Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 83 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Quote Originally Posted by mountview54 View Post
    sorry i thought it would show the pic of the cleats before my ? I'm talking about the 2010 Urlacher cleats of Matt's thanks if anyone can help on my ?
    Just for reference here peeps, this is what 'View is referring to.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Anthony Adams jersey worn Nov. 7, 2010 in Toronto vs. Buffalo

Hey Rick, Nice Adams! I will say I just met him the other day and had him sign both of my jerseys. I can tell you he was totally blown away that someone actually had his jerseys. He kept asking me where I got it and was freaking out that it still had blood and the 2-sided tape in the shoulders. Awesome guy and nice pick up!

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

ok thats kewl too haha i was just wondering because i havent seen a cut like that on Brian's cleats before and i was just wondering if brian notched it in for some weird reason. Its still pretty cool thou so it might start a new tread haha. Sry for paying too much attention being bored at work does that to ya haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrcha View Post
    Hey Rick, Nice Adams! I will say I just met him the other day and had him sign both of my jerseys. I can tell you he was totally blown away that someone actually had his jerseys. He kept asking me where I got it and was freaking out that it still had blood and the 2-sided tape in the shoulders. Awesome guy and nice pick up!
    Thanks Scott, that Gibson of yours is unbelievable.

Damn, I've got the Adams hung on my display clear across the room and I can still smell that thing. Nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Thanks Scott, that Gibson of yours is unbelievable.

Damn, I've got the Adams hung on my display clear across the room and I can still smell that thing. Nasty.
    LOL! Yeah, mine Adams' aren't that bad, but then again...they are still in the zip lock in a large sealed tub.

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Well, your Garrett Wolfe game jersey values just went down the toilet:

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/122443109.html

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mountview54 View Post
    ok thats kewl too haha i was just wondering because i havent seen a cut like that on Brian's cleats before and i was just wondering if brian notched it in for some weird reason. Its still pretty cool thou so it might start a new tread haha. Sry for paying too much attention being bored at work does that to ya haha
    I will tell you and I will not even kill you. It is a old school football trainer method. (Not recomended by equipment managers).... players order shoes half size to small for a tighter fit. So there for the cut star shaped holes in their shoes to give their toes a little extra room. some players cut their cleats on top for their toes and some cut the side of the cleats. But overall this is why they cut star shaped. Hope this helps. If I can get it attached i will attach a photo to show you.

JO

Banned

see the big toes poking out LOL well it is actually padding from the cleats but the big toes are poking out the padding.

Quote Originally Posted by josportsco View Post
    I will tell you and I will not even kill you. It is a old school football trainer method. (Not recomended by equipment managers).... players order shoes half size to small for a tighter fit. So there for the cut star shaped holes in their shoes to give their toes a little extra room. some players cut their cleats on top for their toes and some cut the side of the cleats. But overall this is why they cut star shaped. Hope this helps. If I can get it attached i will attach a photo to show you.

JO

I have to disagree with this comment. If this was the case Brian would be in 12.5's - not 13's.

The trainer trick is correct but in this case it wasn't because Brian's shoes were to small. Otherwise every set would have been cut like that. There are only a few pair that have that cut in the toe.