Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 159 of 190 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1899
    Banned

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Walter Payton def a Horse! he's fosho aint know stumblebum!

$67k. Is that before or after the commish? I think ami's 20%? so it coulsd be $80. Either way reasonable for paytons ONLY helmet. Although I was watching NFL network which had a closeup of his helmet and looked like and additional small hole near the ear hole on the right side which wasn't in the picture. I def could be wrong.

Final price?

AMI owes me $7K (same run around as everyone else) and if we add up what other members are owed, I am sure that number approached $100K at least. I feel it is travesty to have their name associated with the Walter Payton foundation and plan on calling the foundation to advisee them about the integrity of the company they chose to sell this treasure....

Dave

I also encourage others who are owed money to contact the foundation as well and advise them who they are dealing with and the damage they have done to people. Perhaps we can get this picked up by print as well. I plan on contacting O'Keefe at the Daily News....

Dave

Whaaat? This is insane. I've have a couple very collectible items. Just about hall of fame worthy that they have contacted me about cosigning.
    Perhaps others should come out with what they are owed to at least protect others.

Also with any experiences with shilling or questionable activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleraddict View Post
    Either way reasonable for paytons ONLY helmet. Although I was watching NFL network which had a closeup of his helmet and looked like and additional small hole near the ear hole on the right side which wasn't in the picture. I def could be wrong.

Final price?
    According to another game used site's member (who I believe is still on this site as well), this isn't Payton's only helmet. Here is his post: "I wanted to relay a discussion I had with the equipment assistant for the Chicago Bears during Paytons career and into the 90's. His main job was helmet maintenance. I will say right here that he is the most knowledgeable helmet guy I have ever known personally, and an absolute expert on the Bears helmets. I am not questioning the Payton family here just relaying what I believe are facts.

He says that this helmet would be from late in his career due to the front bumper style. The original claim was that this helmet was worn his entire career. He says that is BS. He knows of at least 3 others that exist, including the one in the HOF, and there were more than that. That again is to not say that this helmet is not a game worn helmet of Paytons.

The biggest flag according to him is the magic marker "34" written in the webbing of the helmet (photo attached). He says they NEVER did that. The equipment manager had specific instructions. He told me why but I'll not get into that here. He says the way that he was instructed to mark the player number on the helmet was, they use a piece of red tape with the player number written on it and underlined. He described the tape as duct tape like. This was always place on the helmet shell so not to be in contact with the players head.

If anyone has photo matched this helmet I would be interested in hearing from you."

Regardless, it is an amazing piece of history!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swainer View Post
    He says that this helmet would be from late in his career due to the front bumper style. The original claim was that this helmet was worn his entire career. He says that is BS. He knows of at least 3 others that exist, including the one in the HOF, and there were more than that. That again is to not say that this helmet is not a game worn helmet of Paytons.

The biggest flag according to him is the magic marker "34" written in the webbing of the helmet (photo attached). He says they NEVER did that. The equipment manager had specific instructions. He told me why but I'll not get into that here. He says the way that he was instructed to mark the player number on the helmet was, they use a piece of red tape with the player number written on it and underlined. He described the tape as duct tape like. This was always place on the helmet shell so not to be in contact with the players head. ...
    I wish people would post the knowledge gained from people in the know but then again, that information could be used to make fakes...

Quote Originally Posted by Samets View Post
    I wish people would post the knowledge gained from people in the know but then again, that information could be used to make fakes...
    Exactly why he doesn't...

So where does everyone get their Bears jerseys from now? Im newer to the GU hobby, been collecting Cubs game used for the last few years.

I know the Bears used to have a deal with JO Sports, but looks like that ended over a year ago. Is there anyone else that has a deal with the Bears?

I've been looking all year and the only thing I've seen come up is the current Cutler gamer on NFL auctions.

Thanks for any help.

Sadly NFL Auctions is the primary way to get the gamers from the Bears.
    Last year, Hunt Auctions sold a few as well.