Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 34swtns
    • Apr 2006

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Nameplates are easy, you just need the old Wilson navy fabric and I've got plenty of that leftover from old junk jerseys.
    Getting the attribution done is the tricky part. You have to find someone who can do 2-layer heat pressed vinyl lettering......using the correct font......and the right shade of "burnt orange".

It's a post-1987 jersey so that would make it a Neal Anderson, which is a pretty common jersey. It was the biggest selling Bears jersey after Walter retired in '88. Honestly, the hassle and expense it would take to have it attributed is way more than its eventual value.

Comment

• terryzom
      • Jun 2010

I agree with Rick, I gave up myself on going through the same effort and $$$ with a McMahon, which is way harder to find. You might be better off flipping the jersey and waiting for a complete one to show up online, you just have to be patient.

Comment

• mountview54
        • Aug 2010

heres some of my Urlacher collection i have the triple crown having the closest jersey to his high school 11, game exclusives Authentic New Mexico 44, and his Game issued jersey from the first game back at the new Soldier Field in 03. My parents got me the auto ball from Mountain Memories for Christmas last year and i got the authentic helmet just need to get it signed like the jersey's.
        Attached Files

Comment

• 34swtns
          • Apr 2006

Very nice collection you have there. Makes my one Urlacher look puny by comparison.

Nice score on that '03 team-issued. Its original owner had a sweet companion to it - a team-issued white away, signed - that I wish I would've snagged but I let it slip through my hands. Oh well......I had my eye on a bigger fish.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by 34swtns
            Very nice collection you have there. Makes my one Urlacher look puny by comparison.

Nice score on that '03 team-issued. Its original owner had a sweet companion to it - a team-issued white away, signed - that I wish I would've snagged but I let it slip through my hands. Oh well......I had my eye on a bigger fish.

Comment

• BU54CB
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by 34swtns
              Nameplates are easy, you just need the old Wilson navy fabric and I've got plenty of that leftover from old junk jerseys.
              Getting the attribution done is the tricky part. You have to find someone who can do 2-layer heat pressed vinyl lettering......using the correct font......and the right shade of "burnt orange".

It's a post-1987 jersey so that would make it a Neal Anderson, which is a pretty common jersey. It was the biggest selling Bears jersey after Walter retired in '88. Honestly, the hassle and expense it would take to have it attributed is way more than its eventual value.
              I thought getting the nameplate produced would be tricky. BTW, thanks for the advice on the seat numbers and paint, did you buy the brackets from that site as well?

Comment

• BU54CB
                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by terryzom
                I agree with Rick, I gave up myself on going through the same effort and $$$ with a McMahon, which is way harder to find. You might be better off flipping the jersey and waiting for a complete one to show up online, you just have to be patient.
                The jersey really didn't set me back much at all, I had a few ebay bucks so it cost me all of $25 dlvd. You are right, its better to buy it complete and be patient, but that's easier said than done, right?

Comment

• mountview54
                  • Aug 2010

yea he does or did have a nice White signed Urlacher. I was hoping he keep it awhile till i could get up enough funds to get it to match with the home jersey, but its hard going to college and trying to get gear. I love the jersey i wanted an issued because i seen where everyone has said they smell and i wanted a nice clean one that he could have worn if needed. I have been an Urlacher fan since i was little i wore 54 through high school and the yr and 1/2 i played in college.

Comment

• BU54CB
                    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by mountview54
                    yea he does or did have a nice White signed Urlacher. I was hoping he keep it awhile till i could get up enough funds to get it to match with the home jersey, but its hard going to college and trying to get gear. I love the jersey i wanted an issued because i seen where everyone has said they smell and i wanted a nice clean one that he could have worn if needed. I have been an Urlacher fan since i was little i wore 54 through high school and the yr and 1/2 i played in college.
                    Matt was kind enough to allow me to purchase the away game issue Urlacher, rest assured it went to a good home

Comment

• mountview54
                      • Aug 2010

well thats awesome as long as Urlacher stuff stays in the hands of great Bears fans then i'm "almost" as happy as if i had gotten it.

Comment

• 34swtns
                        • Apr 2006

Actually, I was referring to the original owner....before Matt.
                        He had a signed white team-issue AND an away game used jersey (that was not for sale, unfortunately).

Comment

• 34swtns
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by BU54CB
                          I thought getting the nameplate produced would be tricky. BTW, thanks for the advice on the seat numbers and paint, did you buy the brackets from that site as well?
                          I did. Those guys have everything you would need for your restoration.

Comment

• mountview54
                            • Aug 2010

I really want to get ahold of a Newer Urlacher issued with the Capt. patch but i would guess they are far and few between and maybe JO would maybe get one in this year.

Comment

• BU54CB
                              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Tyrcha
                              Just got back from Bourbonnais after getting absolutely cooked by the sun. I managed to get Izzy Idonije and Marcus Harrison to sign their game used jerseys after practice. The Izzy reads "Bear Down" and "I-Train". Harrison's auto got a little messed up from him sweating on it while he was signing it. Yeah, it sucks that the auto isn't 100% clear, but he did add more sweat to the already beat up jersey.

Also, I managed to find this Cade McKnown shirt for $5 in the pro shop. I figured this joke was worth $5. Now I have something to wear if the team sucks this year. LOL!!!
                              Nice autos on the Izzy and Marcus jerseys, looks like you got some additional sweat added to it !! The Mcknown shirt is priceless, they've had that sitting aroudn for some time.

I also sent you a PM about your Mark Anderson GU you posted, did you happen to get it?

Comment

• terryzom
                                • Jun 2010

Where have I been the past two days!? Great UL collection, mountview! Those rare team-issued are awesome. Why does it seem to be only the 2002 and 2003 that show up anywhere? If anyone has a gamer blank from those years, please PM me with a price.

Comment

Working...