Was anyone aware that you cannot automatically add insurance costs to eBay listings any longer? I just found out the hard way -- sold a bat for almost $800 (using the template I've always used) and the automatic postage calculator charged less than $9 for shipping. I read through the message boards on eBay and learned that if you want buyers to pay for insurance, you have to add that into the starting bid or to "other shipping costs" -- which assumes the seller knows what each item will sell for when they list it. What a pain in the rear. It's bad enough I now have to pack items before I list them so I can put the weight into the shipping calculator (God forbid somebody win multiple items and want them shipped together). Now I have to guess what they'll sell for and build in the insurance cost. Oh, for the good ol' days when my listings said, "seller will pay actual shipping and insurance" -- and I actually could calculate that, based on what they bought and where they lived.

I don't want this to turn into another eBay bashing thread... just wanted to bring this to others' attention so you don't get burned like I just did.