Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 163 of 190 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1899
    Banned

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Quote Originally Posted by Samets View Post
    Here's a picture of Bradley wearing a different cut jersey:
    To begin, as I often do, I'll post an item (s) that I purchased before I actually receive it. Why do I do this? Members of this forum are pretty savvy and they may information on an item I didn't know or just have an opinion or two on one of my item (s). I always appreciate the input and weight all of the opinions based on their merit. Contrary to some other members, I do not take offense but welcome the input.

This jersey proves my point - that's a terrific scan - one that I did not have. It's hard to argue with an actual photo. I would like to add that, according to the Seller, the jersey was in lot of other items that were offered in a public lien auction. Other items included his personal items and sports related items such as his Bears issued pants, spikes, warm-up suit etc. Why would a player keep an non-authentic item in his collection?

Once I receive the jersey, I'll compare it to the scan you provided as well as the scan on your website and go from there.

Thanx again,

Jim

PS - Your photo looks like it was taken on media day - and not game day. I'll dig around and see if I can find any other close-up shots of the jerseys that were worn on gameday

"I always appreciate the input and weight all of the opinions based on their merit. Contrary to some other members, I do not take offense but welcome the input."

Well said, man.

I saw this jersey on eBay as well as a few other items as you mentioned. I didn't bother digging into to deep and bidding, I just didn't have the time.

Here are a couple images that may or may not help your case!

At least you know the jersey you have wasn't worn on media day!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post

PS - Your photo looks like it was taken on media day - and not game day. I'll dig around and see if I can find any other close-up shots of the jerseys that were worn on gameday
    According to Darrell McClover who's Super Bowl jersey I have, he was issued just one jersey that was used for the press day as well as the game.

Banned

Hey Guys - to begin, thanx for all of the input. I appreciate that you guys got involved. After I read the threads and exchanged emails with Samets, I was sure my jersey was not worn in the Super Bowl.

I received the jersey today and I decided to review the scans again. I blew them up and as I looked at them, in the shot that looks like it was taken on media day, there is a clear seam that connects the shoulder and the body of the jersey. In the gameday shot, when I blow that scan up, I can't see the seam - where did it go? Next, look at the white portion of the scan - Now, look at the scan of my jersey. The white area allows us to see the seem connecting the gusset section of the jersey.

Also, the players in the foreground and next to Bradley have the same cut jersey as mine rather than a jersey with a seam separating the shoulder from the body of the jersey.

I think its an authentic Super Bowl jersey but your opinions are welcome

Jim

Banned

I took the game day photo and took some of the contrast out of it. You can see the mesh insert sewn into the body of the jersey. The side panels are spandix. I took another scan of my jersey to make it easier to see the mesh insert.

On the media day photo - can't see any spandex inserts at all.

Jim

The Super Bowl Game Day and Media Day jerseys are not the same. Your jersey looks to be of the same cut as the Game day jersey in my opinion.

I agree with MichaelofSF. Does the jersey show any signs of game wear anywhere.

We've been exchanging e-mail outside of the forum and I do agree that there appears to be 2 different jerseys pictured.

Banned

Samets,

I found a couple of photos of your jersey. If you get a chance, can you shoot me a email?

Jim