Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 34swtns
    • Apr 2006

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Regarding the Urlacher helmet: it never ceases to amaze me how even after multiple people have contacted sellers and made them aware of the issues involved with their items for sale that they don't....

1) remove the item

2) at least amend your description to reflect what the potential issues are and lower the price considerably because now you know your item is not genuine!

No, instead these tools just leave the auctions as is hoping some sucker will come along and pony up the dough for their bogus junk. That fool still has that helmet up and priced at over 3K!

In the words of my uncle, "Some folks is in serious need of a good azz-whoopin'".

Comment

• Tyrcha
      • Dec 2009

Forgot to mention...
      ...I recently updated my personal website. In doing so, I added a section for my game used stuff. Take a look! I should be adding a new jersey in the next week or so. Enjoy!

CBCollector.com
      Collecting
      Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Comment

• Vikingshelmetguy
        • Mar 2009

Bears guys: Did any of you see the amazing game used Bears items currently for sale on the Mears auction site? Looks like the auction listings end tomorrow (June 25, 2011). There are some incredible vintage game worn Bears jerseys and helmets for sale on the Mears site. More Bears stuff for sale than any other NFL team. You may want to check it out:

Comment

• 34swtns
          • Apr 2006

There is some nice vintage stuff there for sure. I"d like to add that Buffone to my collection but it's not gonna happen. I'm saving my dough for the Bucs/Bears game in London in October. Assuming it happens, that's gonna cost me a small fortune.

Hey, Bears guys, how many of you can tell me what all is wrong with the McMahon "gamer" on ebay?

There are several things. How many can you name?

Comment

• 34swtns
            • Apr 2006

Seriously.....nobody??

You guys are killing me.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by 34swtns
              Seriously.....nobody??

You guys are killing me.
              I had a football game today, so I am a little late to the party (btw the Rush are now 2-0).... Anyway, I can say for certain the first giveaway is the NOB.

Ok, who's next....

Comment

• 34swtns
                • Apr 2006

You're excused, and congratulations on the 2nd victory.

There are actually 2 things wrong with the nameplate. Any ideas?

Comment

• Tyrcha
                  • Dec 2009

I just got my first GU Bears durene jersey, a Jim Cadile jersey from the early to mid 1960's. This jersey is awesome! It's just beat to death from all the use back in the day. TONS of team repairs throughout the jersey. A true HOF piece.
                  Attached Files

CBCollector.com
                  Collecting

Comment

• weasel49er
                    • Oct 2008

Awesome Durene Tyrch. I havent seen anyone talk about the Mcmahon jersey yet Rich, so im gonna guess a couple things. the Name on the nameplate looks a little off and the numerals on the jersey sleeves look a little small. Im not 100 percent sure but i cant wait for your words of wisdom. im always down for learning a few things to help me in my ever growing quest to know all things Bears. Thanks as always

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2009

Tyrcha:

That Cadile is awesome! You might have gotten the best 1960s/70s jersey of the auction.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• Tyrcha
                        • Dec 2009

Yeah, I can honestly say I'm more than happy with the jersey. Thing is, I never knew I lived that close to MEARS. I'm literally down the street from them.

CBCollector.com
                        Collecting

Comment

• BU54CB
                          • Jul 2010

Awesome vintage durene jersey Tyrcha, there was a great variety in the Mears auction, I wish I had taken advantage and purchased one.

I did pick this up from the latest JO auction, I posted the JO photos, haven't had the chance to take my own

Nick Roach away jersey from the 2009 Bengals game. This jersey is beat, I counted 7 team repairs, several un-repaired tears, and leftover tape inside the shoulder and collar. As you can see, many helmet marks and dirt all over, I couldn't be happier with the jersey, I'm glad I went for it.

Comment

• Vikingshelmetguy
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Tyrcha
                            I just got my first GU Bears durene jersey, a Jim Cadile jersey from the early to mid 1960's. This jersey is awesome! It's just beat to death from all the use back in the day. TONS of team repairs throughout the jersey. A true HOF piece.
                            Wow, Tyrcha, that's so great that you got that Bears Durene jersey. I am not even a Bears fan, but I think your new Durene jersey is awesome. Thanks for posting photos of it! Very happy to see that you won it! Congrats!

Max (Vikingshelmetguy)

Comment

• 34swtns
                              • Apr 2006

Nice pickups guys! That Roach is all marked up and that durene looks like it's been through a woodchipper. Good stuff.

Back to the McMahon: the nameplate has 2 major deal-breaking errors.
                              I've always begged everyone to find a picture of McMahon in a Bears jersey with no spacing between the "Mc" and the "Mahon" on the nameplate. Nobody's ever been able to do it. I have thousands of hours of game footage and volumes of photo archives and even I can't find any evidence that he wore anything different.
                              Number two......the "A" on the auction jersey's nameplate.
                              The Bears have never, and I mean EVER used that "A" in any way shape or form. Not even on their retail authentics, hence this is nothing more than a bad custom job.

I won't even get into the sleeves and the sizing......wrong and wrong.

Comment

• weasel49er
                                • Oct 2008

+1 on the Mcmahon, thanks for the little bit of info on it. Sick Roach pick up also my friend, the use on that bad boy is awesome.
                                Finally got one of my jerseys in from Josports, this was quite the headache to get my hands on. Long story short, it took 4 months of BS to finally reach my doorsteps. In any case, proud to show it off, doubt he's coming back but ive always been a huge fan on D. Manning. He's an incredible athlete and I love his straight up the field return style. '07 Navy against the Vikings. It's easily photomatched since he was all over the place that game.

Comment

Working...