Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 38 of 190 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Nevermind, my "ebay radar" woke me up.

I'll stop short of saying this is bogus, but..........

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mid-80s-Chicago-...efaultDomain_0

The only Bears jerseys I've ever seen with the tag sewn on the back were all retail authentics and all post-1987, (like this one). The spacing on the nameplate lettering is indicative of a retail authentic as well.

And don't even get me started on the "Payton game worn jersey with little to no wear" issue again.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    And don't even get me started on the "Payton game worn jersey with little to no wear" issue again.
    Hahahaha, Glad I'm old enough to fully remember watching him play... yeah, there's no way that happened the way he hammered people. Sent you email with the fabric details on that Morrissey by the way...

Let's get this back on track, recently in receipt of an Urlacher jersey, its a supposed pre season game used. The date of the game is written on the tag, but not much wear, can't really photo match. Any help or opinions would be appreciated, no time for my own photos yet. I figured at the least, even if I can't prove game use, at the least, its game issued.

I'm still fuming that I failed to bid on that nice Payton retail authentic that I posted about recently !! Go Bears !!

It's a little odd there's no sign of +4 length or elastic hem and such (it's not just the photo, right?) but even if it wasn't, at least you got a nice bat-wing gamer cut and sig there!

Quote Originally Posted by terryzom View Post
    It's a little odd there's no sign of +4 length or elastic hem and such (it's not just the photo, right?) but even if it wasn't, at least you got a nice bat-wing gamer cut and sig there!
    You are correct, no elastic hem, and no +4, but I've seen some gamers that don't have the hem or the +4. Am I correct in that evaluation?

Plus, you're correct again, even if there isn't game use, I got the almost worn, hanging out in the locker, please wear me jersey and auto to boot.

Brian doesn't use +4. He has been a 50 since early in his career, so if you are looking at jerseys that are 50 +4, that should immediately be a red flag.

I was originally uncomfortable that a "dated" '07 game issued jersey was not hemmed, and the penmanship on that jock tag had me thinking too....(but the pics weren't the best).....

None the less, its definitely a nice score! You don't see those pop up very often. Congrats.

bu54cb

i can help you with your research on the 07 urlacher jersey
    i tried to send you private response, it said you did not accept them,
    feel free to call me or email and i'll do my best to help you.

be well and go bears,

ps, brian is fine and will have a real good year, and if the line can gave jay some time it will be a fun year to be a bears fan.

bergie

847-433-2550
    bergie2399@aol.com

pss if matt triple xxx would show me how to post pictures on here i would wake this crowd up.....

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    Brian doesn't use +4. He has been a 50 since early in his career, so if you are looking at jerseys that are 50 +4, that should immediately be a red flag.
    Thanks for the classroom lesson, Matt
    I was trying to eyeball it against Rick's GU Orange Alt and the length looked shorter--could just be the pics as well.

I know we would love to see the stuff you've got, Bergie! Us "transplant" Bears fans don't get out to Chicagoland much.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Nevermind, my "ebay radar" woke me up.

I'll stop short of saying this is bogus, but..........

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mid-80s-Chicago-...efaultDomain_0

The only Bears jerseys I've ever seen with the tag sewn on the back were all retail authentics and all post-1987, (like this one). The spacing on the nameplate lettering is indicative of a retail authentic as well.

Do you have an email address you can share or PM me, I have a question I'd like to ask you.

Sure, my email is: rickdrums99@yahoo.com