Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 49 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
    Banned

Exclamation Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Patches are nice but us Bears fans don't get many opportunities to get them, unfortunately. The Upshaw patch that every team wore is the most recent that comes to mind.
    I agree about the Toronto patches. In last year's Wembley game both teams got to wear patches even though the Bucs were the "home team". Why not the Canadian game?
    Yeah, and, except for the Raiders, the other 31 teams (including the Bears) wore them only for thier season openers (home or road).

Dave Miedema

Banned

Talking Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Bears 27, Favres 13

6-3 and still in the hunt.

The diva looked awful...3 INT, 1 Fumble.

Dave Miedema

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

My first post on this thread, following a big win vs the fins. I picked up a great linebacker who played for both teams back in the day. This one shows good wear, including potential blood stains. Obtained from the freakman himself!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Banned

BEARS 16, Thigpens 0!!

Always nice to beat Miami...if it even marginally ticks off the classless 1973 bitter old men, it's worth it. They probably weren't reaking out champagne on the sidelines this time.

Dave Miedema

Banned

BEARS 31, Eagles 26.

The Monsters of the Midway let the dogs out on Michael Vick and friends.
    8-3 and atop the NFC North alone (thank you, Atlanta).

Dave Miedema

Bears collectors: Did you guys happen to see this Richard Dent game used helmet that recently went up for sale on Ebay and did not sell as the reserve was not met? What do you think about this helmet? I am not a Bears fan, so I can't tell if this helmet is legit, but it does have nice game wear.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Richard-Dent-Mid...item2a0c2a06cd

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingshelmetguy View Post
    Bears collectors: Did you guys happen to see this Richard Dent game used helmet that recently went up for sale on Ebay and did not sell as the reserve was not met? What do you think about this helmet? I am not a Bears fan, so I can't tell if this helmet is legit, but it does have nice game wear.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Richard-Dent-Mid...item2a0c2a06cd
    I would suspect that if it only reached $52, there must be some issues. The Lou Lampson letter is less than comforting as well. The helmet may have made its rounds in the auction scene stirring up questions before, building a previous reputation as a problematic lid, but without the proper research on it, that is only a guess.

IMO - (1) if it's on eBay, (2) during the biggest buying season of the year, and (3) it only reached $52 - then there ARE issues with it. Certified or not. A helmet with that potential would fetch thousands if it had better provenance.

By no means am I a helmet guy, so I have no educational guess for you on what issues it may have. I figured you would know more than us.

This is a job/question for Robert, or if someone cares to take the time, hop on Getty and try to at least style match it.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    I would suspect that if it only reached $52, there must be some issues. The Lou Lampson letter is less than comforting as well. The helmet may have made its rounds in the auction scene stirring up questions before, building a previous reputation as a problematic lid, but without the proper research on it, that is only a guess.

IMO - (1) if it's on eBay, (2) during the biggest buying season of the year, and (3) it only reached $52 - then there ARE issues with it. Certified or not. A helmet with that potential would fetch thousands if it had better provenance.

By no means am I a helmet guy, so I have no educational guess for you on what issues it may have. I figured you would know more than us.

This is a job/question for Robert, or if someone cares to take the time, hop on Getty and try to at least style match it.
    I completely agree with that assessment, at the minimum those factors should be enough to raise a red flag with collectors. I looked on Getty and it appears that after a few minutes of research, a style match can be made. There is one thing that bothers me, the angle of the facemask on the ebay helmet seems to be vastly different than the Getty images. The ebay facemask angles away from the helmet at a sharper degree than the photos I looked at on Getty.

Banned

Wink Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

[quote=TriplexXxSports;228419]I would suspect that if it only reached $52, there must be some issues. The Lou Lampson letter is less than comforting as well. The helmet may have made its rounds in the auction scene stirring up questions before, building a previous reputation as a problematic lid, but without the proper research on it, that is only a guess.

IMO - (1) if it's on eBay, (2) during the biggest buying season of the year, and (3) it only reached $52 - then there ARE issues with it. Certified or not. A helmet with that potential would fetch thousands if it had better provenance. (quote)

Don't forget (4)...it has a LOU LOA!

Dave Miedema

My newest pickup from the JO sale. Rashied Davis home jersey from '09 used against the Cardinals. There was a previous repair on the right shoulder, so there's a chance it was used in the BCA Lions game as well. Hopefully this is the case because I nabbed the would be matching BCA used wristbands a while back.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.