Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 167 of 190 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1899
    admin_old

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

In my short time as Administrator, I've recieved multiple email complaints or comments regarding posts in this thread. Let's clean this thread up please. I went back almost a year and deleted well over 100 posts. These posts were either off topic, offensive, a direct insult to another member or simply belong in another section. This thread has some great followers and terrific activity, thank you for that and I encourage your continued participation. However, please make sure it stays on topic, which should be, sharing photos and descriptions of your Chicago Bears stuff. If you are looking for an item, we have an Items Wanted section. If you are selling an item, we have a collector to collector section. If you want to troll fellow members, we don't have a section for you. Sound fair? Now, let's see some Bears stuff...

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me at gameuseduniverseforum@gmail.com

Doug Reiser

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    In my short time as Administrator, I've recieved multiple email complaints or comments regarding posts in this thread. Let's clean this thread up please. I went back almost a year and deleted well over 100 posts. These posts were either off topic, offensive, a direct insult to another member or simply belong in another section. This thread has some great followers and terrific activity, thank you for that and I encourage your continued participation. However, please make sure it stays on topic, which should be, sharing photos and descriptions of your Chicago Bears stuff. If you are looking for an item, we have an Items Wanted section. If you are selling an item, we have a collector to collector section. If you want to troll fellow members, we don't have a section for you. Sound fair? Now, let's see some Bears stuff...

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me at gameuseduniverseforum@gmail.com

Doug Reiser

A BIG +1

Dave M.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

Doug Reiser

Can I get a "Hell yeah!"
    (As a cheesehead, I do enjoy reviewing this Bears thread).

To get this thread back on the right path!

The Chicago Bears chose Harris as the 9th pick in the first round of the 1979 NFL Draft. Harris played for the Bears from 1979 to 1984 and again from 1986 to 1988. Harris sat out the entire 1985 season due to a contract dispute with the Bears, and missed being part of one of the most dominating Super Bowl teams of all time. Harris returned in 1986, but a hamstring injury and the contract dispute still lingered over his tenure with the Bears, he signed a free agent contract with the Philadelphia Eagles in the off-season in 1989. He played two years with the Eagles before retiring.

In 1985 Mike Singletary, Todd Bell, and Al Harris were negotiating new contracts. Mike Singletary was given a new one, but Michael McCaskey wouldn't pay Harris and Bell what that were worth so their holdouts lasted all year. They both missed out on the Superbowl, but signed and played the following year.

This jersey dates back to the 1983 and 1984 seasons. There are over a dozen repairs and some are holding others...

Bears jerseys with outstanding use from the 1980's hardly come up for sale so I'm very lucky to have snapped this one up!

Enjoy:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Samets View Post
    To get this thread back on the right path!

The Chicago Bears chose Harris as the 9th pick in the first round of the 1979 NFL Draft. Harris played for the Bears from 1979 to 1984 and again from 1986 to 1988. Harris sat out the entire 1985 season due to a contract dispute with the Bears, and missed being part of one of the most dominating Super Bowl teams of all time. Harris returned in 1986, but a hamstring injury and the contract dispute still lingered over his tenure with the Bears, he signed a free agent contract with the Philadelphia Eagles in the off-season in 1989. He played two years with the Eagles before retiring.

In 1985 Mike Singletary, Todd Bell, and Al Harris were negotiating new contracts. Mike Singletary was given a new one, but Michael McCaskey wouldn't pay Harris and Bell what that were worth so their holdouts lasted all year. They both missed out on the Superbowl, but signed and played the following year.

This jersey dates back to the 1983 and 1984 seasons. There are over a dozen repairs and some are holding others...

Bears jerseys with outstanding use from the 1980's hardly come up for sale so I'm very lucky to have snapped this one up!

Enjoy:
    Wow, this is an awesome piece! Mind if I ask if you scored this from an auction or private collector?

Never mind! Found it!

Quote Originally Posted by vince182 View Post
    Wow, this is an awesome piece! Mind if I ask if you scored this from an auction or private collector?
    Thanks! I love this jersey.

Legendary is selling Nathan Vasher's 2006 Chicago Bears jersey and pants from "Comeback of the Year" game... The jersey comes with paperwork from JO Sports which usually means the jersey is is game worn and not washed...

I pulled a pic of the game and it appears that Nathan Vasher had a hell of a grass stain on his right shoulder which is missing from the auction jersey.

Legendary was contacted on November 3rd and as of the writing of this post, the description has not been updated... They were asked if the jersey was washed and if so to disclose that or update the description stating that the jersey doesn't match the pictures from that game...

Crickets... Buyer beware...

Here's what every true Bears fan would definitely call a holy grail! This jersey was donned by Calvin Thomas, the 2nd running back of the Chicago Bears from 1982 through 1988. Jersey was worn in 2nd half of the 1985 as well as the full 1986 season. It shows multiple repairs throughout as well as the paint transfers from the Houston Oilers, Detroit Lions and the Green Bay Packers.

Based on the available pictures from the Super Bowl Shuffle, Thomas (saxophone) appears to be wearing this jersey!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Samets View Post
    Here's what every true Bears fan would definitely call a holy grail! This jersey was donned by Calvin Thomas, the 2nd running back of the Chicago Bears from 1982 through 1988. Jersey was worn in 2nd half of the 1985 as well as the full 1986 season. It shows multiple repairs throughout as well as the paint transfers from the Houston Oilers, Detroit Lions and the Green Bay Packers.

Based on the available pictures from the Super Bowl Shuffle, Thomas (saxophone) appears to be wearing this jersey!

Incredibly AWESOME! The Bears at their best in most of our lifetimes.

Dave Miedema