Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

To get this thread back on the right path!

The Chicago Bears chose Harris as the 9th pick in the first round of the 1979 NFL Draft. Harris played for the Bears from 1979 to 1984 and again from 1986 to 1988. Harris sat out the entire 1985 season due to a contract dispute with the Bears, and missed being part of one of the most dominating Super Bowl teams of all time. Harris returned in 1986, but a hamstring injury and the contract dispute still lingered over his tenure with the Bears, he signed a free agent contract with the Philadelphia Eagles in the off-season in 1989. He played two years with the Eagles before retiring.

In 1985 Mike Singletary, Todd Bell, and Al Harris were negotiating new contracts. Mike Singletary was given a new one, but Michael McCaskey wouldn't pay Harris and Bell what that were worth so their holdouts lasted all year. They both missed out on the Superbowl, but signed and played the following year.

This jersey dates back to the 1983 and 1984 seasons. There are over a dozen repairs and some are holding others...

Bears jerseys with outstanding use from the 1980's hardly come up for sale so I'm very lucky to have snapped this one up!

Enjoy:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Samets View Post
    To get this thread back on the right path!

The Chicago Bears chose Harris as the 9th pick in the first round of the 1979 NFL Draft. Harris played for the Bears from 1979 to 1984 and again from 1986 to 1988. Harris sat out the entire 1985 season due to a contract dispute with the Bears, and missed being part of one of the most dominating Super Bowl teams of all time. Harris returned in 1986, but a hamstring injury and the contract dispute still lingered over his tenure with the Bears, he signed a free agent contract with the Philadelphia Eagles in the off-season in 1989. He played two years with the Eagles before retiring.

In 1985 Mike Singletary, Todd Bell, and Al Harris were negotiating new contracts. Mike Singletary was given a new one, but Michael McCaskey wouldn't pay Harris and Bell what that were worth so their holdouts lasted all year. They both missed out on the Superbowl, but signed and played the following year.

This jersey dates back to the 1983 and 1984 seasons. There are over a dozen repairs and some are holding others...

Bears jerseys with outstanding use from the 1980's hardly come up for sale so I'm very lucky to have snapped this one up!

Enjoy:
    Wow, this is an awesome piece! Mind if I ask if you scored this from an auction or private collector?

Never mind! Found it!

Quote Originally Posted by vince182 View Post
    Wow, this is an awesome piece! Mind if I ask if you scored this from an auction or private collector?
    Thanks! I love this jersey.

Has anyone seen a Brendon Ayanbadejo game used Bears jersey

Quote Originally Posted by SharksFan View Post
    Has anyone seen a Brendon Ayanbadejo game used Bears jersey
    I've been looking and haven't seen one. There are a few players from that time period that I haven't seen. Most notably (for me) is Thomas Jones.

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

What are everyones thoughts on what the Bears exactly do with their jerseys now? No company like JO sports , rarely if ever have any jerseys on NFL auctions.. Are they all going to the card companies? It's a shame they don't sell them anymore

Chicago Bears have always been known as a frugal team with regards to their equipment. If you look at the jerseys all the way into the early 2000's you'll find jerseys with full seasons worth of use. I personally own jerseys that have been worn for multiple years. Once the equipment was beyond game use, it was worn during the practices. There are many pictures from late 70's and early 80's where you can see gamers worn at practice...

Today, nothing changed... The equipment manager holds on to equipment like it's coming out of his paycheck... I've been to several Chicago Bears events and noticed that the jerseys they use for show and tell show obvious signs of multiple game use. Attached are two jerseys from separate events that showcase my point...

I bet that there's a room somewhere in the basement of Halas Hall that has a stockpile of all the jerseys that we're trying to get our hands on...

As promised, here is my Cutler gamer. Pictures really do not do this jersey justice. Absolutely pounded with Game usage from a November 2009 game versus the Eagles. Plenty of photo and video matches. I'm in love

With Covid19 I've had some free time in the evenings... I've chatted with some fellow collectors and did some time consuming photomatching...
    I've owned this jersey since 2015 and always felt that this away gamer was worn by Mike Tomczask for majority of his career with Chicago... Today I decided to see how far back I can match it...
    I'm happy to say that I have now photomatched it to the SuperBowl XX. In the bottom picture you can see Mike celebrating the victory at the end of the game with Tim Wright. A little zooming and the holes line up perfectly all over the jersey! The easiest place to see it is in the above 2 photos.
    This is now a 2nd SuperBowl XX worn jersey in my collection.
    As you can see, it has been modified over the years but it's the same jersey! The 2nd photomatch is sometime in 1988 according to Getty Images...

Name:  Photomatch.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  96.6 KB

Name:  Tomczak.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  100.4 KB