Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 34swtns
    • Apr 2006

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Courtesy of the JO Sports/GUU special offer:

Ricky Manning Jr. alternate. Game worn Oct. 28, 2007 vs. Detroit.

Kellen Davis game worn Dec. 22, 2009 vs. Philly. Davis scored a TD in the game.

Comment

• JasonBanz
      • Oct 2008

Great photomatch! Congrats on 2 great jerseys!

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by 34swtns
        Courtesy of the JO Sports/GUU special offer:
        Nice scores there Rick. I am impressed with the soiling that Davis jersey has. Solid photomatches as well!

Great Stuff!

I am still waiting on my stuff from the offer, but as soon as the 'horse & buggy' show up I will be sure to share.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by JasonBanz
          Matt,
          Great looking display case. I don't like the idea of cramming jerseys into small frames. I really like the way that looks. Unfortunately right now, all my jerseys are sitting in a bin until I can get a place to put my collection. I hope to either have mine in a frame like yours, or in the open in a entertainment center like the one you built. For future reference would you send the building plans for something like that?

Also, sweet Olsen and Briggs jerseys. With so much baseball stuff floating around here, it's good to see some quality football jerseys. Even though its the Bears!
          Thank you Jason......

Comment

• 34swtns
            • Apr 2006

Thanks fellas.

After looking around at some of the photomatching websites I was easily able to determine that the Kellen Davis gamer was worn in games as far back as November of 2008, but more significantly, this same jersey was worn for both of Davis' other two career touchdowns including his first against Pittsburgh as well as one against Detroit.

This under arm repair is visible in pics from the Pittsburgh game.

This chest repair and the collar repair "pleat" are both visible in the Detroit game.

And this shoulder hit mark is visible in just about every early season home game in 2009.
            Here it is again in the Detroit game.

Comment

• jaded
              • May 2010

wow, I found this site y'day and have spent at least 2 hrs just on this thread, lol
              great stuff guys, I envy you.

Comment

• JasonBanz
                • Oct 2008

34swtns,
                Great work! It's pretty rewarding when you come up with a find like that! Although it gets frustrating when you can't find anything!

Comment

• 34swtns
                  • Apr 2006

Thanks JB, you're right, it is frustrating when you can't find easy matches for your stuff. I've found that even with the game footage it can be tough. Some players just don't get any close-up face time during games so you end up pausing far away shots trying to photograph details that you can barely see when the action is in real time, much less slowed down or paused.

Matt, c'mon dude, we're waiting. Post 'em up!

Comment

• Tyrcha
                    • Dec 2009

While we're waiting for Matt's new stuff, I thought I would add mine. 1st is Marcus Harrison's wrist bands from the BCA game vs. the Lions to go with the jersey I previously picked up from JO. 2nd is my new Idonije courtesy of the JO Sale. The Idonije was attributed to the Cardinals game, but after closer inspection there were repairs to the right sleeve. After digging on Getty I found a photo of the tear on the sleeve before it was repaired from the Lions BCA game.
                    Attached Files

CBCollector.com
                    Collecting
                    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Tyrcha
                      While we're waiting for Matt's new stuff, I thought I would add mine. 1st is Marcus Harrison's wrist bands from the BCA game vs. the Lions to go with the jersey I previously picked up from JO. 2nd is my new Idonije courtesy of the JO Sale. ......
                      Scott, sweet ass jerseys man. Great job on your matches. Keep digging through those photo sites. You never know what you may find out about a jersey.

And, yes, my stuff came in. I will try to get it up here today after football practice.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                        • Jan 2009

'09 Garrett Wolfe Game Worn Home Jersey - Worn 09/03/2009 v. Cleveland & 10/04/09 v. Detroit. This is the jersey Garrett wore when he scored his 1st career rushing TD.

Attached Files

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                          • Jan 2009

'07 Hunter Hillenmeyer Game Worn Home Jersey - worn 09/23/07 v. Dallas.

Attached Files

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                            • Jan 2009

I thought this was cool too so I post the pics.

1) First jerseys I have owned that still had tape in them from taping to their pads.

2) The 3 stud Line Backers from the Chicago Bears.

Attached Files

Comment

• 34swtns
                              • Apr 2006

Stellar, Matt.

Great matches, too. That Hilley is just destroyed!

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by 34swtns
                                .......That Hilley is just destroyed!
                                Yeah dude, it ranks right up there with the Briggs and Harris jerseys. Its hard to tell by the pics I posted but 3/4's of the left sleeve was torn off (from the armpit in the front to about the back shoulder blade area). Dozens of small little thread repairs/patches. The hit marks range from silver, to red, to teal which would make me think it was used in the Seattle opener, KC, and the Dallas game.

One thing that is safe to assume with most of the Bears players is that they reuse their jerseys for multiple games. However, going back to your earlier statement, it is hard to find pics or even video footage as some of these guys just never get the media attention.

Unfortunately, I have only found 3-4 pics of Hunter from that Dallas game, and the only one that showed anything is the one that I posted. As for the previous games that season, the same thing applies - there just isn't that many photos available to compare to.

It doesn't matter to me though. Its got the team papers, it stinks to high heaven, and it looks damn good next to all the others......

Comment

Working...