Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tyrcha
    • Dec 2009

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

I got ya Matt. Here's one for ya.
    Attached Files

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Comment

• 34swtns
      • Apr 2006

Poor dude didn't even see that ruptured spleen coming.

Comment

• hockeytigers
        • Feb 2009

Are you sure that's his spleen???

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
          • Jan 2009

Scott, I couldn't help but notice that out of the 8 guys picture (including the 2 on the sideline) you are the only caucasian dude. What league do you play in again...lol. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Nice stick!

Comment

• Tyrcha
            • Dec 2009

LOL!!! I didn't even notice that. That game just happened to be against a pretty urban team from Milwaukee. Funny story is we let one of our QB's go so he could play for that team and he didn't make it to halftime before blowing his knee out. Guess he would've been better served staying on our bench. Live and learn.

CBCollector.com
            Collecting
            Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Comment

• BU54CB
              • Jul 2010

A shout out to Matt for kindly working out a deal for his Urlacher game issued jersey. I'm using his pics, I haven't had time to take my own. Thanks again Matt, the jersey is awesome !!!

Comment

• BU54CB
                • Jul 2010

Wondering if anyone had any game used, game issued, or authentic Bears jerseys from the 80's they'd consider selling? Looking for players like Neal Anderson, Fencik, Mark Carrier, or others.

Thanks much

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by BU54CB
                  A shout out to Matt for kindly working out a deal for his Urlacher game issued jersey. I'm using his pics, I haven't had time to take my own. Thanks again Matt, the jersey is awesome !!!
                  It was a pleasure, and I am glad you are happy with your jersey. That was a tough one to let go of (it was one of my favorites), but (like the Harris) I know it went to a good home. I am always glad to help a fellow Bears collectors. Thanks you for the kind words.

Comment

• ivo610
                    • Dec 2009

How many legit game worn Walter Payton jerseys or helmets have you guys seen? I have seen a couple fakes and was just curious how many if any legit ones are out there.

I figured you guys would know best.
                    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• 34swtns
                      • Apr 2006

Looking through past auction houses' sales it's easy for a Bears collector to determine that 90% of the Paytons that have been sold, (some for big money), are fakes.

I only know of a very small number that appear to be legitimate.
                      In fact, only 3 come to mind and one is in the Hall of Fame.

The two most important details to look for in a Payton are the size (42 and 44 ONLY) and the condition.......it should be hammered. Payton is famous for wearing the same jersey for an entire season and he got tagged on almost every play so his jerseys will be very beat up.

Comment

• ivo610
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by 34swtns
                        Looking through past auction houses' sales it's easy for a Bears collector to determine that 90% of the Paytons that have been sold, (some for big money), are fakes.

I only know of a very small number that appear to be legitimate.
                        In fact, only 3 come to mind and one is in the Hall of Fame.

The two most important details to look for in a Payton are the size (42 and 44 ONLY) and the condition.......it should be hammered. Payton is famous for wearing the same jersey for an entire season and he got tagged on almost every play so his jerseys will be very beat up.
                        What about lids? Are any helmets in private hands that anyone knows of?
                        Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• 34swtns
                          • Apr 2006

Walter is said to have used the same helmet for his entire career.

He wore the same pair of away pants for 9 seasons until the ass-end finally blew out of them in 1983. There are photos of Walter leaving the field with half of his butt exposed.

Comment

• BU54CB
                            • Jul 2010

He wore the same pair of away pants for 9 seasons until the ass-end finally blew out of them in 1983. There are photos of Walter leaving the field with half of his butt exposed.
                            I remember that game, pretty funny when it happened.

American Memorabilia had one up a year or two ago, they had it on display at the Sun Times show. That things was beat to death if it was authentic.

34swtns, do you know anyone who might have some GU or issued Bears jerseys from the 80's?

Comment

• 34swtns
                              • Apr 2006

I wish we'd met a year ago. I had over 50 at one time but I sold them all. The '86 Jim McMahon in the GUU winter auction was the last of them.
                              I started out collecting modern-era stuff, switched to old Wilsons and am now back to the modern stuff.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2009

Maybe 10 years ago, the helmet was on dispaly in a Payton exhibit at the train station in Aurora IL.

Dave Miedema

Comment

Working...