Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VERIS#60
    • Dec 2005

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

Hello, I was wondering if any of you Bears collectors have any game used items of Dave Juenger? Dave was a punter for only one season in I think 1974. I know his items would be very scarce and hard to find if they even exist. Dave is from my hometown of Chillicothe, Ohio. Thanks for any feedback!
    Bruce

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by VERIS#60
      Hello, I was wondering if any of you Bears collectors have any game used items of Dave Juenger? Dave was a punter for only one season in I think 1974. I know his items would be very scarce and hard to find if they even exist. Dave is from my hometown of Chillicothe, Ohio. Thanks for any feedback!
      Bruce
      I personally have never seen one of his jerseys. My guess is, if he was only on for 1 season AND he was a punter, he only had 2 jerseys - 1 home & 1 away. I would have to think he kept them for himself and will probably never hit the market. The only way I think they would get on the market is if he passed and one of his family members sold it off somewhere and it eventually ended up in an auction house. However, I believe that scenario to be highly unlikely. In most cases those types of jerseys are passed between family and close friends for generations.

Good luck in your quest.

Comment

• tjm5711
        Banned
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by TriplexXxSports
        I personally have never seen one of his jerseys. My guess is, if he was only on for 1 season AND he was a punter, he only had 2 jerseys - 1 home & 1 away. I would have to think he kept them for himself and will probably never hit the market. The only way I think they would get on the market is if he passed and one of his family members sold it off somewhere and it eventually ended up in an auction house. However, I believe that scenario to be highly unlikely. In most cases those types of jerseys are passed between family and close friends for generations.

Good luck in your quest.
        That's a good assessment of what may be the case. I can easily see that being the case. Yeah, good luck finding that guy's jerseys if that is in fact what happened. Those are probably hanging on the wall in his den no doubt.

Comment

• saftey45
          • Jan 2006

• Funny thing reading this last post. I actually have a home durene of dave's. Got it in a trade from another Bears collector. How weird is that.?? Bruce shoot me an email if you get a chance, mike saftey45@yahoo.com

Comment

• VERIS#60
            • Dec 2005

Hi Mike,
            I have tried to send you a message thru yahoo and it wont let me send it. Can you please try and send me a message at brucecaplinger@yahoo.com? Thanks so much!
            bruce

Comment

• 34swtns
              • Apr 2006

What kind of idiot gets a tattoo of their favorite team during one of the worst seasons in recent memory?

My 45th birthday present to myself.....BEAR DOWN!

Comment

• tjm5711
                Banned
                • Dec 2009

I've never been at tattoo guy. But that one is sweet. Your bro does beautiful work !

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by 34swtns
                  What kind of idiot gets a tattoo of their favorite team during one of the worst seasons in recent memory?

My 45th birthday present to myself.....BEAR DOWN!
                  Ummmm, where exactly did you get that? With all the crack and hair.....no, no way, it couldn't be.......

Happy B-day old timer!

Comment

• 34swtns
                    • Apr 2006

LOL!!!!!

Upper left chest. It's a little bigger than I had planned (the pic is about 3/4 scale) but I'm pleased with it. Now if I can just get it to stop stinging!

Comment

• neverfinished94
                      • Dec 2009

does anyone know where i can get a blank chicago bears jersey? looking for a xxl. Thanks
                      looking for anything from former Tampa Bay Buccaneer & current Jacksonville Jag Roy Miller

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by 34swtns
                        LOL!!!!!

Upper left chest. It's a little bigger than I had planned (the pic is about 3/4 scale) but I'm pleased with it. Now if I can just get it to stop stinging!
                        Good! At first glance it looked like it was on the left butt-cheek! LMAO!

Use A&D ointment twice a day - once in the morning after your shower and once again before bed - or as needed during the day. I have 100's of hours of ink on me so I am well aware of the 'sting' and burning, and swelling, and peeling, etc.

Looks good though. Nice detail in such a small space. The arm isn't too bad. Its the rib cage and under arm that is the worst!

You didn't pass out did you?!

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                          • Jan 2009

...The arm isn't too bad....
                          EDIT - The chest isn't too bad

Comment

• 34swtns
                            • Apr 2006

Thanks Matt, I've actually got several tattoos. The thing is I always go years in between so I forget how uncomfortable they are.
                            Two of my brothers own tattoo shops: one in Huntsville, AL. and one in Lakeland, FL., so it sorta runs in the family. Those guys are tat'd up from head to toe but I've just got a few tribals, some Jap script with family names, and the Queensryche "bat" logo.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                              • Jan 2009

Cute story behind this picture. My niece was conceived in Boston to a father that is a die hard Steelers fan, and a mother that is a die hard Patriots fan, and Red Sox fan (what child abuse!), so I felt that on her first Christmas, I had to show her the truth and the way. So I got her a Bears hoodie and butchered the "little snowman" story to tell her about the '09 Bears.(Nevermind my t-shirt, it's a long story - lol.)

Attached Files

Comment

• 34swtns
                                • Apr 2006

Cute story behind this picture. My niece was conceived in Boston to a father that is a die hard Steelers fan, and a mother that is a die hard Patriots fan, and Red Sox fan (what child abuse!), so I felt that on her first Christmas, I had to show her the truth and the way. So I got her a Bears hoodie and butchered the "little snowman" story to tell her about the '09 Bears.(Nevermind my t-shirt, it's a long story - lol.)

What a cutie! You did the right thing.
                                I'm assuming the picture was taken in the middle of a multi-hour intensive debriefing session in order to combat the brainwashing she's had to endure.

I'm embarking on a similar humanitarian mission myself. I'm currently heading up the "Rick's Home For Wayward Patriots Fans and Other Bandwagon Jumpers". We're accepting membership applications but we're limited to approving only young women between the ages of 18 and 25 years old, at the present time. If you know of any tortured souls who fit this criteria feel free to send them our way.

As for the Seahawks shirt.....I'm gonna go with "found it in a dumpster" and leave it at that.

Comment

Working...