Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 34swtns
    • Apr 2006

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

I have to say that's the most suck piece of Bears memorabilia I've ever seen.
    Hope you kept the receipt.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by 3arod13
      Here you go
      ...And who is that homo pictured in your "copied" signature? Why would he want to show off a woman's ring?

Keep that crap where it belongs - In the Baseball threads. This here is for the real men! -

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
        • Jan 2009

Here is the latest, 3/4 done project. This is my entertainment center for the upcoming 2010 season down in the man cave. The cases do have glass but I took it out for the photo (flash glare). The Urlacher jersey in the center is just there to take up space until the 55" flat screen gets put in.

Here is some of the before and after.....

Attached Files

Comment

• 34swtns
          • Apr 2006

HOLY MOTHER OF.............!

Wow.....just wow. It turned out great Matt.

(It's just missing one item.......)

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by 34swtns
            .....(It's just missing one item.......)
            Yeah, I know, THE TV!

The most timing consuming part of that whole project was getting the MDF board BLACK. It must have took 3 or 4 coats of black stain/primer, and 3 coats of black lacquer. It was a nightmare! It was too cold to do it outside so I had to do it inside. The house reeked for weeks.

It was done in a 3 part system. 2 lighted cabinets for the jerseys and shoes, and then the middle part for a generic TV stand with shelves for the dvd receiver and stuff.

I still have yet to run the trim above the top to hide the wires from the lights and give it that "finished" look, as well as add an additional shelf between the 2 display cabinets. I have to wait on that until the TV gets installed so I can have some exact measurements. I am also undecided if that wood paneling is going to stay. It is old and beat up and really doesn't fit the theme. I just used it since it was there.

I am in the process of finishing the other side of the basement so once that gets done we will decide from there what to do.

I appreciate the compliments! As all of you know, a collection is a work in progress and everything is subject to change. I don't think I will ever be done.....

Comment

• gameu08
              • Sep 2008

any of you bears fans interested in a pair of Brian Urlacher game used cleats?

Comment

• 34swtns
                • Apr 2006

Matt.....you're up.

(Sorry, not into the shoes so much).

Comment

• Vikingshelmetguy
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by TriplexXxSports
                  Here is the latest, 3/4 done project. This is my entertainment center for the upcoming 2010 season down in the man cave. The cases do have glass but I took it out for the photo (flash glare). The Urlacher jersey in the center is just there to take up space until the 55" flat screen gets put in.

As you can tell, I am a Minnesota Vikings fan (Vikingshelmetguy), so I am in dangerous territory stepping into this Chicago Bears thread. But I have to give compliments to TriplexXxSports (Matt) on your outstanding Bears memorabilia room. It is seriously awesome. Congratulations on a job well done!

Comment

• Tyrcha
                    • Dec 2009

That Kreutz jersey broke me for a while. I'm also thinking Matt is up on this one.

CBCollector.com
                    Collecting
                    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Comment

• 3arod13
                      • Apr 2006

On a serious note....awesome job! What a super showcase!
                      Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                        • Jan 2009

I believe the cleats that are being discussed here were discussed between GAMEU08 and myself prior to being brought onto the thread (thank you).

Although I am a sucker for Brian's stuff (regardless if this is the same pair I am thinking of), I regretfully have to pass for a bit. I have a number of things in the mix at this point so I am watching the cash closely.

VIKINGS - you are always welcome aboard the Bears Thread! I appreciate the compliments on the collection. I never mind other fellow fans as long as they are not out to cause trouble - (TONY, lol )....

Humbly, I think I should inform everyone that that is only 1 ten foot wall in the entire basement and only 1 small section of 3 different rooms choked full of gear....

It is always a process since things are always coming and going. Once the basement is finished and the office gets rearranged I will be sure to post pics of all the goodies.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by 3arod13
                          On a serious note....awesome job! What a super showcase!
                          Thanks Tony, you da man!

Comment

• 3arod13
                            • Apr 2006

Thanks Tony, you da man!
                            You too! You know it's tough for Bear/Viking fans to pass up on a good poke at each other once in a while. For me, it's always just for fun
                            Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by gameu08
                              any of you bears fans interested in a pair of Brian Urlacher game used cleats?
                              Although my hands are tied, it may help to post some pics so that people can get a look at them.

Just a thought.....

Comment

• petzberz
                                • Feb 2010

Anyone know when and where to purchase the new throwbacks Bears will be wearing this year? Hope the authentic version will be legit.

Comment

Working...