Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 40 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

I'm pretty Sure the Urlacher is a 1 Gamer (but aren't they all today?) The Urlacher has some good staining and lots of BO, but no major gauges!

I did get the Pants and the Benson is totally pounded.

Hey Matt....I'm with you on a lot of the paperwork these days and the NFL does make some mistakes. But at the end of the Day, the NFL Auctions paperwork is pretty solid for NFL Jerseys.

I am Big Time into Photo matching and try to do it for all of my Jerseys. I recently nailed one of my best Photomatches ever. It was an absolute perfect "No Miss" match. I'm talking staining, loose thread, nameplate.....all spot on!

I uncovered some rocks and found that the behind the Alias was one Steven A. Misturini! He went out of his way to work the Jersey like an Artist......So I guess you can say that even the Cons are stepping up their game a notch.

My whole thing with papers is this:

Are they good for authentication - sure (if you look for that in a purchase). But who is to say that people/companies are all that honest?

Example: Let's say that someone got a NFL Auctions Authentic (Urlacher, lets say) from 2005, w/ papers. In that same year, month, day, or whatever, he bought a game used '05 Urlacher, w/ papers.

If the game used is as good as gold (based on wear, photomatches, etc.) and now he has a duplicate (so to speak), why not peel the sticker(s) and switch the papers. Now he gets to keep his gamer and sell the authentic (with different papers) as game used for 5x's the cash.

See, papers can be switched to benefit a sale, especially in high dollar items. I'm not accusing anyone of doing that, but you have to look at the dark side.

That's why for me, papers mean d*ck. A photomatch is definitely the ace in the hole over all else. If a jersey is certified as game used (especially to a particular game) and cannot be matched (assuming there are pics available from that game), then what good is it?

Not to throw turds at the wall, but I know of a NFL Auctions jersey - certified, sold, and then resold as a GAME USED jersey with the pink captains patch with not a lick of wear. The numbers are spotless, no creases, sweat marks, wrinkles, NOTHING. Further attempts at photomatching even revealed that the "C" patch was not even in the right spot. (Us die hards here know the jersey I'm referring to).

Now, a jersey certified as a gamer but a photomatch that proves otherwise. Or, a jersey with no papers that is a dead on match to 1, or several, games......

Think about that.

I know this is off topic but I wanted to share this with you guys (this is after last weeks game with 1 more to play before playoffs start). These are the NATIONAL rankings.

http://www.semiprobcs.com/weeklyrankings/august28.html

...and, if anyone cares to see stats, pics, or general team info, here's our site...

http://roscoerushfootball.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    ...and, if anyone cares to see stats, pics, or general team info, here's our site...

http://roscoerushfootball.com/
    Good luck Sat. in your playoff game !!

Anyone with any new Bears items, its been a while.

Dibs on Matt's game jersey.

What I get no love? I'm on my 2nd team/league of the year. This weekend I'm going to be playing a half of my Summer league's all star game and then leaving at halftime to drive an hour north to play in my Fall league's regular season game. I'm what you call hard core. Game's 15/16 on the year...hear I come!

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Scott, throw out a link to your team's website!

Meanwhile, here's some possible photomatch material for that #54 jersey I expect to be adding to my collection.
    Remember, it has to be unwashed with unrepaired holes and dings and I'm gonna need one of those game-dated stickers on the inside hem as well as a COA and LOA signed by the eqt. manager on team letterhead.

I am ROFLMAO! Now why in the heck did you have to go and butcher me like that?

The cost of any of my gear just went up for you my friend!

And the winning bidder will receive (on DVD) each game that the particular item was worn in (as well as a Rush letter head signed by the...ah....well, I guess me.)

Too Funny Rick! Thanks for the laugh.

"Butcher" you????

I don't get it. Action shots are a form of "butchery"?
    You'd be butchered if I'd posted shots of you on your ass with a 150 lb. opponent on top of you or shots of you on the bench with your head in your hands crying 'cuz you just got trucked by a kick returner named "Sergio".

THEN you'd know you got butchered.