Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BU54CB
    • Jul 2010

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Originally posted by 34swtns
    I wish we'd met a year ago. I had over 50 at one time but I sold them all. The '86 Jim McMahon in the GUU winter auction was the last of them.
    I started out collecting modern-era stuff, switched to old Wilsons and am now back to the modern stuff.
    Me too, if you run into any, would you mind dropping me a line?

Your display of Bears jerseys and items is great, I like the shelf you build, not to mention the Bears jerseys etc.
    I have 2 soldier field chairs I'd like to refinish, anything special you did to yours? I noticed you changed the seat numbers, how did you do that?

Comment

• 34swtns
      • Apr 2006

Thanks. I changed the color on all of my seats. They were originally light blue or yellow but very weathered and faded.
      There's a company called Archer Seating who harvested all the seats from Soldier Field and they have the number plates.
      They told me that even though they knew large sections of seats weren't available for salvage they still went through and removed all the extra number plates of famous Bears players because they knew those were the numbers people would want.

Comment

• BU54CB
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by 34swtns
        Thanks. I changed the color on all of my seats. They were originally light blue or yellow but very weathered and faded.
        There's a company called Archer Seating who harvested all the seats from Soldier Field and they have the number plates.
        They told me that even though they knew large sections of seats weren't available for salvage they still went through and removed all the extra number plates of famous Bears players because they knew those were the numbers people would want.
        Great, thanks for the info, I'll give them a try. Did you use anything special for paint?

Comment

• 34swtns
          • Apr 2006

Krylon makes a special spray paint just for plastic.......but it doesn't bond to the seats any better than regular spray paint. It scratches easily.
          I just keep anything abrasive off of them and do occasional touch-ups when they do get scratched.
          I don't know of any way to prep the plastic before painting that wouldn't compromise it or make it more brittle than 30-40 year old plastic already is and it wasn't worth the risk to me to try anything like that so I just deal with the occasional scratch.

Comment

• Tyrcha
            • Dec 2009

Recent pickups. Todd Perry game issued away jersey from 1997. The bottom of the jersey is in pretty rough shape due to wherever the past owner kept the jersey. I still feel it's a pretty cool lineman jersey from the late 90's.

Also, I got a pair of away navy pants from 1997. The pants are a size 46 long and featured scribbled out numbers that appear to be 68o and 79. I'm guessing these pants were worn in the preseason being that the only 68 on the roster was Reeves and was a D-lineman. Also, there was no 79. Along with the pants came a pair of home game socks.

I'm heading down to Bears Camp next week, so hopefully I will be able to find some goodies down there. BEAR DOWN!
            Attached Files

CBCollector.com
            Collecting
            Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Comment

• 34swtns
              • Apr 2006

Well, I'm glad SOMEONE has acquired something new lately. Geez, it's been beyond dead the past couple of months.

Nice stuff, Scott, did those come from Murf Denny's website?

Comment

• Tyrcha
                • Dec 2009

Ya, they came from Murf and Pat. Honestly, due to the quality of product, I'm not sure I would buy from them again.

CBCollector.com
                Collecting

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Tyrcha
                  Ya, they came from Murf and Pat. Honestly, due to the quality of product, I'm not sure I would buy from them again.
                  Most of their stuff is consigned by private sellers. I believe they just use the information and pictures given to them. I'm not sure that they actually carry inventory. I may be wrong, but I remember when I dealt with them about putting together a package they said it would have to be split b/c different parties had the items I was looking at. Just my .02

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2009

I think the majority of Murf and Pat's inventory are now consignments. How well they move depends on the asking price the consignor wants before Murf adds his cut. For example, check Murf's large inventory of Chicago White Sox jerseys...rarely do any move because they're nearly all consigned by the same person (a Chicago area dealer renowned for overpricing game-used items). Murf apparently feels differently, but, personally, I wouldn't take a consignment if the owner had an inflated price on it.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• Vikingshelmetguy
                      • Mar 2009

Hi Bears Collector Guys: Just out of curiosity, I am wondering why there seem to be no game worn Bears helmets featured on this thread? Do most of you collect only game worn Bears jerseys, socks and shoes? Or are Bears game used helmets hard to find/obtain?

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Vikingshelmetguy
                        Hi Bears Collector Guys: Just out of curiosity, I am wondering why there seem to be no game worn Bears helmets featured on this thread? Do most of you collect only game worn Bears jerseys, socks and shoes? Or are Bears game used helmets hard to find/obtain?
                        Chicago doesn't release helmets. Most guys will wear the same helmet their entire career. The Bears are very stingy about their equipment so it is very hard, if not impossible to obtain equipment, such as a helmet, that is owned by the team.

Trust me, if they were for sale, I would have a TON!

Comment

• terryzom
                          • Jun 2010

Well guys, after months and months of lurking, it give me great pleasure to make my first post in this thread; what I hope is the first of many. I've landed a bunch of stuff lately, largely thanks to deep discounts from JO and TRS (thanks guys!), and a favor from a friend. I hope I am not violating any forum rules with this book (mods, please grant mercy to a noob if I did--didn't see a limit in the rules and have seen some nice detailed posts in this thread) First up is a Mark Anderson home jersey worn on 10/04/09 against the Lions:

Some good wear even though you can't see it very well in the getty shots...

Next, Rashied Davis 2007 partial season worn, definite match to 10/04/07 against the Eagles:

Nice team repair on left sleeve:

And still paint marks on twill despite the team having washed it, probably from Eagles game:

Next up, Robbie Gould 2007 ProBowl issued with a nice auto from our favorite current placekicker:

Lastly, sent to me personally by the co-author at the request of a friend of mine who used to work for him (thanks *yet again* Lizzy!)--inscribed and auto'd copy of Never Die Easy:

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                            • Jan 2009

Terry,

Welcome to the board and our little slice of heaven here on this thread. I have said it before and I will say it again - it is always nice to have another Bears collector out there (especially since Rick traded jerseys for lumber and hasn't come out about it yet )

Very nice pick-ups and I look forward to seeing many more wonderful additions to your collections.

Comment

• 34swtns
                              • Apr 2006

Hey, I've always said it's more important to have wood......
                              nevermind.

If Matt would start spending his newly-acquired honest day's paycheck on gamers instead of liquor we wouldn't need new guys to take up the slack around here.

Terry, welcome to the darkside and I'm very happy to see you've moved up from the "kid's table", (put down that hot dog and help yourself to a plate of steak).

Sweet additions, indeed, and congratulations are in order. That Anderson has been to war! The Davis is awesome as well. I'm gonna have to snag an away gamer or two one of these days......just haven't run across the right ones yet.

Again, welcome aboard and keep 'em coming!

Comment

• Tyrcha
                                • Dec 2009

I'm no longer the newbie...waaaahoooo! LOL Anyways, welcome the the thread. Hopefully some more interesting Bears stuff starts popping up now that the 2010 season is here.

CBCollector.com
                                Collecting

Comment

Working...