Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Opinions: Jay Bruce Game Used Louisville Jersey

I recently purchased this Jay Bruce jersey from thesofasurfer on ebay. I'm looking for some opinions since this is my first minor league jersey. The size seems a bit large but I'm hoping some other collectors can offer insight. Thanks as always guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Re: Opinions: Jay Bruce Game Used Louisville Jersey

To the best of my recollection, those jerseys should have been accompanied by a letter from the team. I believe the Bats were selling those in packages where you had to buy the home and road jerseys together, but Jay Bruce could have been an exception.

I would call the Bats and ask who handles jersey sales. I'm sure someone there could help. Earl Stubblefield used to be the person in charge of selling jerseys but I'm not sure if he does that anymore.

Kyle

I believe you are correct. From what I remember they were sold in packages as well. I also seem to recall that Bruce was included in those packages for a very hefty price tag. My suggestion is to contact the team...they would probably be able to shed some light on the matter.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

What concerns me is the wash tag. Usually after several washes they are rolled up. Contact Earl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Looking for Cincinnati Reds Game Used.....Please help me !!! kentuckywildcatzz@hotmail.com

Size 50 is right on for Bruce. But the BATS are pretty good at providing letters with their game used items, so as everyone else has said Earl Stubblefield is your guy to contact.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

If I remeber correctly theosurfer also sold the home version as well. I know I saw the home jersey on Ebay that was hundreds of dollars maybe more, just can't remember the seller.

This may help

This year at least, the home and road jerseys were sold as a set and the alternate and BP jerseys were sold individually. I bought the four of Gomes, and each was accompanied by an LOA (including individual letters for the two sold as a set).

Pictures of the Gomes road jersey:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...erseyfront.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...Jerseyback.jpg

If you need Earl Stubblefield's contact information, email me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com and I'll get it to you.

That jersey is fine. Like others have said, the jerseys were only sold in sets, and SofaSurfer had both jerseys from last year. Here's the thing, the Bats don't wear those road greys much. They usually wear their black alternates for away games, so that and the fact that Jay was only there for about a month and a half would probably account for the lack of wash wear. The fonts and patches for those minor league jerseys are impossible to find, and Rawlings doesn't make replicas or anything close, available to the public.

Jay wore a size 50 last year both with the Bats and the Reds. For players of that caliber, Louisville is VERY good about not letting others wear the same jerseys (they know what kind of re-sale money is there). Once they get called up, the jerseys are retired until it's time for them to be shipped out to the new owner. They only send one LOA, so I'd imagine minus having a copier in his house, SofaSurfer didn't think it was that big of a deal. PLUS, the Bats print the original owner's name and address on them, so maybe he didn't want that out there.

Hope this helps, and if you have any other Jay/Bats questions, I'll do my best to answer.

-Josh

Thanks everybody for the help, I talked to Earl and he thought the jersey looked good but thought Jay wore a size 46. He has been very helpful. It sounds like the 50 could be correct though. I'll keep looking for photos to match the jersey. If anyone runs across any I would be very appreciative.