Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 141 of 190 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1899

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

"Jaimy-aa-cb", where did you get that clothes rack and shelves? Looks nice and have been looking for something just like that for my jerseys..

Here's an early 1970's Randy Jackson white Wilson jersey.

I want to thank Mark (G1X) for hooking me up with this piece from his personal collection.

Enjoy:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Clemson2004 View Post
    "Jaimy-aa-cb", where did you get that clothes rack and shelves? Looks nice and have been looking for something just like that for my jerseys..
    hey!
    I got the rack and shelves from IKEA, the shelves are the ones that you can put on your wall without any brackets showing

The Rack is just a simple thing, you can hang your curtains on them, and its adjustable to 2.14 mtrs.

the glas display case is also from there

Nothing fancy (not even a 100 dollars total) but it works for me

Here's the "Traveling Berrian" that I added to my collection.

He'll keep company to the other number 80 in my collection (Bennett) and not very likely to leave anytime soon...

After yesterdays sad news, I wonder what happens to the prices of Urlacher GU jerseys...

Hopefully they DROP...so I can afford one JK

We'll see...

Picked up a few more jerseys... Here's a nice Ron Cox from 1992 with many battle scars and repairs. White color hides them so well... Up until this jersey, I thought the collar war ripped by the players but after this jersey, I realized that it's a team modification!

Samets- great pickup!!! I have quite a few 49er gamers with similar collar modifications. It seems as if gamers from 1992-1995 had this custom neck but after 1995 it is way less common. I have also seen a number of late 80s shirts with custom neck alterations with some of the jerseys having extra material sewn into the neck for added comfort.

The shirt you posted is exactly the type of jersey I really like to collect. The multiple repairs, hit marks, field paint and other indicators of game use are what make a jersey special. We just do not see these type of shirts coming from the teams any longer. Most shirts on NFL Auctions have been worn in one or two games and lack the punishing use that NFL game worn jerseys should have.

To me repairs are what make a jersey unique and can also help clarify if a jersey is indeed authentic. The 49ers have had a very typical type of repair over the last 30 years. Knowing what these repairs look like and how the various teams patch tears or holes has allowed me to pass up shirts that I may have otherwise purchased.

Keep em coming Samets!

Paul

Paul,

In relation to others, I've only been collecting for a short period of time but somehow I 'm gravitating toward the vintage jerseys... There's just more to them. Don't get me wrong, I won't pass up a good modern jersey but the vintage stuff just appeals to me on a different level.

This jersey is one of the favorites in my collection.

Thanks!

-Samets