Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Any Item In Your Collection HOF Worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    I think the idea of this thread is to SHOW what item of yours is believed to be HOF worthy. When it was mentioned early on that this is a great thread,it was in anticipation of some interesting photos to come. Not to debate whether there is a loan policy in effect at the HOF.
    Swo,

Agreed, and I plan on posting a few (finally) sometime this weekend.

But is there a problem with adding a comment directly associated to the thread? Is it so necessary to have tunnel vision on ever topic?

I think the comments, taken as whatever you want to take them to mean, have actually added to the quality of this thread in addition to the pictures of all the great stuff. I know I feel I've learned something by it.

So relax.....it's all good.

Squeeze -- I totally understand your line of thinking. I do believe I emailed photos initially, although I can't be 100 % sure of that.
    Your bat is absolutely unbelievable -- you could build your own Hall with that as the centerpiece!

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by sayhey24 View Post
    Squeeze -- I totally understand your line of thinking. I do believe I emailed photos initially, although I can't be 100 % sure of that.
    Your bat is absolutely unbelievable -- you could build your own Hall with that as the centerpiece!

Greg
    Thanks Greg......and I forgot to wish you and everyone here a Happy Thanksgiving as well.

Regards,

Steve

Steve (SS)... just for future Reference, it's Xpress34, not Express34...

As far as HOF Worthy items - and after reading the Baseball HOF letter regarding donations, I might offer them a VERY significant piece for the Colorado Rockies 'locker'...

I own a GU Seth Smith World Series Hat:

It is significant because the Rox wore their Purple Bill caps in Game 4 - the Final Game of their 1st World Series appearance - and Seth Smith was the FINAL OUT of the Series.

I have LOA from the Rox and all and I only have a small investment in the hat that would be more than worth a HOF Cert in my collection as well as a Lifetime Pass from the Hall...

The only thing that is holding me back is that Smith is also my last name and Seth is a really nice guy with a lot of upside potential... but, I have also shopped the hat to a few 'Ole Miss' alums as well... in fact, good Rockies trivia here:

A lot of people know that Peyton manning started as Todd Helton's backup as QB at Tennessee... did you know that Seth Smith was Eli manning's backup QB at Ole' Miss?

- Chris

Carl Crawford's very first MLB game-used glove. Autographed and inscribed by Crawford stating that fact. Also has LOA from Crawford.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Always looking for vintage game used bats of Houston Buffs and Colt .45's players.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Steve (SS)... just for future Reference, it's Xpress34, not Express34...

in fact, good Rockies trivia here:

A lot of people know that Peyton manning started as Todd Helton's backup as QB at Tennessee... did you know that Seth Smith was Eli manning's backup QB at Ole' Miss?

- Chris
    Cool. Beer bet material.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Only two I think. Detroit's Davy Jones letter to author Lawrence Ritter thanking him for sharing profits from his book,"The Glory of Their Times"

Wow, that is a great piece and beautifully displayed. I wish I could find the same kind of letter from Jimmy Austin to Ritter.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mike,thanks. The Ritter estate placed many of Mr.Ritters letters on e-bay a year or so ago. They surface every so often. Just about every player mentioned in the book received a check from Ritter and sent a thank you letter.

(suicide,nothing wrong about adding to a topic. Sorry about that. But the side dishes out-weighed the main course by a factor of 4)

HALL OF FAME WORTHY?-Letters from players thankfull,some in dire straits,in need of a card show to live,showing disparity in income of past stars.(VanDerMeer is appreciative, McLain is desparate,and an elderly NY Giant, Joe Moore being asked to come to his first card show is hoping not to disappoint)

Mike,thanks. The Ritter estate placed many of Mr.Ritters letters on e-bay a year or so ago. They surface every so often. Just about every player mentioned in the book received a check from Ritter and sent a thank you letter.
    Not to change the subject but I have a Christmas card from Harry Hooper to Ritter.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

sylbry,almost all the players mentioned in Ritter's book were eternally gratefull and your letter is an example of that.

HOCKEY HOF WORTHY: game used stick of HOF'er Rod Gibert 1973-74 season(and Derek Sanderson's) with the NY Rangers. Gilbert had 406 lifetime goals.