Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 143 of 190 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1899

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Quote Originally Posted by Palehose for Life View Post
    Not Downing Anyone's Collection as Most GU is Sick on Sum Level & we All Collect 4 Our Own Enjoyment But @ the Same Time I'm Done Taking 2/3 Hits on Money Invested.

Just 1 Mans Opinion
    Palehose for Life - I appreciate your thoughts but your posts are hard to read and the flow seems choppy to me with all the capital letters and numbers. Just my opinion!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Samets View Post
    I agree. Hester is now the red headed step child in Chicago. His jerseys are not moving on eBay to the point where one seller just pulled his set...

It will be interesting to see what the future holds for him and prices of his jerseys... I was thinking of getting one but decided to wait it out and pick one up cheaper later on when he's done.

I'm getting more and more into the pre-2000 jerseys where the prices are way better and gamers show tremendous use...

Congrats on a cool jersey.
    Pulled due to CHEAP arse offers and so-called experts stating that value is 1k or less

Mick-

Id keep the Hester for now. Reebok stuff seems to be in lower demand right now. Just wait until he retires, the market for them will dry up and you could get lucky then moving it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mattapan03 View Post
    Mick-

Id keep the Hester for now. Reebok stuff seems to be in lower demand right now. Just wait until he retires, the market for them will dry up and you could get lucky then moving it.
    ..understood.. i have 2 of these and decided to move one as i'm not a football collector.but the most annoying thing about it was this knot heads' expert analysis as to why the value has diminished so much and will continue to plummet...the comical part of about it was that his offer was the lowest of all that i turned down,,there was one for almost double of what this clown offered. i'd rather keep it than let it end up in the hands of these type of dip-stick collectors who remind me of those who entered the card collecting hobby only after it gained popularity in late 80's and early 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymbz View Post
    Pulled due to CHEAP arse offers and so-called experts stating that value is 1k or less
    Sorry bud but the market sets the price. I don't know what the offers were and what the experts told you... I watch many jerseys and was simply making an observation...

Last Hester at NFL Auctions that I personally saw only ended up bringing a little over $1,500 or so and that was a jersey with a patch that Ron picked up right above the post you quoted. If the primary market sells at X"" and we all agree that NFL Auctions tends to be on the high side, then what does a regular Hester bring on the secondary market?

I realize that many people bought from JO and paid serious coin for their jerseys but the secondary market just doesn't support/justify those prices. I feel bad for guys that own high dollar jerseys that were bought from JO and will never see their money back. At least you got to own a jersey off of the stars back and enjoy it while that player is still with the team! That has got to be worth it, otherwise, you are in the wrong hobby.

Samets
    (Chicago Bears Garbage Man)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattapan03 View Post
    Mick-

I agree. This is the off-season. Wait until the first or second return for touchdown Hester makes and list it then!

I personally think this is his last season with the Bears... He sold his Gurnee home for a serious loss (over $100k) and just listed his McMansion in Riverwoods (will lose his ass there as well) leaving the smallest house in Lake in the Hills...

Back to regular show and tell portion!

This is my 1995 Joe Cain photomatch to a 1996 Topps card:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

BCA J-Cut 10-22 vs Lions with 4Yr Captain Patch

Rusty

R U 4 Real comparing Cutler 2 Grossman?......Seriously What Bear Games U Been Watching Over the Years Bud?

Difference is Cutler is a Franchise Quarterback & Grossman was at times an Overachieving Turd. Cutler is Surrounded by a Bunch of Clowns like ALL his Past Offensive Coordinators, his Entire Offensive Line, & ALL his Wide Receivers except 4 Marshall.

Cutler gets the Holy Crap knocked out of him & has 2 Run 4 His Life Practically EVERY Game. He was Sacked 5-Times in this jersey alone & Dude would put up twice the #'s U C if he had players around him.

Hall of Famer..... No. Franchise Quarterback...... Yes & Best Bears Quarterback in the last 60 Years. Too bad He has 2 take the wrap 4 Bears Management & Uninformed Fans.

Samets Everyone is entitled 2 their views & opinions & Everyone's Collection Starts Somewhere But Remember What I Tell U Here That When U Go 2 Sell Your C & D Tier Player Jerseys (Webb, Cain, Cox, E. Williams, Berrian, Bennett, Engram, R. Davis, K. Davis, D. Clark, Adams.....) Down the Road U WILL Get BURNED & 1/3 of What U Paid on the High End. You should B Consulting with BIGSTIGA Maybe Dude Will Show U the Light of Day.

In My World More is Less & Less is More and If I wanted 2 Collect Trash I Would Have Become a Garbage Man.
    as cryptic as this post is I get his jest... too many people place to much emphasis on the value of pieces (ie/ not worth that,,paid to much for that).. who is to say what value what holds.. Pale owns many great pieces.. the value lies within the person who pays and owns it. too many bozo's collect for value..or "good" value or "good" buy,,much as they did during the card collecting boom (and decline).... if they want a Harley for the price of a Honda...maybe their in the wrong hobby

Mick and Samets- I could not agree more with your points. I collect what I like and never base what I buy on how much I think I can sell it for down the line. Most other collectors may think that I spend way too much on certain "common" shirts. If I need that particular player to complete a portion of my collection then I usually pay what it takes to get it done. Obviously I hate to overpay but it all boils down to supply and demand.

