Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 45 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    I finally got my room put together, I have a few more items to put out, but this is it so far.

Nice, man! Nice! Very clean and simple look, Displays those jerseys perfectly. Keep up the good work.

Sweet setup there BU! Love that Bears paint scheme.

Matt, what's wrong with someone dropping 9 large on a jersey with a questionable pedigree, an incorrect nameplate and absolutely no photomatches?

Folks can "do whatever they want" with their money. They can WAY overpay for an item that will ultimately prove to be worth half the asking price or prove to be not even game used at all if they want to.
    Hell, just ask all the rubes bidding up all the NFL Auction stuff, they'll tell you. It's their money and as long as they're happy, well..........

So, Matt, mind your bidness and let people "burn through 'dey dough like 'dey's no tomorrow"!

Banned

Exclamation Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

The bad news: Da Bears lost to Seattle 23-20.

The good news: Green Bay lost, as well...we're still a game up on the Pack!

Dave Miedema

Well seeing these final hammer prices (Hester $1000, Pep $2500, & BU $4500 - Its a fair assumption to say that set the bar for this years market value. Especially that Pep jersey.

I can't see anyone else getting more out of these (considering they are the BCA jerseys and NFL Auctions usually has the highest auction prices).

Thoughts?

Agreed, 100%. These ended about where I thought they would.
    1st new Bears jerseys of the season, BCA specialty items, and not to mention NFL Auctions pieces which always sell for way more than they are ultimately worth, equals what should be the higher end of the measuring stick for 2010 Bears jerseys.

JO should take note of indicators like this and price new items accordingly, meaning regular home and away jerseys of like players most likely should be priced at around 65% of the final hammer price of these NFLA jerseys. Lesser players, around 50%, give or take.

All bets are off regarding the 2010 alternate jerseys which you can bet will be through the roof, pricewise. It will be interesting to see how many of these get snatched up quickly and how many warm the shelves in the coming months.

That's even if those throwback's even hit the market. They still have the Minn. game that they will wear them in but, word on the street is, most (if not all) of them will never make it to the market. Just like those alternates from '04.

Should one or 2 creep out, I agree, they will be costly!

No orange alternates today, maybe they aren't wearing them this year?

Brutal game, I'd love to know why Lovie didn't challenge the Cutler QB sneak that was a TD. Brutal day Jay Cutler, brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    No orange alternates today, maybe they aren't wearing them this year?

Brutal game, I'd love to know why Lovie didn't challenge the Cutler QB sneak that was a TD. Brutal day Jay Cutler, brutal.
    Pretty sure NFL allows teams only one alternate style jersey to be used per season. With Bears already using the throwback this year as the alternate, they wouldn't be allowed to crack out orange this year. Sure it will be back next season.

Banned

Angry Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Sad to say, but the wheels on the Bears bus are coming off rapidly. The 2010 offensive line may be one of the worst in NFL history. They're so bad, a defensive line comprised of grenda12, sugarpam, frikativ and yours truly would probably get 3-4 sacks in a game.

Dave Miedema

I'm afraid we have a very expensive bust on our hands in Mr. Cutler.
    Granted, the line isn't protecting him but even when it does he poops the bed.
    Stick a fork in him........start Hanie.