Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChiGuy1
    • Jul 2013

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Very nice Hester!

Comment

• helf35
      • Jul 2013

Sick Hester jersey and collection!

Comment

• tom1315
        • Mar 2008

"Pale hose for Life", incredible collection and super addition with that latest jersey. Thanks for sharing.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Comment

• happyyoungster
          • Jan 2008

Wow...that Hester collection is solid! I particularly like the HOF patched jersey. I see Hester has went to a shorter cut of jersey?

Comment

• male1123
            • Oct 2013

Man, there are some awesome collections out there.
            Amazing job you guys have done with some player specific collections.
            Hester, Urlacher.
            Nice!

I am new to this and I am not looking to start a huge NFL collection, just a small bears one.

If anybody is interested in parting with a jersey please let me know.
            Preferably a navy or monster one.
            michaelm1123@yahoo.com

Thank you

Comment

• BIGSTIG
              • Apr 2008

Truly an AWESOME addition to your collection...CONGRATS!!!

Comment

• 35th&Shields
                • Dec 2010

Ron, your Bears collection is just to sick! IMO that Hester trumps everything else you have. Your bar is set pretty high too. Probably one of the top modern day Bears gamers out in the collecting community with such a signifigant value. Luv the fact that its a return gamer thats gonna run him into the HOF one day. CONGRATS Man..!!

Comment

• jbean023
                  • Nov 2011

Ok I read this thread every time something new is posted and I don't want to get scorned but just have to ask a few questions. I know DJNOS and have recently exchanged a few emails with palehose and get along with both but I don't understand the big Devin Hester hype. You guys compare him to Deion but you have to realize Deion played defense the whole game, to me Hester is like a kicker and punter good at one thing. He's a special teams player, tried receiving and was terrible at that. How many special teams players, kickers(technically 3), and punters are in the HOF? Jason Hanson has way more points then Devin Hester can even count to. I don't get how his jerseys are selling for more than everyday offensive and defensive starters. The kicker with the most points in NFL history or the kicker with the most game winning field goals, playoff field goals aren't in the hall, to me Hester is a glorified kicker. Hester also has 23 fumbles, I know this will get the Bears fans blood pressure going and want to start a big debate but I just wanted to ask some questions and understand better. I just wanted to understand the big hype. If you have 10 great special teams blockers you have the kicker to beat. Just wanted to throw that out there because I'm tired of seeing him compared to Deion and when it comes to Deion in the COMPLETE game of football there is no comparison. Just an opinion don't unleash the dogs!! haha

Comment

• jbean023
                    • Nov 2011

But those Hester's are beautiful jerseys, the Peppers is amazing!!

Comment

• mickeymbz
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2011

[quote=Palehose for Life;338244]In honor of the "Windy City Flyer" tying the NFL All-Time TD Return Record in Washington this past Sunday & 4 Historical Purposes I thought I would post this 9/30/07 @ Detroit Hester "Grail" that I just picked-up from Mickeymbz.

Pale.. I congratulate you on your long sought after piece of history. Let me first say that although I am far from being a Bears collector or NFL collector, this jersey was one piece I always treasured up there with any of my Laker stuff. Since posting this shirt some 2 years ago I've received countless offers... some high some very low. Not once while reading these emails did I ever believe I would ever part with this thing. But as time went on you reached out to me and explained what this piece would mean to your collection,, this coming at a time when Hester was taking an all time beating from being washed up to that "red headed step child". The buying of memorabilia based on value or highs and lows, like the stock market, was never my thing.. when I buy a piece it is never my intentions to ever flip it for dollars..or buy cuz its down in value. That's actually a terrible approach the neophyte hobbyist has taken today. As our relationship developed I felt that this thing needed to be where it is truly appreciated and loved. Of course you didn't buy this thing at value and I would be lying if I said you didn't spend an over the top amount for a modern era special teams player. Of course what you paid had a lot to do with the sale..but that wasn't completely it. When I was convinced that you took the same approach, seriousness and passion that I take when it comes to our collection,,the momentum definitely started swaying your favor. The approach you take to collecting , I feel, is seriously lacking in the hobby today... and you are a collector who is a "fan" first. It was hard for me to pack that thing and part with it but it makes me feel better its in a true collector's collection. Great pickup .. perseverance and footwork paid off.

Comment

• BIGSTIG
                        • Apr 2008

I am not usually the one to pick sides, but in this comparison it truly is apples to oranges. Lets just think simple football....

Devin Hester's returns are ALL special teams...ball is kicked to him and the one goal for a kicking team is to stop him from scoring...point blank.

Sanders - Like Ron stated more than 1/2 are from the defensive side of the ball. When you intercept on defense the offense is not "prepared" to become the defense and stop you. Heck sometimes it is you intercept the ball with no one between you and the goal...easy pick 6.

I realize this is stating the simple stupid, but in my opinion it shows why Hester is a better "returner" than Sanders.

Ron - Once again great pick up...truly one of the most awesome present BEARS game used jerseys on the market. Hope to land a Hester myself one day.

Comment

• jbean023
                          • Nov 2011

I understand a little more Ron, agree with most what you say and to the Sanders/Hester comparison. I don't disagree Hester is a better return man but let's think of this logically. I'll use UFC fighters Jon Jones just got done fighting one round and then fights a fresh man, then two rounds another fresh man, do you see where this is going who has the upper hand. Playing CB in the NFL is a physically demanding job Deion could of covered a guy for 3 fly routes then go back and take a return. Hester has some Gatorade, walks the sidelines, and then a return you have to factor in all that as well. Think of the years where Devin wasn't much of a return man, when he was a receiver and exerted energy in between returns but not even every down. My biggest reason on thinking Hester didn't make it as a receiver because of his mental capacity for the playbook all the Bears fans and I know the lack of education and "smarts" isn't Devin's strong suit. Ron, thanks for the email and I will let you know about that. If you can find any of the jerseys we have talked about I would be very interested. Does any Bears fans have contacts with Kahlil Bell??

Comment

• BU54CB
                            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Palehose for Life
                            I don't personally agree with the Hester/Sanders comparison or think its fair to either player. Sanders was a great all around player while Hester has excelled to be the best ever in special teams returns.

The HOF selection committee has also done a terrible job with less glamorous positions getting into the HOF. Every position has had players of greatness & who have transcended the game just because you are a punter, kicker, tight end, defensive back or a punt/kick returner shouldn't diminish your ability to receive enshrinement into the Hall.

Is the problem with the caliber of the player and his position or with the selection process & media who judge off of 2 minute sports highlights & don't get the opportunity to see players play entire games cause of the city they live in.
                            I agree, the comparison isn't apples to apples, too many differences with what they've been asked to do as player.

As for the HOF, the selection process doesn't work by media judging from 2 minute highlights, much more involved than that. I think more special teams players deserve consideration, but it doesn't work out that way.

There are currently 280 members of the HOF, which includes coaches and contributors, not a whole lot when you think about how many players have played and for how long the game has been around. Not many feel that special teasers changed the game of football, but perhaps a player like Hester will change their minds. Many think that Ray Guy is deserving, but when taking a loot at his stats, he wasn't even the best punter of his time.

Comment

• Samets
                              • Apr 2012

AMI has Walter Payton's game worn helmet used his entire career and it comes with a Walter Payton Foundation Letter of authenticity...

They already have a bid at $10,000 any guesses what this bad boy will bring?

I also have to wonder how WPF picked the auction house? I bet it would be better off with Ken who would at least pimp the heck out of it and get them top dollar!

Comment

• jhunt28
                                • Oct 2008

I'm going to say $30k... With the proper publicity, I would say $40k...

Comment

Working...