When a vintage 49er shirt pops up of a mid level player such as Jeff Fuller, I bid to win. His gamer popped up in a Legendary Auction 2-3 years ago and I ended up paying over 1000$ for it because of one other bidder. The shirt was a beauty and worth every penny but I doubt most other NFL collectors would dream of paying that kind of $$$ for a random late 1980s safety whose career was cut short by injury. Fuller was one of my favorite players who was fun to watch so acquiring his shirt was critical as I had sold one of his shirts many years ago.

Collectors are in the game used hobby for a multitude of reasons but my goal, which is to collect what I like and not worry about the resale issue is just one way to look at it. If there were not multiple reasons for being involved with the hobby then their might be less selling thus making it harder to acquire things. I realize that it is frustrating when one buys high and is forced to sell low but that is a fact of life sometimes and one that almost cannot be avoided in the GU hobby at times.

Always buying 49er game used!
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Mick

You have to consider the source on this as this individual has been on this site for 1-year & now he's some self proclaimed expert in everything!

He downs Star Player jerseys & transactions and makes off like he's not into them while at the same time COVETING these same jerseys but wanting to pay "Hot Trash" prices like he's used to paying on his 3rd & 4th tier "Forgotten Heroes of the Days Long Gone" & I hate to be the one to break it to you rusty but they aren't "Forgotten Heroes" they are just Plain Forgotten.

He will pay $400 on a 2012 home Kellen Davis or $2,300 between a 40's TB, Orange Alt and Home Earl Bennett..... LMFAO! But $900 is a reach for a BCA Hester or $1,500 for a 40's Throwback (1 of 2 in Existence) Hester??? But Dude will pay $1,200 for the 40's TB Bennett?

Sad thing is this individual could have owned a couple of Quality Pieces by now such as an Urlacher, and either a Peppers or Briggs with all of the $$$ that was spent on so called "Forgotten Heroes"

Some ought to stick to Face Paint, Flea Markets, Garage Sales & their Routes and Less Time Rationalizing their Lowball Strategy
    Ron,

I feel dirty by just replying to you! I will get down to your level and level with you:

I have been on this site for only a year since it took almost as long to get approved to comment but have been collecting for many more, not that it changes my opinion on things.

I don't "down star player jerseys"! and openly stated that I would love to own them but I PERSONALLY will not pay the hyped-up prices. I "down" the clowns that bought too high and then try to re-sell down the road for what they paid but can't and won't accept the fact that they OVERPAID!. If no one wants it at your asking price, that means it's overpriced. It's simple economics but the guy cleaning up pigeon waste wouldn't know anything about that... Someone has been up and down the street trying to unload a BCA jersey for months and still no takers!? I personally have been offered the same jersey 3 or 4 times and said no every time, maybe a trade? -PASS... I did not even make an offer on it, yet sellers opinion is forced down my throat justifying the asking price.

I have never stated that I'm an expert and everything I say is my opinion. Do you think it's OK for me to have an opinion? I'm not forcing it down your throat am I? If you don't like it, move on! it's OK! I won't be mad.

Why do my forgotten heroes bother you so much? Is it because I don't want to buy your family's overpriced leftovers?. I'm happy that you found a clown to unload all of your leftovers on though. Did you ask him what he paid for his Bennett? I will be absolutely thrilled to continue buying what I like since "they are just Plain Forgotten". I mean, who wants jerseys of forgotten players right? Although many people on this forum collect common players from all years of all sports, do you think we are all wasting our time and money?

I'm also confused why you care what I buy? It's my collection and I can and do buy what I want. I'm a big boy, my mom told me so! I also wonder where you got the cost of my jerseys? I'm sure JO is not publishing their books and I have never stated the prices publicly so where do you get your information? I can tell you that my 40's throwback Bennett (1of1) did not cost me $1,200! Are you sure your source is trustworthy and has accurate information? Do you secretly want me to sell you my Salute to Soldiers Davis? You know it's also a 1 of 1! jersey.

I have never been offered or bid on a $900 BCA Hester nor a $1,500 40's throwback Hester so I don't know how that's a stretch for me. I also don't know how you know what my finances look like but rest assured, I am buying all forgotten heroes offered to me! I will pay more for heroes with patches too!!!

The rest of your rant does't apply to me so I'm not sure what to say!?! I don't face paint, go to fleamarkets/garage sales although I look for jerseys on Craigslist... I have no route and there is no "lowball" strategy! I pay what I feel something is worth to me!

AND as far as quality pieces, don't loose any sleep over it, I'm working on getting a game used Urlacher jersey. It's not going to be $7,000 but to each his own.

It's sad to see a well respected collector take things personally and start a personal attack on another forum member. What saddens me the most is your basic failure to read and comprehend what is read. You see, in the text you quoted, mickeymbz was complaining about something that happened on eBay with some buyer low-balling him on his Hester jersey. I don't know what he was offered but it sounds like it was a really low offer. Another forum member suggested that mickeymbz hang on to his jersey and I agreed as well as telling him to unload it right after Hester scores his first or second return for touchdown which will maximize his sale price!