Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
Here's where I respectfully disagree with you.

Not all collectors have the same requirements for a game used jersey as you do. Some don't care about the stats, patches, or game use. You assume you are speaking for most Urlacher game used collectors, but I don't see how that's possible.

The orange alternate showed plenty of game use despite being washed, the captain patch didn't exist until 2 years later, and many of Urlacher's GU weren't hemmed before 2007.

An auction is an auction, I don't think anyone got that jersey on the cheap. The price is a market price at the time of the auction, plain and simple. Are there factors that contribute to that, sure, but the hammer price is what it is.

I understand you prefer what you prefer, more power to you. Many collectors don't share the same preferences you do, that's the beauty of collecting.
There are many individual preferences amongst collectors, but more often than not I fall into this camp......In my opinion, the player either wore it in a game or he didn't.....Especially with QB's where there is little to no wear.

I am also of the belief that just about every modern day player is available to purchase if you set your mind and your wallet on it....It wasn't like that 20 years ago. It seems as though the greater the supply, the greater the volatility in prices.

Could anyone possibly guess how many Urlacher jerseys are out there?....Just a few Seasons ago, they had a bunch of them on the Walmart Website for sale didn't they?