Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

My first Pete Rose jersey. 1977 road.

I had to move a few things to afford this, that I hated to lose, but really wanted this 1977 Pete Rose road set 1 jersey-size 44. Got it from Dave Grob-Reds expert-and I'm planning to have it signed in the collar by Pete in Vegas in the next couple weeks. No alterations-all original. Hard to find Reds jerseys from the 70's that didn't get sent to the minors. Check it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: My first Pete Rose jersey. 1977 road.

Congrats on the pickup! I can't think of a more reputable guy to buy a classic Reds jersey from than Dave Grob....Be sure to post pictures of Pete signing it once its done.

oooooooo la la

Nice grab.

And I know you dont care, but wouldnt a present day auto on a more vintage item, let alone a Rose auto thats a dime a dozen, decrease the value of the jersey?

Its your jersey and you can do what you want with it, but Im just curious if you or anyone else thinks that way. I myself do. I'd rather just leave the vintageness left alone....not just this item, but all game used bats and jerseys.

Just my feeling, not to take away from your jersey or thoughts at all...

Banned

No, I see what you're saying. I thought the same thing, but I was going to see if Pete would sign it 1977 gamer. If not, I might just pass on it getting it signed. What do you guys think? Autograph it or leave it be?

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Nice grab.

And I know you dont care, but wouldnt a present day auto on a more vintage item, let alone a Rose auto thats a dime a dozen, decrease the value of the jersey?

Its your jersey and you can do what you want with it, but Im just curious if you or anyone else thinks that way. I myself do. I'd rather just leave the vintageness left alone....not just this item, but all game used bats and jerseys.

Just my feeling, not to take away from your jersey or thoughts at all...

I agree with Nate, do not get it signed.

Like Nate said it is yours to do with as you please.

But, what is the sharpie bleeds over time and or fades.

Also if you ever want to sell it in the future someone might not want it signed. So you could potentially lose some interested parties....

Very nice gamer as it stands now.

Nice pick up!!!!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

It's ultimately up to you as to your preference. I never liked the inscription of "Game Used or Gamer" The only inscription I get is the year of use below the autograph. Or if was used during a significant game or season, I like the inscription to show that occasion. (for ex. 1993 WS Champs or MVP 1990) Many others like no signature at all. One thing is for certain, you shouldn't have any problem having Rose sign it. Either way, it's a beauty and congrats on it!

If you want to get it signed, how about with a silver/gold paint pen on the number. It would be easier to remove, if desired, and should not fade and blur like the sharpies do over time.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

BTW, awesome jersey!!!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Banned

I think you guys have convinced me to leave it be. Thanks fellas. Here's a photo I found from 77 that matches up well. See where the numbers line up with the letters and the spacing between the letters and the #14. Not saying it's a match, but it's possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images