Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: OT: Player you regret collecting

I don't regret collecting Juan Gonzalez, as it was always a fun challenge going after those items I wanted to add to my collection. I regretted how his career ended.

Regards, Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I'd presume he meant 100 Ben McDonald cards. After all, he's Big Truck, not Shawn Kemp .

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    ZING!!!!

i think it'd actually be a very cool theme to collect the jerseys of the biggest mlb/nba/nfl busts ever. i don't mean guys who were just a little overrated or didn't live up to their potential or faded too quickly. i mean the absolute biggest busts; most hype/biggest failures. for mlb, you could have brien taylor, todd van poppel, throw ben mcdonald in there. maybe ben grieve. kris benson. shawn abner. for the nfl, ryan leaf, tony mandarich, tim couch, charles rogers. nba: sam bowie, kwame brown, shawn bradley, michael olowokandi. i'd love to see a display with the #1 biggest bust in each sport. a brien taylor jersey next to a ryan leaf next to sam bowie.

rudy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I don't regret collecting Juan Gonzalez, as it was always a fun challenge going after those items I wanted to add to my collection. I regretted how his career ended.

Regards, Tony
    WOW ! Man ! I feel you ! I remember his disappointing end to his career. He was the man for a good stretch there in the AL. Then poof,,,,,,,he was gone ! Hell of a collection you have there. Did you ever try moving any of his stuff? If so, what kind of value did it hold ?

Banned

Mainly, I regret jumping the gun on Matt Forte. I paid big bucks for his autographed helmet,Jersey, and game ball on NFL Auctions after the Bears signed Cutler. Everybody thought he was going to have a huge year. Well we all know what happened ! LOL I didn't get to invested in Tommie Harris, but I regret anything I bought of his that has long since been sold !

I'm sorry I ever bought one of Shaun Gayle's game jerseys and a couple of auto'd items.

I think that when the trial gets under way for the woman who murdered his fiancee' he's not going to come out of it smelling like a rose.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    I'm sorry I ever bought one of Shaun Gayle's game jerseys and a couple of auto'd items.

I think that when the trial gets under way for the woman who murdered his fiancee' he's not going to come out of it smelling like a rose.

Really ? is he a suspect ?

No, there's a good solid case against her. It's just a matter of what he knew. He was with the other woman the night before the murder but claims to have had only a business relationship with her. I guarantee that the defense with paint a different picture.