Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 36 of 190 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Banned

Lightbulb Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Interesting.....I'd never heard that before
    I was told that Legendary has one of these jerseys, a 1977-78 exemplar of a RB named Best, in their current auction. Haven't checked it out personally though, yet.

Dave Miedema

Anybody got any pics of said uniforms?
    xxx

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Mears had one at auction a while back. I believe it was in one of the monthly's that happened late last year - Nov. or Dec. I tried to get into the archives but they didn't go back past 2010.

I bet one can find a pic on Getty, if you have the patients to search.

Here's the one from Legendary and I remember this being same one from Mears that I spoke of earlier....

Attached Images Attached Images  

Hhhmmm. The nameplate looks just like Sand-Knit's blue fabric from their retail authentics.

I don't know, and how is yellow more visible than white? It would be less visible, I would think.
    I would definitely need to hear that story from someone other than an auction house's description of an item before I considered purchasing it, personally.

I could certainly be wrong but if somebody offered that to me for sale I would immediately think that it was a Bears team-issued jersey with a bad "mom and pop sports shop" attribution......but anything's possible, I suppose.

If anyone else can corroborate the legend of the Bears yellow nameplate lettering and mismatched fabric, I'd love to hear it.

BTW, if it's legit it was worn by Art Best (Kent State), RB, 1977-78.

Excessive shipping much?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

When I asked the seller why so much to ship a pair of gloves........ (aaaaannnd you guessed it!)........ he copped a 'tude and proceeded to tell me how the gloves were worth more than his starting bid plus the excessive shipping.

Sometimes I just shake my head and wonder "why are there so many of them, God?".

Excessive shipping much?

When I asked the seller why so much to ship a pair of gloves........ (aaaaannnd you guessed it!)........ he copped a 'tude and proceeded to tell me how the gloves were worth more than his starting bid plus the excessive shipping.

Sometimes I just shake my head and wonder "why are there so many of them, God?".
    I hear ya! I can have a set of gloves shipped from here to Florida in 3 days and it will cost $4.70 - and that's with delivery confirmation.

God made dumb people to make us smart ones even smarter......

Excessive shipping much?

If he's so worried about making money, then why did the seller lower the price by $10 and the shipping by $2 over their previous listing that ended 8/16? It does make you wonder

What is a fair price on a Walter Payton retail authentic, providing its the real deal?

Depends on the size, the tag, the nameplate, etc..

For example, a size 42-44 with a cloth tag and proper letters and spacing on the nameplate can go as high as $400-500.

On the other end of the spectrum, a size 38-40 or 46-48, with a silk tag and nameplate lettering too close together and/or with the oversized orange outline, sell for between $100-200.