Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 118 of 190 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1899

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

So here's something I've been sitting on a little while because I've been trying to figure out exactly what this jersey was. What is appears to be is a 1960's King O'Shea game jersey. The problem I've been having is trying to figure out who, if anyone, wore this jersey because no one between 1958 and 1970 wore number 16. While watching the original Brian's Song last night, I seem to have stumbled upon the answer. I took a couple screen shots and it looks like the wrinkles at the bottom of the 1 and the 6 match up. Now if there was some way to figure out who the guy in the movie was...

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrcha View Post
    .....Now if there was some way to figure out who the guy in the movie was...

Here's your list, homey... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068315/fullcredits

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrcha View Post
    So here's something I've been sitting on a little while because I've been trying to figure out exactly what this jersey was. What is appears to be is a 1960's King O'Shea game jersey. The problem I've been having is trying to figure out who, if anyone, wore this jersey because no one between 1958 and 1970 wore number 16. While watching the original Brian's Song last night, I seem to have stumbled upon the answer. I took a couple screen shots and it looks like the wrinkles at the bottom of the 1 and the 6 match up. Now if there was some way to figure out who the guy in the movie was...

Tyrcha,
    The screenshots you supplied do indeed show QB Kent Nix appearing as an extra in the movie. Nix was on the Bears taxi squad in 1970, and was issued #16. To my eyes, it looks like there's a difference in the placement of the front number 16, compared to what Nix is wearing in the screenshots. The top of the front "1" on your shirt is somewhat higher than the top of the "6" compared to what Nix is wearing.
    -Guy

Well guys, as many before me, and I'm sure many after - I too am giving up the hobby for the foreseeable future. Life has a way of altering ones priorities, and it seems that this is just my time.

Thanks to each and every one of you here that have helped my little thread reach 106,000+ views (one of the top viewed threads on the board)!! It shows that us Bears guys have a little something that everyone wants to see...

I have been blessed by many in this hobby, including my Bears guys here, and have gained a wealth of knowledge that will be irreplaceable. And, if nothing else, maybe I was able to help a few of you too along the way.

With that said, I will be selling off most (not all) of my collection in the upcoming weeks. If you are interested in what I have, shoot me an email.

Thanks again for everything and best of luck in your collecting, where ever it may take you.

Banned

i too am stepping back,,anyone interested in my bears stuff shoot me an email.. u can see my limited bears stuff on this thead.. 2 full hesters ..and more
    mickeymbz@comcast.net

Bears collectors droppin' like flies...

Go Pack!

The cheese stands alone. I'm not going anywhere.

CBCollector.com
    Collecting

Hey guys, if anyone has a common player game worn bears jersey you'd like to unload for cheap email me. Kyle@excessivecelebrations.com. I'm looking in the $150 range, 2000-present.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    Well guys, as many before me, and I'm sure many after - I too am giving up the hobby for the foreseeable future. Life has a way of altering ones priorities, and it seems that this is just my time.

Thanks to each and every one of you here that have helped my little thread reach 106,000+ views (one of the top viewed threads on the board)!! It shows that us Bears guys have a little something that everyone wants to see...

I have been blessed by many in this hobby, including my Bears guys here, and have gained a wealth of knowledge that will be irreplaceable. And, if nothing else, maybe I was able to help a few of you too along the way.

With that said, I will be selling off most (not all) of my collection in the upcoming weeks. If you are interested in what I have, shoot me an email.

Thanks again for everything and best of luck in your collecting, where ever it may take you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palehose for Life View Post
    Matt

Trifecta's let alone Urlachers are nearly impossible to describe to anyone outside of another collector who shares a similar passion the sense of accomplishment, elation and the effort/work & a little luck thats involved in making it all happen.

Defiantly my greatest collecting accomplishment with my only regrets being the Urlacher & Briggs 911's from 2011 but maybe that's just the hoarder inside of me!

My question 2 you is where do we go from here??????

Next 4 me I think is the refinishing of my basement and a super sick display seems only fitting.

Bear Down
    Love yalls collection. May I ask why you guys are hanging it up?

Time to wake this thread up a little bit. Presenting, what I'm pretty sure is, the LAST jersey Olin Kreutz wore during his HOF career. The jersey looks like hit has been scrubbed professionally. There are very faint helmet burns on the shoulder patches. Also, the neck has what looks to be some rubbing and cloth snags. Too bad his last jersey wasn't a Bears jersey.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

CBCollector.com
    Collecting