Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Rickey Henderson Jerseys

I have been asked to post some pics of my Rickey jerseys. Please do not inquire as these jerseys are already spoken for.

thanks,
    Juan Iglesias
    GrndSlm@aol.com
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: Rickey Henderson Jerseys

Juan,

It could be the camera angle, but the embroidery in the collar on the Yankees Wilson jersey doesn't look correct to me?

Anyone else have examples of Wilson embroidery from 85 to comapre this to?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Anyone else have examples of Wilson embroidery from 85 to comapre this to?

Dave
    '85 yankees shirts:

rudy.

Thanks Rudy..It doesn't appear to match....Juan, have you ever looked closely at the thread in the collar of the Henderson to see if he collar was opened up?

Dave

Does not look right to me, the font is not right imo.

Banned

Is the NIC actually two (2) pieces?

Banned

Juan:

As far as that Henderson goes, that is the only one of that style I have ever seen that had Sand-Knit tags in it. Sportscentury asked me to look at it in the 1990s. I rejected it then and would do the same today. Every 1982 home A's I have been comfortable with was made by Wilson, not Sand-Knit.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

If it's of any help, I have a few Henderson Yankee jerseys. (from 87) The home and away jerseys feature more of a straight across stitching of the name, year and set in the collar. The font is somewhat similar to mine with few differences. (The "H" being most previlant) On my Wilson tags there are additionally a size flag tag and a tapered flag tag. Each jersey includes a straight across hem at the bottom of the jersey shortening it. Lastly the 82 I had of Dick Dobbins origin of the same style was if I'm not mistaken a Wilson size 42 which had crudely been sheared across the bottom. (A common, but not absolute trait on Henderson button down jerseys as seen with the Yanks jerseys which were hemmed.) Anyway, far be it fom me to determine the authenticity of his pictured jerseys. I would follow the Yellow Brick Road and ask the Wizard (Dave Miedema) about your jerseys there. His opinion is gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny899 View Post
    If it's of any help, I have a few Henderson Yankee jerseys. (from 87) The home and away jerseys feature more of a straight across stitching of the name, year and set in the collar. The font is somewhat similar to mine with few differences. (The "H" being most previlant) On my Wilson tags there are additionally a size flag tag and a tapered flag tag. Each jersey includes a straight across hem at the bottom of the jersey shortening it. Lastly the 82 I had of Dick Dobbins origin of the same style was if I'm not mistaken a Wilson size 42 which had crudely been sheared across the bottom. (A common, but not absolute trait on Henderson button down jerseys as seen with the Yanks jerseys which were hemmed.) Anyway, far be it fom me to determine the authenticity of his pictured jerseys. I would follow the Yellow Brick Road and ask the Wizard (Dave Miedema) about your jerseys there. His opinion is gold.
    Hey Danny,

Would it be too much trouble for you to maybe POST a picture or two of your name tags for everone who is interested here?

Just a thought there, champ.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Hey Danny,

Would it be too much trouble for you to maybe POST a picture or two of your name tags for everone who is interested here?

Just a thought there, champ.
    I'll give it a try. What do you do with them when they under "My Documents" How go you get them to here? Sorry, not a pc guy.