is what actually defines the standard of the industry as oppose to the people who claim that title were blasted on the Peoples Court. Another dealer who is to good to be true....

Feel free to turn on the NHL Stanley Cup Joel, and know that if you pre-ordered an Oilers Game Worn Jersey, that you can WATCH IT LIVE. Or A Dallas Mav's/Miami Heat game where you can watch the Mav's play in a jersey that in a few weeks, could be in your collection...Yeah Joel, that is just Meigray "Telling" me a jersey is real....

In the aspect of Brenda, I have basically quoted her word for word. I asked to speak to a higher up, but still no reply. And her exact words were "Pristine Condition, with NO signs of game wear" and We can "Whip Up" an LOA??? Do I need to have a lawyer give me a deposition for you to believe that was said? I thought this forum was used for when you have problems with a company, especially a Featured Dealer.. They seem a little shady if you ask me....Or is it more shady that you have dinner with the head of auction companies who seem to be the top of alot of people's Sh#t list for peddling "QUESTIONABLE" memorabilia. Is that how you do business Mr. Brown....I mean Mr. Joel.....

I guess I will kiss Meigray's rear, if it means that when I just recently shelled out $2K for a Martin St. Louis Jersey, I have a cute little photo-match right next to the display case it hangs in, so I do not have to explain to people who see it that " It came from a company who knows the equipment Manager's brother in law that swears it to be 100% authentic.....

Our debate has opened my eyes to run back to the safe wing of Meigray, because of crap like this. I inquire about a simple $199 "Game Used" jersey so I can have my first NCAA gamer, and it turns out to be Custard's Last Stand. Also, by the sound of your posts, you seem to keep knocking that it is $199. In your book, does that make it o.k. for a company to not be 100% that an item they sale as game worn may not be that. Please let me know if you want a copy of lovely Brenda's "Contradicting Emails" [comment removed]

Have a nice night..

Banned

I stopped reading after your second paragraph.

Get over it, this company is not trying to intentionally rip you off from the story you have told. When you wish to grow up and have a debate I'm game but I hate it when people can't debate without getting silly because they have someone disagree with them.

So, you are not buying the $199.00 jersey, huh? Don't shop with collegejersey.com and shop only with Meigray, good for you!

Let me just hit on a few more things please:

Grey Flannel - People's Court Ripken Jersey FAKE
    Elite Sports - Hines Ward Cleats $490 FAKE
    California Sports - Ron's Shill Bidding Caught on Ebay FRAUD
    Historic Auctions - Pulling MANY Gamers out of there current auction because of questionable authenticity. (See Current topics on how people feel)

Maybe you are right about CollegeJersey.com not trying to put one over on me or the public for $199. But maybe, just maybe, you are wrong. As I listed above, those are just merely 4 examples of "Great Dealers" who have stirred up this fourm and this hobby in more recent times with there crap. So who is to say Collegejersey.com is not selling "Game Issued" as "Game Worn" By all the facts I described from Brenda's email, it seems they are doing some nice Guess Work on the jerseys they sell and cannot pin down wheter it was simply WORN or ISSUED. Joel, it is a 50/50 shot here buddy...

Those are facts.....and no one is being silly. What is silly is watching you try to dig Historic Auctions out of there current problems.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to respond to this thread because the authenticity of our products and our character is being called into question. As I read the further posts/responses, frankly, I believe they are getting off point and therefore I won't dignify them with a response. I will reserve my comments for the initial post.

POINT ONE - "if your company has in fact deemed it "Game Worn" than something must have lead you to believe that!

RESPONSE - www.collegejersey.com has clearly defined terms on our glossary page here –

http://www.collegejersey.com/store/glossary.asp

This page has been live and unchanged for over three years. If you read OUR definition of Game Worn Jersey it reads, "is a jersey worn during an official game by a player on the roster in attendance at the game". If a jersey on our site is marked as "game worn" it is because it was worn by a player in attendance at an NCAA game while in uniform. We confirm this fact through our process of acquiring the jerseys or other items. We work with over 100 schools and go through this same process with each.

Please note, our definition does not say anything about the player seeing action in the game. Therefore, according to our definition, a jersey is game worn even if it stays on the sideline. Further, it is possible for a jersey to be in "pristine condition" and Game Worn according to our definition. Reasonable people may disagree with this point, which I think is legitimate discussion, and I am happy to have it in this forum, however to go on to claim that we are attempting to deceive because you don't understand or agree with this definition is simply not a fair-minded comment.

POINT TWO - The Equipment Manager's "Word" cannot be enough. Most Equipment Managers couldn't care less if you sell an item as game worn or game issued.

RESPONSE - The equipment managers "word" is one facet of our authentication of our jerseys. We believe it is an important part, but not the only one. We go through an inventory process to look at the jerseys, pants, etc. and discuss the items with other members of the given school when the items are acquired. This would include players, coaches, and other administration. As far as your blanket statement about what "most equipment managers" care about, frankly, is a little bit silly.

Equipment managers, like any other group of people, differ from person to person and vary in their approach to their job. In my personal experience, the majority of the equipment managers I know are hard working, professional and have a strong attention to detail. Based on that, and based on the fact that they actually "manage" the equipment, I think they are in a very strong position to provide input to our authentication process. We certainly do take into consideration the individual Equipment. Managers input with each group of jerseys and weigh their comments accordingly.

PONT THREE - CollegeJerseys.com should have someone in house who looks over the jerseys BEFORE they are marketed one way or the other.

RESPONSE - We have s system in place to authenticate EVERY jersey which comes through our doors. We appreciate your input that we should have "someone" in house who looks over the jerseys; we actually have three people who contribute. These people have over 15 years of combined experience working with GAME USED college equipment. We have a well defined process and we stand by it. Each item is specifically marked as Game Worn or Team Issued. As per my point above, both of these terms are defined on our glossary page.

In closing I would like to say that we always like to give the benefit of the doubt to other parties relative to any disagreements or questions which arise. In this case, I don’t belive the poster has extended the same courtesy us. Because of this belief, I will not post any follow up comments.

If anyone would like to discuss this further via email or phone please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to go into further detail about our processes.

Thanks,
    Scott

Scott O. Kent
    President

www.collegejersey.com
    Game Used Jerseys and More...
    Get the real deal.
    11965 SW 142nd Terrace
    Suite 109
    Miami, FL 33186

877.251.GAME | Toll-Free
    305.774.6601 | Local