Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Santa Brought Me My Grail Item-jason Giambi Bat

I am so excited i just recieved my first and only jason giambi and yankees game used item.A game used jason giambi yankees bat.I just thought i would share with all of you.And say there really is a santa.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: Santa Brought Me My Grail Item-jason Giambi Bat

Very nice! I hope Santa is as good to me as he was to you.

Congrats on the grail! hope you left cookies and milk for him

Thanks!!!.I know it sounds stubid (as you guys all have great collections of game used items) but i just sit and stare at the bat.It is just amazing to have something that a player who you are a huge fan of used.I tell you that santa is something wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by murfsteve25 View Post
    Very nice! I hope Santa is as good to me as he was to you.

Thanks!!!-I tell you what,i left santa his own bakery full of cookies and his own personal cow for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    Congrats on the grail! hope you left cookies and milk for him

Banned

Joba does it have a #25 written on the knob?

Most if not all Yankee LS Giambi bats he writes his number on the knob.

As I said most not all, so of course it is possible he may not have written it, but I was just curious to know if there was possibly one there, maybe faded as I couldn't really tell by the flash of your picture.

Congratulations, I am happy for you. Always remember the feeling you are having right now, it is great. The bat itself looks beautiful.

I think some collectors may never have the feeling you are having right now. Some can never be content with an item, they get side tracked with this and that.

Be proud of this, show it off, and display it.

Russell

Jesus,he hasn't gotten to enjoy the bat for 24 hours before someone brings up something to crap on his parade.There's not always a smoking gun,why do we act like there is?This is why many of the "Old Guard" of this site have and are continuing to leave.
    Suave,he got that bat from me.Now,while I'm no Howard Wolf or Dave Midiema on this site,I like to think I know something about Giambi and his gear.I would never own,or pass along into the hobby something I was not comfortable with.While that bat has no number,it shows PERFECT Giambi traits-Mota on the handle,ball marks and seam indents on the correct hitting surface,and cleat marks on the top back barrel.While Giambi does typically number his bats,there are sufficient photos of Giambi on Getty using bats with no number on the knob,all one has to do is look for them.In fact,I have seen 4 distinct types of Giambi Yankee bat knobs (with and without Steiner paperwork) for sale and at auction:25 on knob in his handwriting,25 plus bat weight in his handwriting,no number on knob,and 25 in different hand (maybe clubhouse personnel).I guess the point is,I have spoken with Joba and he's a great guy who is genuinely happy with an great item of his favorite player.
    Why can't it ever just be that simple?
    Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2000mvpfan View Post
    Jesus,he hasn't gotten to enjoy the bat for 24 hours before someone brings up something to crap on his parade.There's not always a smoking gun,why do we act like there is?This is why many of the "Old Guard" of this site have and are continuing to leave.
    Suave,he got that bat from me.Now,while I'm no Howard Wolf or Dave Midiema on this site,I like to think I know something about Giambi and his gear.I would never own,or pass along into the hobby something I was not comfortable with.While that bat has no number,it shows PERFECT Giambi traits-Mota on the handle,ball marks and seam indents on the correct hitting surface,and cleat marks on the top back barrel.While Giambi does typically number his bats,there are sufficient photos of Giambi on Getty using bats with no number on the knob,all one has to do is look for them.In fact,I have seen 4 distinct types of Giambi Yankee bat knobs (with and without Steiner paperwork) for sale and at auction:25 on knob in his handwriting,25 plus bat weight in his handwriting,no number on knob,and 25 in different hand (maybe clubhouse personnel).I guess the point is,I have spoken with Joba and he's a great guy who is genuinely happy with an great item of his favorite player.
    Why can't it ever just be that simple?
    Joe

2000mvpfan first of all im not raining on anyones parade I was merely asking if it had the number as I really couldnt tell by the angle of the picture in the knob. It didn't have as much emphasis on the part of it being authentic.

But I do like your last comment because you know better and been around long enough to know in this hobby nothing I don't care where it came from if it was you or some other expert in this hobby should ever be just taken for face value.
    Nothing against you or anyone else but there is always more we can learn.
    So I am bit shocked at that comment

"Why can't it ever just be that simple?"

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Joba does it have a #25 written on the knob?

Most if not all Yankee LS Giambi bats he writes his number on the knob.

As I said most not all, so of course it is possible he may not have written it, but I was just curious to know if there was possibly one there, maybe faded as I couldn't really tell by the flash of your picture.
    Suave1477, this is obviously just my humble opinion but why not just ask if it has a '25' on the knob? Why throw in the comment most if not at all have it...which is implying if it doesn't have it it almost certainly isn't authentic. That would be a "rain on the parade" comment in my opinion. Maybe you did not mean it that way but I think thats how we all read it.

While Giambi does usually write his number on the knob. I have personally seen him use several bats that have no knob. His bat has all the Giambi traits that would merit a grade of authentic. It's a great bat and he obviously likes it so ask your question if you must about the 25 leave it at that unless you are are well-versed in Giambi gamers but with you saying most IF NOT ALL THE TIME...means this would be the only exception you have seen making it the one exception....tells me you havent seen enough Giambi bats or photos of his at bats.