Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 28 of 190 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Thank You ! I appreciate your help.

I got nothing new, just rehashing the same old crap.
    I finally got around to checking the game footage for my Kellen Davis gamer. While I was watching I saw another jersey that looked familiar......my Greg Olsen jersey from the same game. I'd totally forgotten that both jerseys were used in the same game. Duh.
    I never bothered to check game footage for the Olsen since it was so easy to match using press service photos but I'm looking for Davis matches and there it is.
    Very cool that there were instances when they were both in the same shot, too.

Nov. 22, 2009, Bears vs. Eagles

If that wasn't enough, here's some more rehashed stuff, or as I'm re-naming it:

"More Fun with (accidental) photomatching"!

I'm flipping through a 2007 Bears Yearbook and I stumble on a full-page ad for the old Game Exclusives company advertising their Bears stuff. Lo and behold, what's the main item they're showcasing?
    My Urlacher '06 alternate!

The ad page:

Close-up of the ad:

Pics of my jersey:

I have a couple questions about gamers. What does the year/size tag sewn into the neckline indicate? Is it when the jersey was first used in a game or does it relate to the particular season its tagged for? I've noticed on JO Sports that the tag doesn't match the game they indicate in the description.

Second question, does anyone have or seen game used or issued from Urlacher's rookie season in the Nike jersey. I know someone who claims to have one, but after reading and seeing everyone's GU, I'm suspicious. I've seen one or two on ebay, but there isn't enough detail to compare. I'm wondering if the Nike jerseys had extra length and other details the Reebok gamers seem to have.

Thanks Jim

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    I have a couple questions about gamers. What does the year/size tag sewn into the neckline indicate? Is it when the jersey was first used in a game or does it relate to the particular season its tagged for? I've noticed on JO Sports that the tag doesn't match the game they indicate in the description.

Second question, does anyone have or seen game used or issued from Urlacher's rookie season in the Nike jersey. I know someone who claims to have one, but after reading and seeing everyone's GU, I'm suspicious. I've seen one or two on ebay, but there isn't enough detail to compare. I'm wondering if the Nike jerseys had extra length and other details the Reebok gamers seem to have.

Thanks Jim
    They year/size tag is sewn in for the season it was issued. The Bears are notorious for using jerseys years after they were sent from Berlin to the locker room for inventory (i.e. - Cutler's orange alt. jersey from '09 was tagged 05-48).

I have heard from a very reliable source that jerseys from Brian's rookie year DO NOT EXIST in the market. There has never been one given up to the market (used or issued), so any Nike jersey you have seen of Brian's on Flea Bay, or anywhere else are junk.

Hopes this helps.

Bears collector guys,

Have you seen these neat auction listings on Ebay?

Cool old Bears Helmet Lamp:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1960s-Ch...item2eae0fc8f4

And possible game used Bears helmet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/180534585445

Perhaps you guys might be interested (note, I am not the seller of either of these auction items).

Regards,
    Vikingshelmetguy

Picked up my first Chicago Bears Game Used of Darrell McClover from JO Sports. I know McClover isn't a big name player, but I always liked his game, he had some great blocked punts for special teams. Shows great game use, but have yet to photo match. Haven't found a ton of McClover photos out there in the 98 uniform, I'll keep looking.

Not the best photos, I'll get better ones later.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting that one.

Matt and I normally carry this thread on our backs but I just got laid off and dropped my wad on that Urlacher so I'm out for the time being. Matt is now gainfully employed so between his job, his budding football career and his daily "Happy Hour(s)" he doesn't have time to hob-nob with us geeks anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting that one.

Matt and I normally carry this thread on our backs but I just got laid off and dropped my wad on that Urlacher so I'm out for the time being. Matt is now gainfully employed so between his job, his budding football career and his daily "Happy Hour(s)" he doesn't have time to hob-nob with us geeks anymore.
    Thanks, I appreciate it, I also have soemthing else on the way I purchased from Matt, should get it today. I have some other Bears items I'm going to post, not GU but nice items none the less.

Was it something I said? I get no love...

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.