Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • platinum1
    Banned
    • Mar 2008

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Originally posted by TriplexXxSports
    I think the Bears are going to be big spenders and might need all the money they can get to make a big splash again.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by platinum1
      I think the Bears are going to be big spenders and might need all the money they can get to make a big splash again.

Yeah, but the way they made it sound is they just outright released them, with no talk of trade, of other teams offering to buy out the players contracts. Doesn't appear that making money was the idea on this move.

The Bears have never been a team to make the smartest off season decisions either...

Comment

• BU54CB
        • Jul 2010

Yeah, but the way they made it sound is they just outright released them, with no talk of trade, of other teams offering to buy out the players contracts. Doesn't appear that making money was the idea on this move.

The Bears have never been a team to make the smartest off season decisions either...
        What value did any of the 3 really have? Harris has been hurt for 3 years and ineffective most of the time. Hillenmeyer was concussed for a year, and Shaffer was ineffective as well. I wasn't aware that you had to buy out an NFL contract, they aren't guaranteed, and Harris at a 2.5 M roster bonus due, I had a feeling he was a goner.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by BU54CB
          What value did any of the 3 really have? Harris has been hurt for 3 years and ineffective most of the time. Hillenmeyer was concussed for a year, and Shaffer was ineffective as well. I wasn't aware that you had to buy out an NFL contract, they aren't guaranteed, and Harris at a 2.5 M roster bonus due, I had a feeling he was a goner.

Besides liking these guys personally, you are right, they barely made a dent in the recent years. That is not the issue. The money they had in Harris' 4 year - $40 mil extension could have been bought out in a trade negotiation, putting some money back into the Bears pockets, or money and a decent draft pick. Same with Hilley.

Just releasing them does nothing for the franchise. All it does is negate future payments to these guys. But, you can't tell me that Harris is not worth a contract buyout, or a draft pick, on a trade? Where the hell was the logic there. Why not try to get some money back?

Package Hilley & Harris together for a 1st and 3rd rounder, or even a 2nd & a 4th. SOMETHING, ya know.

Releasing them is saving money, but when you could of made money (either via cash, or draft picks), there is just no logic behind the move. And, as I said, the Bears have never been known for making the most logic off season decisions. Scratch that - that a**hole Jerry Angelo has never been known for making the most logical off season decisions....

Comment

• 34swtns
            • Apr 2006

Harris has been on thin ice for awhile so no surprise there but I'll miss Hunter.

Comment

• BU54CB
              • Jul 2010

Besides liking these guys personally, you are right, they barely made a dent in the recent years. That is not the issue. The money they had in Harris' 4 year - $40 mil extension could have been bought out in a trade negotiation, putting some money back into the Bears pockets, or money and a decent draft pick. Same with Hilley.

Just releasing them does nothing for the franchise. All it does is negate future payments to these guys. But, you can't tell me that Harris is not worth a contract buyout, or a draft pick, on a trade? Where the hell was the logic there. Why not try to get some money back?

Package Hilley & Harris together for a 1st and 3rd rounder, or even a 2nd & a 4th. SOMETHING, ya know.

Releasing them is saving money, but when you could of made money (either via cash, or draft picks), there is just no logic behind the move. And, as I said, the Bears have never been known for making the most logic off season decisions. Scratch that - that a**hole Jerry Angelo has never been known for making the most logical off season decisions....
              I liked all 3 players as well, especially Harris and Hillenmeyer, but I'm not sure they have much trade value in this case. Harris has been hurt for 3 years and never performed to the extension he received, Hillenmeyer was concussed all of the 2010 season. I don't see any team forking over even an 2nd and 4th for both or either players, that's a big chance on injured players that aren't getting any younger, 28 (Harris) and 31 (Hillenmeyer.) Trading draft picks for aging, injured vets is too much of a risk, but that's just my opinion.

As a fan, I would have liked the Bears to keep both, I think Harris' play was improving a bit and Hillenmeyer could have competed for his job this year. At least we could have held on to them and see what happens.

Angelo is one of the worst GM's ever. Why is it that Angelo announces to the NFL world that he'll let a player go if he can't trade him? Genius move Jerry, you just took your own leverage away. Don't get me started on Angelo's drafting !!

Comment

• 34swtns
                • Apr 2006

Ohh good gaawwd.......... it's the off-season and I'm so bored.
                There's nothing available but benchwarmer nobody crap on ebay or JO's overpriced shelfwarmers.
                I'm so bored I did a straight even-up trade Briggs-for Briggs with forum member Matt Jenski.
                It's that bad.

Oh well, at least this is a beauty........and hammered!

Lance Briggs, game worn on Nov. 12, 2009 vs. the 49ers

Comment

• mad87man
                  • Feb 2011

34 That Briggs jersey is AWESOME! what kind of hanger is that on?

Comment

• 34swtns
                    • Apr 2006

Thanks 67, it's just a regular hanger but it has a set of football shoulder pads between it and the jersey.

Comment

• djnos7
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2010

Did the jersey get a bath? I really liked it in its original form!
                      var YAHOO = {'Shortcuts' : {}};if (typeof YAHOO == "undefined") { var YAHOO = {};}YAHOO.Shortcuts = YAHOO.Shortcuts || {};YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = false;YAHOO.Shortcuts.sensitivityType = [];YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false;YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0;YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = "djnos7@yahoo.com";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_ur l = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_tags = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_language = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.version = "2.10.0";YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = {};YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSetID = "599b3067236d9334ee6b1f2a2e9e0070";

Comment

• 34swtns
                        • Apr 2006

Sorry, '67' should've been '87'.

I won't go into the usual rant about the ancient format of this forum with no 'edit' function. I'll just get back to smashing wheat with a rock to make flour and then ride my horse into town for supplies.

Geeeezz.....

Comment

• 34swtns
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by djnos7
                          Did the jersey get a bath? I really liked it in its original form!
                          var YAHOO = {'Shortcuts' : {}};if (typeof YAHOO == "undefined") { var YAHOO = {};}YAHOO.Shortcuts = YAHOO.Shortcuts || {};YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = false;YAHOO.Shortcuts.sensitivityType = [];YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false;YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0;YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = "djnos7@yahoo.com";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_ur l = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_tags = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_language = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.version = "2.10.0";YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = {};YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSetID = "599b3067236d9334ee6b1f2a2e9e0070";

WTF are you talking about?! The jersey is completely unaltered.

And did your friggin' keyboard explode or what?!!
                          Bwahahahaha!!!!

Comment

• djnos7
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2010

if that thing wasnt washed then something is wrong, cause the pics i have this thing had a deep dark green streak and wrinkled to death... so i guess it mysteriously straightened itself out?

Comment

• djnos7
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2010

where is the brown stain at the bottom of the tail?

Comment

• 34swtns
                                • Apr 2006

Dude, you are smoking crack.

The stain is still there, I just didn't feel the need to photograph every detail of the damn thing and yes, genius, if you hang stuff up for a long enough period of time.......THE WRINKLES TEND TO DISAPPEAR.

Don't make it a habit of accusing people of stupid $hit in the future, OK?

Least of all, me.

Comment

Working...